Joystiq is Officially Gone

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I just got a little urge to check Joystiq for the first time in a while (they're the one-and-only site that I pretty much ever trusted for reviews and have been around for a little over a decade), and I found out that it was owned by AOL and it was shut down today as a part of the company's restructuring. The rumor just dropped less than a week ago, and the staff only found out was official four days ago - Not to mention that one of their editors passed away on a vacation yesterday. The whole thing is just left me utterly gutted.

Everyone has all their farewell posts that were posted a few hours ago with the lists of their top games of all time, and that's the first thing I saw when I dropped onto the site today: http://www.joystiq.com/tag/games-of-a-lifetime

I just wanted ta post this as a heads up to anyone else who might've visited the site from time-to-time over the last decade in case you wanted to check it all out, and maybe see if there's any other place that actually does game reviews that're at all decent that I can check, since I'm totally lost now.

X :neo:

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I would use Joystiq from time to time. Sad to see it good.

Top Bottom