Let's All Play Saga Frontier! [56K Super Unfriendly]

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Alright, let's get this Turkey cookin'.

We're going to play a game I've loved for well over a decade, ever since I picked it up at the local game store. And not Lunar, Lunar 2, or

Xenogears, though this game is in good company with the last one, because it's notoriously unfinished.

Yes, it's time for SaGa Fontier!

001Logo.jpg

Coming out in the same development era as Xenogears and FFVII, but without ever being revisited for fixes and additional content, this game- like much of the early SaGa games- is still damn fun to play, and one of my favorite Square RPGs.

The game stars 7 heroes, as mention, without about 5 stories worth of total plot, as also mentioned.

When the game starts, all 7 heroes are displayed. We're going to start with Emelia. Remember, CIRCLE is yes, X is no.

002Chooseyourhero.png

For a less SD idea of what she looks like, here's a picture of her character concept art.

003Emelia.gif

Next we need to let the game know where our system data is. If we don't have any- we don't- we make one.

004SystemData.png

005Makenewdata.png

Naturally, we want to keep our system data around like the game suggests. We also might want to keep at least one save file per character.
Naturally, you're going to want at least one whole memory card for this game. For those of you NOT playing on PS1 or PS2, this is less of an issue, but this game will eat a memory card or more if you let it.

006Rename.png

Anyways, next we can rename Emelia. I won't be renaming heroes- since it's just the heroes and that's boring- but you can feel free.

007Prison.png

In any case, We start with our heroine in prison. Now, Emelia's a former supermodel, and as we all know, pretty famous people never go to jail. Not for long anyways. So why's she here?

008Fightdress.png

The reason is revealed over the course of the intro, so just keep watching. For now, just know she and her fiancee just had a fight, and that Emelia was going to show herhim the wedding dress. Now she's in jail.

009Womeninprison.png

And now she's being hit on by women in prison. If you were bummed we didn't start with Assellus and her leztastic exploits, take heart!

This is Annie. I'll show her concept art off later.

Also, we learn her boyfriend was shot by a guy in a joker mask...

010Whyyoukill.png

..And the cops blame her for it. That's Fuse, BTW, he's a member of IRPO. They're the INTERPOL of this game. Fuse was the eight main character. Obviously, he's not anymore. He's also recruitable in pretty much every single quest.
Including Emelia's.
Like I said, the game's very unfinished in places.

Anyways, into this sexy softcore setup comes the Prison Warden, with his bizarre and hilarious pasttime.

011Warden1.png

012Warden2.png

013Warden3.png

Yes, horrific serial murderer, touch this shiny rock and get a FULL PARDON!

014Warden4.png

Yeah, that's a lie. Both parts, really.

015MeetAnnie.png

016Thatwasthere.png

017Civvies.png

So, after meeting Lisa, our third part member, learning there is a ready made escape tunnel underneath her cot, and changing INTO OUR CIVILIAN CLOTHES, we get control for the first time.

018FirstFight.png

So we get into our first fight. As you can see, we have a party display with some basic party switch functionality. When we have six or more characters, this lets us choose which party to fight with, though the number of times I've used that feature can be counted on one hand.
Anyways, in battle, there are four important stats that you need to keep track of. There's HP, which is restored at the end of each fight, and LP, or life points, which are your life. If someone loses all their LP, they can't be used again til you restore it, usually by resting at an inn. If your hero loses all their LP, it's game over.
WP is weapon points, used for higher power physical techniques. JP is Jutsu points, used for magic.

019Levelup.png

And get our first stat up.
I should explain here. You never level up in SaGa frontier. Your stats just improve. Try and hit someone? The relevant stat might go up? Get hit? You might gain HP, vit, or both. Sometimes you do nothing and get bonuses at the end of level. Generally though, the better enemies you fight and the more you do, the better your stat gains.
How do you get new moves? We'll cover that as it comes up.

020Emstats.png

021Anstats.png

022Listats.png

For the record, these are our starting stats, more or less. Emelia got a few bonuses, but she's still far behind the other two. She'll level up quickly, though.
As you can see, Annie's equipped with a sword, and Lisa's going unarmed. Lisa is the first or second best sword user in the game, and Lisa is DEFINITELY the best martial artist in the game.

023Falldown.png

So, see this hole in the ceiling up at the top there? You have to run at it using X so you jump down. You then hide in the locker. You can get a HEAT bazooka from the locker to the right, but you HAVE to hide in the rightmost lockers to do so and not get caught.

