Japanese script?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Okay so where can I find the Japanese script online?... I'm looking and all of the sites I had bookmarked don't exist anymore :( And I went and gave away my Memorial Album :awesome:

Anyone know where I can find it? I've searched but to no avail.

Reactions: Ite

GlitterBerri

赤橙黄緑青紺&#
Here, I just uploaded it for you. These are all the text files from FF7 International. The file names generally correspond to the game's map files. You can check those out here. However, occasionally the text for one area will be found in a different file than you'd expect it to be in. Some text is also duplicated and appears in multiple files. I believe that there may also be textual differences between FF7 JP and FF7 International.

These text files also contain debug messages, unused text, and messages that are used in the game but impossible to trigger, so keep in mind that not all of what you see appears in the final game. These things are being covered by Shademp and I.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Wow that's huge... I didn't need all of this but thank you so much ^_^ I'll definitely keep all of this this time.

GlitterBerri

赤橙黄緑青紺&#
No problem. ^^ Looks like someone tried to transcribe it too, though I'm not sure how accurate or complete this is. If you're looking for stuff in the game order, it might help.

This site also has the FFVI and FFIX script, along with 3 pages of cute icons.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Here, I just uploaded it for you. These are all the text files from FF7 International. The file names generally correspond to the game's map files. You can check those out here. However, occasionally the text for one area will be found in a different file than you'd expect it to be in. Some text is also duplicated and appears in multiple files. I believe that there may also be textual differences between FF7 JP and FF7 International.

These text files also contain debug messages, unused text, and messages that are used in the game but impossible to trigger, so keep in mind that not all of what you see appears in the final game. These things are being covered by Shademp and I.
That amazes me more than it should. How do you get the text from the game like that?

So I can go and do so to practically everything I own.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
So I am necromancing this thread to ask if anyone has the text files, or at least the name of the file so I can search my computer to see if I still have it somewhere.

I don't know what documents GlitterBerri uploaded. I have some excel documents with the script though.

Firstly, this document with the English and Japanese script side-by-side. There are some random notes and scribbles here, and the markers of the unused text is not completely up to date, but it could still be a useful resource.
Ordered Script Document

Then I have a document with the Japanese script of the original release (JORG) and that of FFVII International (JINT) side-by-side. This is a pure script rip though so there are many repeats and it might be more difficult to navigate through than the "ordered" document.
JORG versus JINT

Last edited:

kiechi

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Hi Shadamp,

By any chance do you still have those files? Would love to have em' to continue learnin' Japanese. Many thanks!

kiechi

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Sorry, it doesn't allow me to edit my previous message. Firstly, apologies for mispelling your name. Secondly, I also sent you a message via skype regarding said dumps. Apologies in advance for the impromptu request, Shademp.

kiechi

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Seemed to have lost my last message. So again, apologies for misspelling your username Shademp. Secondly, apologies for the impromptu request. Spent many hours on google trying to find something and this seems to be my best chance! I hope you understand my frustration.

kiechi

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Fantastic, Shademp. Thank you very much for your time to upload for me. I will have great fun going through the international version! Whilst writing it all down to practice my writing and kanji! Your help is immensely appreciated and I am sincerely thankful. Thank you again, Shademp :)

Top Bottom