LEGO Lord of the Rings

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Lego-Lord-of-th-Rings-Video-Game.jpg

Back in December we learned that LEGO would be making toys for one of our favorite book series and movie franchises, The Lord of the Rings. Since LEGO is all about the licensed properties, we knew damn well that they’d be adapting it for a video game series. Having done Harry Potter, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Batman, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc., a Lord of the Rings LEGO game was inevitable.

And what great timing would it be for such a game to release with the first part of The Hobbit releasing this fall, bringing back many of the familiar faces from Peter Jackson’s LOTR trilogy? As we’ve learned today thanks to pesky trailers, that’s exactly the plan.

Read the rest here.

I've never played any of the Lego games but I think I would totally give this a try. :monster:

Fangu

Great Old One
I played the first Star Wars one (or is it the first - the one based on IV anyway) and I really enjoyed it :)

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Lego video games have been the closest thing to consistently good movie-to-videogame adaptations, :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I'm actually kind of excited about this. Will we get to build things with said Legos?

Lego games are good as long as you haven't played too many of them. They change the formula a little each time, which may keep small children entertained... but I got through the star wars ones and couldn't bring myself to play much of the rest.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
They're fun because they're detailed and polished but Balthea nailed it

I'd say Batman was my favorite

MissPlasticFlower

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I've got the Batman one for the DS and I found that really fun. I wasn't too interested in the Star Wars ones though, but I did play the first few levels or something. I want to get the Lord of the Rings one when it comes out because LOFTRs reminds me of being in a caravan watching the extended DVDs with my dad. :D

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
The Indiana Jones one (the first one) gave me chuckles and nostalgia.

LotR is a bit big in scope, but let's see how well they scale it down. :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
lol is that a ring

that is a huge fucking ring

Top Bottom