looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I am excited for these, because I'll get to see more of the insane filmmaking tech that's being used when the BluRays eventually release. I am curious how all of the pandemic stuff is gonna impact the film industry overall for big, expensive films like this though.

X:neo:

A lot of VFX crew are non-union and able to work from home so... :monster:

I mean ofc it'll have ramifications, but the bulk for something like Avatar would not require on set filming.

At least... I hope so for job security... ;-;

I wish we were getting Battle Angel Alita 2 but that wasn't nearly as profitable I guess :(

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
A lot of VFX crew are non-union and able to work from home so... :monster:

I mean ofc it'll have ramifications, but the bulk for something like Avatar would not require on set filming.

At least... I hope so for job security... ;-;

I wish we were getting Battle Angel Alita 2 but that wasn't nearly as profitable I guess :(
Especially since a huge portion of "filming" scenes in the original was James Cameron walking around an empty room, moving through virtual captured footage, with a tablet acting as a virtual camera to get the shots he wanted of the takes he liked, and then having those go to the full VFX. :awesomonster:

I hope that job security is good to them, and also that maybe it'll help make filming safer for things like that in the future.

Also, I am super gutted about the prospects of Battle Angel Alita 2, because I want it SO BADLY.

X :neo:

Lex

Administrator
Oh, I can't believe those are actually still happening. You know, I enjoyed the movie when it came out, in spite of its issues. It was glorious to look at. I have the blu-ray somewhere, I might pop it in and see how it holds up.

It's on Disney plus. The other night I put it on to go to sleep and once again enjoyed the visuals. I found it to be a shitty experience though, the acting is totally horrendous. I don't remember it being that bad lmao

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
water-tribe-sokka.gif

edit: Logo

Last edited:

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
It looks incredible. Somehow it flows realistically, it doesn't feel overly or video-gameish digital despite all the CGI.

Hopefully the story will be less generic this time.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
There's no way I'm staying awake the whole time. Hopefully there will be a quick intermission

Top Bottom