• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Jump Force

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

I'd never've guessed that they'd've gone with this art style, but it seems to really work well. They're also combining lots of elements in the world where this is taking place, since the roots everywhere in the NYC-like location are from the world tree in the end of Naruto.

Some gameplay from E3:

X :neo:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Theres something a little uncanny in the way they've lit/textured the models. In any case, I'm probably gonna at least try this out. It looks fun.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Every character looks like it's a plastic figure. Definitely agree it's very uncanny and it weirds me out a bit. :closedmonster:

Honestly, stacking the gameplay of this up against the likes of the Ninja Storm series and One Piece Burning Blood (both incredibly similar in terms of gameplay) this really looks quite lackluster. The combat seems slow-paced and...unimaginative given the characters and their colorful abilities we see in other games.
I didn't really enjoy JumpStars Victory VS but I feel that had more going for it than what we see here.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Am I the only one who is disturbed by the disparity between "realistic stages" and "cartoonish Manga"?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I was initially, but it's definitely grown on me the more I've watched the gameplay and stuff with it. It's definitely an odd aesthetic to've gone for, but I think I'm actually digging the look of it NOT being a cell-shaded-and-as-close-to-the-anime-look-as-possible style, because it lets it feel different.

With all the other spot-on cell-shaded games looking JUST like the animes they came from, it helps to further sell the idea that they're all in a mashed-up world setting that they're not supposed to be in for this game.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm glad Bleach hasn't been forgotten about. It sure felt that way while I was in Japan. My roomie asked me if I could bring back a Bleach figure or piece of cool merch and I found nothing. Nothing.
I went in every hobby and figure store. I went to multiple Jump! stores and all I ever found was one low quality Hitsugaya fig in on the 7th floor of some big shop. It's like Japan wants to forget it existed. :(

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Same here. Fingers crossed that between this and the Bleach movie that it manages to bring things back to when Bleach was awesome and adored, before it spiraled off into a bit of a weird side arc and then an eventual conclusion where people tried to move past it.

I'm wondering if we'll be seeing any MHA in this, given that they're getting their own game now (that I should totally make a thread about)

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
If there was one character I'd love to see in Jump Force....

The girls from Claymore maybe...

Top Bottom