• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

John Wick... Films!

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
You say that, but yet 14 seconds in there's already been two dozen or more cuts. I know it's a trailer and shit, but, they're not selling the "fast cuts are bad mkay" argument with that video. Edit: they also do the thing where they cut off pausesIn spoken sentences and skip to theNext part right away. very annoying.

That video's not a trailer & pretty much guaranteed that wouldn't've been cut together by the same people who're editing the film. Not only that, it's a minute and a half made up almost entirely of BTS clips & B-Roll footage mixed with a few short clips of footage from the film that's been shown already, which gives zero indication to how the film itself is cut. All the cut-together sentences are done for quick teases like this and just brief conceptual introductions to the filming process without showing anything the official trailers haven't already. The longer stuff's likely held for BTS Extras when the film is properly released (like some of the training footage that's already been put out online) where a full segment like this could be something like 6-20 mins.

They're just covering quick looks at multiple action shots and choreography to talk about it and also garner interest. Because they're showing off a number of parts filming different scenes and action shots in under two mins, and not focusing on the shots of a specific scene, it's going to be more broken up & have lots of quick glimpses (which is wholly different from having two dozen cuts in 12 seconds for a single scene – which is the problematic thing in film these days). The important thing is looking at how those short shots are filmed (mid-range, steady cam) because that's about the only thing that you can glean from the film's content itself from something like this.

Just saiyan :awesomonster:

X :neo:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Matrix reunion at the premiere afterparty :neo:

keanu-reeves1.jpg

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Best trio. Also Keanu and Common answered some questions on Twitter that were really fun to watch. I'll hunt down links if I cba.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So long as Keanu and their crew are heavily involved… I'm actually into this idea.

I really don't want films about John Wick's past, because his current trajectory is infinitely more interesting and I want them to keep on with more of that — but I also know that I would watch the hell out of a series about what came before, especially because the sort of background world building and mafia stuff suits the format of a series much better than attempting a prequel film.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I've seen Chapter 2 twice already.

The story doesn't quite top the first film, but then again I never expected it to as good revenge storylines are always exceptionally strong. They did PHENOMENALLY with the action in this one, and did a great job of peeling back the veil on the mythology a bit both for the world and for John's past. Insofar as it being a sequel, I really can't think of how they'd've done better than they managed with this one. Everything it should've been and delivered on all fronts.

Endlessly pleased with how these films've been developing and how much work they put into them, and I can't wait to see what's next.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
hallo ich bin john wick, sie haben meiner hund ermördert und jetzt bin ich aufgepisst.

or something :monster:. I might go watch it in cinema tonight, idk yet.

Just got back from it. It's was real good, action scenes top shelf. Felt a lot of places it really dragged though, maybe because I'm not really interested in the whole worldwide, everyone knows John Wick even the people at the very top of the world's food chain, shoot outs in high class art galleries, thing. The Continental in the first movie was enough of that for me.
Making it so big makes it less, in that it feels more like your typical action movie. The first one was a story about a guy who's good at his job coming back to deal with a mob boss who wronged him. Simple, low key, effective. I was worried the sequel would get too big, and it did. I don't need to see how Wick is a legend on the world stage. A state, or east coast, legend is perfect for him. Worldwide, just makes him more Bond than Bond.

Anyway, I'm rambling.

Edit: Still really looking forward to a third tho, and a series of that happens.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I actually thought that when you see him up against Cassian, it's pretty clear that he's among a group of other assassin's who are all quite high caliber, but he's always been notable among them. Even his stash of coins in the first film and the way everyone knew him seemed to indicate that. Then again, I was QUITE interested in seeing the larger scope of the guild-type group, so ymmv.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
As a follow-up, Forbes also did a similar article, and I was finally able to identify the central statue in the film.

The central status is of Hercules & Lichus. There're statues of the 12 gods (six on each side). Lichus is known for giving Hercules the poisoned Shirt of Nessus that killed him. The Shirt of Nessus is used as a mataphor to represent, "a source of misfortune from which there is no escape." exactly a description for John being forced into killing a seat at the high table once by his Mark (where if he runs, refuses, or kills the holder before completing it, he dies), and then he does so again on Continental grounds (thereby forfeiting all of its services as well as his own life as an Excommunicado).

Lichus here is Santonio D'antonio.
The Mark is the Shirt of Nessus.
John Wick is Hercules.
The 12 gods are the 12 Seats at the High Table.

Really liking the mythological type connections more and more.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Honest Trailer:

"He is so good at shooting he doesn't even shoot vertical video!" :lol:

Directors interview and reaction to Honest Trailer:

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
After years of being interested, I finally watched the first movie last night. And hot damn it was so refreshing to watch an action movie where the camera holds still and lets you watch the choreography. And what awesome choreography it was. Very enjoyable.

Top Bottom