Kingdom Hearts IV

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Ok, being it in real-time is cool, now let's hope is not as scripted and QTE-like as it looked.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
So...Leia's gonna be a Princess of Heart, isn't she.

I wonder if Mark Hamill would return to KH to voice Luke or whether they get a soundalike since Hamill sounds so much different than he used to back in the OT.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
An AI created Luke’s stilted, uncanny performance in Boba Fett (honestly at this point Disney expects you to keep up so viciously that spoilers can’t even be a thing anymore) so Disney has the means and the will to carry on without paying an actor at all, just give Hamill a royalty check for his visual and audio likeness and be done with it.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Glad to hear they're using Unreal 5! I'll be curious to see how Nanite ends up looking in actual games. That makes me optimistic FFVII-R part 2 will also be in Unreal 5 (it might have been confirmed but I forget) as I think the more open world segments would benefit greatly from Nanite. (though Midgar would too actually aha...Happy 2nd anniversary to FFVII-R, by the way)

The most I've been invested in Kingdom Hearts is the nostalgia I get from the 2000s Simple and Clean commercial, so whatever they end up doing I'll be pretty cool with. Star Wars sounds fun.

As far as voice actors are concerned, I believe they have a roster of soundalikes they go to for various characters, so I don't think they'll get Mark himself.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I was really surprised that Kingdom Hearts 4 has been announced, and to see that Sora is alright.

My only complain is why is Star Wars in it? I mean, yes Disney owns the franchise, but it's not a real Disney creation. I'm sorry, but just because Disney owns the 20th Century movies and such now, but they didn't create things like Star Wars in the late 70's, or the cartoons like today, or even Ice Age either.

They should have kept on using the movies and shows that they actually made and/or produced like Toy Story(even though I still wasn't keen on the idea of it being in the KH franchise), or Brave(Merida has the better potential to be a Princess of Heart), and other Disney films like Atlantis and the Emperor's New Groove.

...Sorry, I know I'm ranting, but I just can't see Star Wars fitting into Kingdom Hearts at all.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
People would say the same thing about PotC, Tron and Toy Story. Yet here we are.

I'm ambivalent towards Star Wars inclusion as well, but what's the worst that could happen? Like, does it actually really matter? We all know how the Disney worlds act as padding at worst in these ganes.

As long as the world/scenario doesn't suck ass like Frozen did in KH3, I'll be satisfied. I keep my expectations low for a reason.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
  • Nomura didn't finish the anniversary artwork until 10:00am this morning. He stayed up all night to get it done in time.

Wow, he's just like me....

— Are Nobody emblems natural? Do humanoid Nobodies have them?
Nomura: Is this something you all care about? (laughs)

Based Nomura, LMAO what a great answer :monster:

— Who exactly is Demyx?
Nomura: If I reveal it here, then I'm not going to show it in-game then, okay? (laughs) I'll show it someday.

If he really wanted to be a smartass, he could have said... A nobody :awesome:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
People would say the same thing about PotC, Tron and Toy Story. Yet here we are.

I'm ambivalent towards Star Wars inclusion as well, but what's the worst that could happen? Like, does it actually really matter? We all know how the Disney worlds act as padding at worst in these ganes.

As long as the world/scenario doesn't suck ass like Frozen did in KH3, I'll be satisfied. I keep my expectations low for a reason.

Except with Pirates, Tron and Toy Story, they already half-owned them, especially since the Pirates movies were based on the attraction rides at Disney Theme Parks. Thus Disney created the Pirates franchise already. Sure the live-action movies in KH3 was questionable at first, but at least Pirates and Tron were still Disney-owned and created.

The reason why I was reluctant with Toy Story because of the human environment while the Toys had to keep their living knowledge a secret.

Star Wars on the other hand was done by Lucus Films and released by 20th Century Fox who created it's own franchises as well. Disney just bought the company to own those movies, but they still didn't create them. But as you said, there's nothing we can do about it. I just don't like the idea of non-Disney and non-Final Fantasy/Square Enix worlds and characters in the KH franchise. At least with TWEWY characters, Square Enix was involved with the game(and it's sequel), so Neku and the others can still be in it.

Speaking of which, I wonder if they are originally part of the other reality in the KH universe and they could return for the new game?

I just hope they would finally bring in Atlantis, the Emperor's New Groove and hopefully bring back Agrabah for the King of Thieves story, especially since it's the only Aladdin film that didn't have Jafar as the main bad guy. I'm guess the reason why it was left out because despite it being a third of the trilogy like KH3, it had a different bad guy while Xehanort was still the main antagonist.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
By that logic, Disney "half owns" Star Wars now. Disney oversaw the development of several Star Wars entries since the Disney buyout of Lucasfilms so that makes it just as much "theirs" as a Pixar animated film was theirs back in the 90s. Not quite sure how you can draw a meaningful distinction here. It's the joys of IP ownership and branding.

I'd say the odds of any older 2D animated films are slim because the direction going forward with KH is forward with the majority of the Disney crossovers coming from more recent properties. KH3 made that somewhat clear.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
By that logic, Disney "half owns" Star Wars now. Disney oversaw the development of several Star Wars entries since the Disney buyout of Lucasfilms so that makes it just as much "theirs" as a Pixar animated film was theirs back in the 90s. Not quite sure how you can draw a meaningful distinction here. It's the joys of IP ownership and branding.

I'd say the odds of any older 2D animated films are slim because the direction going forward with KH is forward with the majority of the Disney crossovers coming from more recent properties. KH3 made that somewhat clear.

They only did the development of the Sequel Trilogy, though, before they bought the franchise from Lucasfilms.

And it's sad that they're avoiding the older Disney 2D films while recycling ones like Snow White and Cinderella for the mobile games and Nomura is a big fan on Hercules. The only game Olympus Coliseum didn't appear was Dream Drop Distance so far. I'd love to see the ones like Robin Hood, and the other two I mentioned to appear in the franchise.

And if they're keen on doing crossovers, then maybe Disney and Square Enix should ask Sega if they could do a crossover with having Sonic in the KH franchise since despite Paramount working on it's own Sonic Live-Action film series and owning part of it now, Sonic appeared in the first two Wreck it Ralph films whereas Mario from Nintendo was only mentioned despite the attempts in having the heroic plummber in. I mean yes Sora appeared in the Super Smash Bros Ultimate game as the final DLC character, but one would think that Sonic could have a slight better chance.

...Slim but as I said, slight chance.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sorry. Guess it's just I'm not much of a Star Wars fan and I owe everyone an apology.

Anyway, I'm surprised that Square Enix have announced two Kingdom Hearts games instead of just one, and I have a feeling that Missing Link will be out in 2023 while KH4 will be out by either(hopefully but it's a very long stretch) also next year, 2024(more ideally) or (more realistically if it doesn't end up being delayed for almost a decade like KH3) 2025.

Luthyl

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Planet scholar
I can't believe we are actually going to play in quadratum. It feels unreal, eh.

No but seriously, I really wonder how the next arc will play out, with so many characters involved it's going to be challenging.
Regardless, I am here for the crazy ride and the cryptic stuff and I have a feeling I won't be disappointed in that department.

And Nomura always knows how to pull on your heartstrings anyway, so no fear about that.

Also
  • Nomura didn't finish the anniversary artwork until 10:00am this morning. He stayed up all night to get it done in time.

Why am I not surprised lol

Where did Riku get the Keyblade he gave to Kairi in KH2?

Nomura: We'll follow up on that somewhere in the future.

Wait, you are telling me there is an actual reason and that the plot will allow us to have an answer? After all this time? Nomura, you sly fox.

Top Bottom