Oh yeah, if you get caught, it's an immediate game over. Make sure to save here if for no other reason. It's not like the fights are a challenge here.

024Spark.png

Excellent. I learned- and screenshotted- a new move, one of three Lisa learned in quick succession. This is commonly called 'sparking' and has been the method of learning new techniques in SaGa for a few games now- did I mention Frontier is the 7th SaGa game? There were 3 for the GB, and 3 for the SNES before this.
Also FFII, but it doesn't count, despite having the same growth mechanic. I do consider it the spiritual father of the series, though.

So, after me deliberately wasting time and exploring the rest of Despair- that's the prison we're in- I make it to the boss fight.

How do I know it's the boss fight? Well, apart from being the 10th or so time I've done her quest, Annie says this

025StarWars.png

026Roufasyousay.png

And then this guy shows up.

028Handsome.png

Here's our first boss, and a new game mechanic

029COMBO.png

Combo attacks. If two or more characters have compatible attacks with the right initiative order, they'll link attacks and start doing more damage. At two man combos, it's merely something like double damage, but it gets exponential if you get a five man combo. We'll get into combos and broken things you do with them later.

030Freedom.png

031Pardon.png

For now, just know that we beat the boss- okay, he ran away, still- and won our freedom from the crazy Warden.

032Screenshot.png

And see Emelia in that wedding dress, in one of the more spoilery splash images if you know what it's depicting.

032CrazyOff.png

Anyways, Emelia heads back to her Boyfriend's house, that crazy man attacks her, and another crazy man comes to save her.

0337thheaven.png

Roufas here then takes Emelia to a restuarant.

034Behindthebar.png

And behind that foodly facade...

035AVALANCHE1.png

036AVALANCHE2.png

037Gradius.png

A Resistance Cell!

After that, and lots and lots of words about something called Cube and no idea what it is, you get control again. And that's where we'll stop today.

But first...

038TotallyCloud.png

A resistance cell run from behind a restaraunt, vaguely defined goals, crazy man at the helm, the star members are a Blonde who's really good with swords who's just in it for the money and a woman who can piledrive several story monsters without batting an eye.

You gotta wonder, were they trying to go for AVALANCHE 2.0, or did it just come about naturally?

Anyways, try and get to the end of her first quest by Friday-ish. I'll try and have the next leg done by then.

Last edited:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'm going to start this now :)

Edit: I reached the checkpoint. Here are my thoughts.

I thought that the running speed was too fast, making movement somewhat imprecise. It also felt strange to climb up ladders, open doors, jump off ledges, open decision menus and even talk to people just by running into them, without pressing circle.

The part we played was like a maze. The pipes and rooms were interconnected in so many ways, that it was difficult to work out where to go. That wouldn't have been a problem, except that the enemies respawned, so it became very slow progress for me. It's not that I didn't like the battles; there were just too many, and they were very repetitive. It was particularly annoying when two or three enemies all chased after me at the same time, meaning I had no choice but to fight them consecutively without a break.

Speaking of the battles, I was a bit confused by them. The order that commands are entered seems to have no bearing on the order in which they are executed. Is it determined by one of the stats, perhaps quickness? Other things: it took me a while to work out how to use items in battle (equip the rucksack), so Emelia died a few times, including from the boss's final attack, which did more damage than her max HP. I learnt a few new moves through "sparking", but I also saw one move which didn't seem to be learnt. It looked like a counter-attack, and I think it was called KO Throw, used against a Hedgehog enemy for 400+ damage. What was that?

I guess I will get used to some of those things in time. They didn't stop me from enjoying the game, though, which is the most important thing. It was definitely fun, and I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I'm going to start this now :)

Edit: I reached the checkpoint. Here are my thoughts.

I thought that the running speed was too fast, making movement somewhat imprecise. It also felt strange to climb up ladders, open doors, jump off ledges, open decision menus and even talk to people just by running into them, without pressing circle.

I never had any problem with any of that, to be honest.

The part we played was like a maze. The pipes and rooms were interconnected in so many ways, that it was difficult to work out where to go. That wouldn't have been a problem, except that the enemies respawned, so it became very slow progress for me. It's not that I didn't like the battles; there were just too many, and they were very repetitive. It was particularly annoying when two or three enemies all chased after me at the same time, meaning I had no choice but to fight them consecutively without a break.

That it's a maze is the point of Despair, honestly. It and another dungeon to be raged at later are the maziest parts of the game. As for enemy respawn, yes, they do respawn, but they can also be avoided with some clever running, or in the case of the slimes, walking when they're not present.

