Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue - Coming to PS4

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
You could watch it on youtube if you want to avoid the glitches. That's what I'm gonna do this weekend despite not understanding Japanese while I'm waiting for the english release in two weeks.

Edit: I am a little surprised that it came out a day early, especially since Japan is only two hours behind Australia(since we're still in Daylight savings until the end of March, so when Daylight savings ends, Japan will only be one hour behind us).

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
NO dude, I wanna play it when it comes out... but you can bet I'll be watching the HD cutscenes when they come out

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
NO dude, I wanna play it when it comes out... but you can bet I'll be watching the HD cutscenes when they come out

You mean Back Cover?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA

WE GET THIS IN HD at 60 FPS IN A FEW HOURS! It's almost the 12th in Japan :excited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA

IT'S HERE... but... why oh why did they put credits and Mickey's shadow dancing over it? :(

EDIT:
OOOH I see, they uesd to be on the bottom screen.. okay I guess that makes sense but I wish they'd done away with the Mickey all together . It's too distracting.

It looks sooo smooth! Oh and of course the next video is "ENDING TO BBS 0.2!"... I'm trying to avoid spoilers... and it won't let me say "not interested"

anyway cool stuff, looking forward to more HD vids

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Here's backcover too if anyone wants it. not translated yet though:

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
OhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGod
...Excuse me while I clean up this mess...

Okay back. I've always loved that opening. Best one in the series. I've got chills the entire time.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I know right? It's beautiful :excited:

Also that part in the end where Mickey jumps up to punch Xehanort worked surprisingly well.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
I know right? It's beautiful :excited:

Also that part in the end where Mickey jumps up to punch Xehanort worked surprisingly well.

I know that it's never gonna happen, but it would be amazing if KH3 had Data fights of the KH1 and KH2 Final bosses. The Xemnas fight with KH3 graphics and engine......
Another mess. Best final boss fight ever.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
I'm actually a little bit surprised that they kept Mickey's "Fantasia" dancing movements for the opening of DDDHD. I actually thought they were gonna leave that out due to the original opening being on two screens.

I can actually picture Sora punching Master Xehanort in the face first and then Terra do the same with the said evil antagonist in this sort of thing, lol. But knowing Disney since they're pretty strict and were quite careful for their rated "M"(that's our third rating here in Australia for mature audiences-15 years and older) films like the Pirates of the Caribbean films, that's not gonna happen. At least not with games with PG ratings(for those a bit over ten years of age or something) like Kingdom Hearts.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I'm actually a little bit surprised that they kept Mickey's "Fantasia" dancing movements for the opening of DDDHD. I actually thought they were gonna leave that out due to the original opening being on two screens.

honestly except for that one part, I wish they had left it out. It's a bit too distracting on the same screen.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
honestly except for that one part, I wish they had left it out. It's a bit too distracting on the same screen.

Yeah, remaking the gameplay itself was most likely fiddly enough as it was when ported up to PS4. But actually doing that to the opening itself? No wonder it took a while.

Thankfully the opening for KH3 won't be having this sort of thing because the game is one-screen like 0.2, so you don't have to worry about this ever again in the future.

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
I will never understand the obtuse business reasons that would cause a 2 week delay internationally :'(

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Well Back Cover got taken down.... I guess in case there's that ONE GUY who was buying 2.8 just for that :monster:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Well Back Cover got taken down.... I guess in case there's that ONE GUY who was buying 2.8 just for that

Taken down? From digital buying, or Youtube?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
So now people have seen it, what is the connection/overlap between back cover and x/chi's storyline? Because I finally have the free space on my phone to give it a go and don't know if I will be able to finish it before playing 2.8 (although with my recent inability to purchase things in a timely manner I will probably have plenty of time)

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
The YouTube video. There's at least one more on there, though (just looked).

Must've been the English version, then, because Cyberman65 had gotten his english release already and posted it. However, he later privated it to avoid getting into trouble in revealing any more spoilers to english countries, so we won't be able to see the english version until the official release date.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
So now people have seen it, what is the connection/overlap between back cover and x/chi's storyline? Because I finally have the free space on my phone to give it a go and don't know if I will be able to finish it before playing 2.8 (although with my recent inability to purchase things in a timely manner I will probably have plenty of time)

I haven't seen it, there's no English translation yet :closedmonster:

so we won't be able to see the english version until the official release date.

Need i repeat myself?

BUT I WANT IT NAAOOOO

(also who is this Cyberman and why does he get his copy before us? :sadpanda:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
BTW if anyone finds that cutscene with Lea, Ienzo and Aeleaus that I spoke of before, let me know I haven't played DDD so I don't even know where to begin looking in all these playthroughs

Top Bottom