Speaking of the battles, I was a bit confused by them. The order that commands are entered seems to have no bearing on the order in which they are executed. Is it determined by one of the stats, perhaps quickness?

Quickness and Move Speed determine your position in the turn order, yes. It's still slightly random, but apart from Blue's quest, this won't matter too much. In general, faster people using quicker moves and spells go first.

Other things: it took me a while to work out how to use items in battle (equip the rucksack), so Emelia died a few times, including from the boss's final attack, which did more damage than her max HP.

It didn't even occur to me folks would need items during this section, or I would have covered it.
For the record, only the person equipped with the pack can use items. In general, I don't use them, though.

I learnt a few new moves through "sparking", but I also saw one move which didn't seem to be learnt. It looked like a counter-attack, and I think it was called KO Throw, used against a Hedgehog enemy for 400+ damage. What was that?

It was a countertech. Those will spark randomly when you get attacked. I didn't show it off, but Annie picked up Dodge needles in my run.

I guess I will get used to some of those things in time. They didn't stop me from enjoying the game, though, which is the most important thing. It was definitely fun, and I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Excellent.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Tonight on SaGa Frontier!

01Passiveaggressiv0e.png

002PassiveAgressive.png

We get guilt tripped into joining Gradius.

We can say no,

003Butthoumust.png

But we can't go anywhere til we agree. Well, anywhere outside Koorong, that is.

We agree, and Roufas says we need training.

004Training.png

Which confuses Emelia, because effort was not part of the initial job offer for a shadow army.

005Targets.png

This is training. I GUESS it's good for some stats, but it's better to get into actual fights.

006Mission.png

Once we're done firing six shots, it's time for our firstish mission, namely, find you way back. This is stupidly easy, since you're dropped five screens away from where you were.

Once you're done, Emelia has nothing to do. She asks Roufas what to do.

007GoShopping.png

008GoShopping.png

009GoShooping.png

Don't do this. It's a trap. I'll explain why in a bit.

On the way out, we ask about Annie

010AnnieLike.png

011AnnieLike.png

012AnnieLike.png

013AnnieLike.png

014AnnieLike.png

Which further cemtns Annie-Cloud similarities. We also recruit Liza. For as long as I remember not to spell her name Lisa, anyways.

Outside, we pick up Annie

015Annieget.png

Who in all seriousness proposes what Emelia asked sarcastically. There IS a mall. We aren't headed there yet.

Instead we head to Luminous to pick up

016Rougfuckyeah.png

017Rougefuckyeah.png

this gentleman. This is Rouge. He's Blue's brother, and basically the best caster in the game, We'll be getting to know him A LOT, since he'll join anyone but Blue for reasons we'll get into in that quest. He comes with Realm magic, and the gift for it. One of two people in the game, since the only way to have the gift for this magic is to be born in the Magic Kingdom. The other, naturally, is Blue. If you ever go to Magic kingdom, Rouge leaves the party. He can always be picked back up here, exactly as he was.

0018Taznerfuckno.png

019Tanzerfuckno.png

This is why the Rune quest is a trap. Tanzer is a dungeon you randomly enter and can't escape til you finish. You also need strong AOE techs to finish it. We have none. After a half hour, I just reset and loaded my save from before accepting the rune quest. Then ran and got Rouge again.

Tanzer, by the by, is THE maziest section in the game. It is complete bullshit.

We also go to scrap to pick up some characters

020NewMembers.png

Just randomly talk to folks in here. Of the characters in here Emelia can recruit, only Gen has a precondition. You can't recruit T-260 as Emelia, though I think nearly everyone else can.

We also perform an awesome and eventually game breaking glitch here

021Junkglitch.png

If you buy one round of the junk shop's random draw, then ATTEMPT to sell this bazooka, you get another 7 items free. You can repeat this as often as you like. Items are random, but get better as your stats increase, though you do occasionally get some really awesome stuff. Given you can only resell certain items for cash, this is a good way early game to farm cash to buy your casters some spells before they get the gift for a magic and learn it themselves. This is NOT the best way to grind for cash. I'll get to that in an update or two.

022ROUFAS.png

We also pick up Roufas as a party member, then immediately strip him of his equipment.

023Seistomb.png

And loot a tomb for skippy awesome treasure. Just remember, save right before picking these items up from where they are in dungeon. You can take the deathnights at this level, but it's hardly guaranteed. Also, DON'T put the treasure on these pedastals. It's not worth it yet. We can always come back later.

024Magic.png

Speaking of the gift for magic, I went ahead and got everyone the gift for light magic. Make sure you run into the beam of light at the end with every color OTHER than red before going throuhg it white and getting the gift. You can only go through here once. If you want to bring more characters, feel free. If you want a human NOT to get light magic, give them shadow magic instead.

Now, for plot.

025Plot.png

026Suprise.png

Roufas wants a volunteer and Emelia's it.

027Naive.png

028Naiive.png

She thinks's it's a masked dance.

029Dress.png

030Costume.png

031Bloodsport.png

How wrong she is.
This is her first costume. Emelia and one other character can change their appearance. Emelia's supposedly give her boosts to combat types.

032Humblebeginning.png

We sign in

033Quickdefeat.png

And promptly lose

It's alright though, because losing advances the plot, and I lasted three whole rounds.

034Catchhim.png

Anyways, we chace down joker

035Thisexactpot.png

And we have to search THIS POT to reveal those stairs

036ishehere.png

037wherehego.png

But he's already gone so we have to fight an utterly forgettable goon.

038yeshewill.png

Yes, he will, Emelia.

039Joker.png

And here's Joker's concept art.

On Serah's request, my stats at the end of this section for the people I'll be using as my primary party.

040Ourstats.png

041ourstats.png

042ourstats.png

043ourstats.png

044ourstats.png

Last edited:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I should have said, I sat down to make a start and then the text display is all fucked up and unreadable which is probably an issue with my magical laptop *wink wink say no more* So anyway I'm going to have to tinker with it but I should be able to start on monday, spending the weekend at my parents place. If I'm too far behind I'm happy to just jump in wherever you guys are at. :)

Lex

Administrator
I should have said, I sat down to make a start and then the text display is all fucked up and unreadable which is probably an issue with my magical laptop *wink wink say no more* So anyway I'm going to have to tinker with it but I should be able to start on monday, spending the weekend at my parents place. If I'm too far behind I'm happy to just jump in wherever you guys are at. :)

If it's ePSXe you're having trouble with, try pSX instead. It's not as pretty, but it's more faithful to the original hardware and you don't need to mess with settings to get it to work. It's also far less reliant on GPU.

I'll be following your guys's posts on this playthrough because the game looks interesting, but I just don't have the time to play it right now :(

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I just restarted this, played to the first check point (saved just after Emilia asks for time to think about joining).

I do kind of agree with Flintlock's comment about the movement speed, at least when using the dash. There are times when I've tried to outrun battles only to end up running into another.

I'm also still a little unsure about the whole concept of LP, like with the boss battle in Despair. It used the charge attack twice. The first time Liza blocked it with a skill, but the second time it hit and Emilia had no chance of surviving it. So that's one LP down after just half an hour. Can you restore Emilia's LP? That loss isn't permanent, isn't it? I was under the impression it was, but I don't really know where I got that idea from now.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
LP can be restored with certain healing items like the sanctuary stoneor by staying at one of the inns in the game. All the inns are free AFAIK. Koorong and Shrike both have easily accessible inns.

There are only a few things that permanently reduce your LP, and all of them are things you buy in fascinataru for the cost of those LP.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
In Shrike, if you go to street, it's the top left door in the area, IIRC, in Koorong, there is a woman on the lower level who says 'this is the inn'

If you head in there, you'll be asked if you want to sleep. There's a few others, but I don't recall all of them off the top of my head. I think there's one in Kyo, and the queen in Shirow castle will heal you at certain times.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Saga Frontier is a very ransack game in a very charming way. There are a lot of places that definitely feel like a fantasy ghetto, like Scrap and Koorong where basic services aren't readily apparent, and sometimes literally 'backdoor'. Don't be surprised to find hidden shops in alleyways even years after playing the game.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I hate it when games do this. After completing one linear part of the game, suddenly it's "you can go to twenty different places, with no suggestions to go to any of them" (except Devin, but as you said, that's no use). Once I realised I was lost, I started using your post as a walkthrough, Ryu, but that only got me so far.

We also pick up Roufas as a party member, then immediately strip him of his equipment.

Uh, where? In Scrap? This is where I got stuck. I also had no idea how or where to do the things you described afterwards, like learning gifts. I tried going back to Koorong, but the plot wouldn't advance.

If you want to tell me to go look at an actual walkthrough, feel free. Otherwise, I'd appreciate a bit of help!

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Roufas is available in Mu's tomb in Shrike. That's the southeast corner of the map. Head down and to the left. He's just standing in the middle of the room. The rest of Sei's tomb is related to the Rune quest, so I'd just ignore it for now.
The dungeon with skippy awesome treasure is Sei's tomb, also in Shrike.

The light- and shadow- quests are in Luminous. I got light for the party since it's simpler and I plan on doing Shadow on Blue or Red's quest.

If at any time you want to proceed further in Emelia's plot, go to the northern room in R-Ty- er Gradius headquarters. Naturally, I haven't been doing that. My next update, which should be up tonight, is going to cover permanent financial security, THE best place to train in this game as soon as you can survive it, and some of the Rune quest, if not all of it.
Current running time is ~2 hours, but a LOT of that included some really easy and repetitive grinding for seed capital, and running through Tanzer, because I'm strong enough for the Rune Quest now.

Emelia's next actual plot chapter is pretty short, though, but does introduce the first- and, spoilers, only- real choice in this section's plot.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Lots of going around to nowhere for no appeciable result. Other than More money than we'll ever need.

Time for a new update!

Not pictured here, a good 20 minutes of abusing the Scrap Junk shop, selling repair kits to the lizards running it, and getting around 50 Osc Swords. We need that much because we need about 10000 Credits to pull of this trick. But it's worth it.

01GoNakajima.png

After that, we head to Nakajima robotics in Shrike, because they buy swords.

02Get100Creds.png

Don't think too hard about all the swords they're buying, just note we're rolling in money.

03Owmi.png

Next we head to Owmi.

04Nelson.png

Then Nelson.

05Getusedtothis.png

Get used to this image. At least the Nelson theme is catchy as hell. You're also seeing about 70% of Lute's existing story right now. Not even joking, sadly. Exaggerating, maybe, but not joking,

Anyways, In nelson, head into this bar,

06Thisbar.png

07Buygold.png

Buy as many gold ingots as you can,

08BacktoKoorong.png

And head back to koorong. You'll get used to the leaving Nelson ship, too.

09Goldisworthless.png

Next, we sell our ingots in the exchange right by the regionport. And by sell, I mean 'up the number you say you'll sell' Don't actually sell right now.
After awhile, the total price for gold will hit zero, but keep upping your sell number.

10Worthmorethanever.png

Then reduce the number you sell until you 'have' all your gold ingots back. Note that the gold price listed here is higher than the starting price for gold. That is the essence of this trick.
Then you can actually sell your ingots. Only sell til the sell price hits zero, then go hit up Nelson again.

11Step3repeat.png

After a few times, you'll be rolling in ingots

12Step4Profit.png

And then gold. More than you'll ever need, and with enough Ingots to repeat the trick more or less forever, so long as you don't fuck up in the Arcane quest AND empty your gold reserves at the same time.

After that, I go back to Shrike and hit up the Bio-Research labs. This is an EXCELLENT place to train for stats and abilities, IF you can survive it.
Save before and after each fight, in my suggestion.
For the record, I had two fights here, and got two techniques.

13Icankillshit.png

This is the one we care about for now. It's an AOE tech, and the strongest Realm spell ever.
In case you haven't encountered it already, Gun and Magic techniques are only learned at the end of battle. So, if you feel like, you can have 8 magic abilities and still learn abilities. You might want to leave two spots blank for defense techs to spark in, though.

14Runequesttime.png

So, we start the rune quest

15Alsoaninn.png

You can change Emelia's look through this dude, but only through outfits you've unlocked. You get one new outfit for each new Gradius Mission.

In Emelia's's quest only, there is an Inn in the HQ here. There's another inn IN KOORONG, so it's not like it's necessary. I'm still a dumbass and don't use it before the coming dungeon

16Stillfucktanzer.png

Still, fuck Tanzer.

17Buthtoumust.png

Only for Riki does this BS matter, everyone else can immediately agree and ignore this line.

18JustLP.png

Also, there's an Inn here. It ONLY restores LP. If you have a need to get JP and WP back, you might need to resort to your second party to let your first regain those stats. I'm baller, and so ignore it.

After the bullshit that is tanzer- for the most part, follow Fei-on's directions, but head UP if you don't have a clue.

19YouReady.png

At the end of it and the slide puzzle, Fei-on asks if you're ready. Saying you want to go back sends you back in the maze. Don't say you want it. Instead, tell him you need more time or you're ready.

For the record,
20Fuckyesready.png

Fuck yes, we are ready.

21Iwin.png

That whole battle took two turns, one of which was touching the rune.

Oh yeah, this battle doesn't end til you touch the rune, even if you one shot all the enemies, like Rouge did.

On the way out, a Slime sneaks into your party.

22Nextgohere.png

Next up is Mu's tomb. We picked Roufas down here on the left path. Down the right path a few levels and to the left is this gentleman.

23NotaBoss.png

He's the boss. You get 1 turn in the fight before he does anything, but he can't be hurt. Buff if you like.

25Gottherune.png

We get a rune for our efforts

Back to Kooron, we head for the last Rune, but not before buying and equipping some jet boots. But not using an inn, because I was a dumbass.

26Downthispath.png

Here's where the path starts.There are too many screens to show the path here, but go down both sets of stairs, down the second manhole, then down to the right. It's a straight shot from there for awhile, until you manage to find a ladder heading upwards. If you find the Gunshop staffed by a robot, you're on the right track.

From there, head up.
At this point, you're restore the actual scripting for this quest, and Liza will point you on the right track, now that you NO LONGER NEED HELP.

The cave below Koorong is a minimaze and has a decent amount of non unique swag. You want to head down the path to the left, and head for the bottom most door, head across, then head upwards. You're in the right place when you get jumped by bugs.

27HahaFloatshoes.png

The boss is a joke, because we totally neutered her best technique by wearing jetshoes.

28Hiderune.png

We get the hiderune.

29Gotthegift.png

And three of our members get the gift for rune magic, which they'll pretty much never make use of.

Next time, Actual plot.

I also ask you a question. We have ONE choice in this plotline. Should we GIVE CHASE, or GIVE UP HALFWAY?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Well, no one said anything, so I made an executive decision about our choice, and that choice was BOTH!

We'll see the variation when we get to it.

01Maaagic-1.png

To start with, note I've changed Emelia's abilities all to magic. Mostly for shits and giggles, but partly because we're getting her next outfit.

02ShesLearning.png

Heading into the magic meeting room, Roufas wants her to do another mission,

03ShesLearning.png

But it sounds suspiciously easy, so she turns it down, after what happened last time.
He tells Annie and Liza to handle it, where they reveal it's related to Joker, so she insists on going along.

04Dontbeahero.png

Roufas, to his credit, manages to pretend like this wasn't his plan the entire time.

05BunnySuit.png

In Baccarat, Emelia asks why she has to be in the skimpy outfit, though given Annie, she might still not be the least dressed of the three.

06Flattery.png

07Flattery.png

08Flattery.png

Annie and Liza butter her up into accepting the task, and then note that she's easy to keep happy.

A quick note on the Bunny Suit, this one improves Emelia's Magic, though it really doesn't make as much of a difference as you might hope.

09HeyBlackX.png

A small easter egg is these dudes, who we'll really get to know well in Red's quest.
Just head upstairs until you get to a cutscene with Joker I didn't manage to screenshot, then head upstairs til you can't any more, then check out the elevator.

10Whichwaydihego.png

Annie learns that Joker went upstairs to go to the basement, and so follows him, in the kindest move any Baccarat quest will give us.

11Charliesangels.png

Heading below the Casino entirely through the pictured manhole, Annie and Liza- our only allies for this mission, rejoin and reform Roufas's Angels.

12Glod.png

Making out way through the maze- basically, head one screen down, find the right passage into the small room, and head up from there, we find the gnomes, already in the middle of a deal with Joker.

13Glod.png

We interrupt.

14Inigo.png

15Montoya.png

We confront him about Rin's death

16CleverEscaoe.png

He throws gold at us and runs away.

17DumbassGnomes.png

Gnomes are dumbasses. This will be important later.

18Escaped.png

19Questions.png

We leave, still with questions, and our ending chosen

20MeetMsCloud.png

We get cheesecake of Annie for our troubles.

But what if we didn't do that?

What if we head down deeper into the zurich caves by going down until we hit a cutscene?

21Alternateworld.png

We get a boss fight I win before I remember to screencap it.

22Foundthething.png

We get an accessory for our troubles.

23Bought.png

24Stole.png

Annie and Liza give explanations for the dime a dozen accessories. Regardless, we lock ourselves into a different ending.

Also, our stats at the end of this sequence, for comparison with the last set of stats.

25.png

26.png

27.png

28.png

29.png

Next time, yet more plot, and hopefully a meatier update. This took me barely 30 minutes, and could technically be completed without a single fight if you're good at avoiding shit. Not that I recommend it, anyways.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Okay, time for the next update, so let's jump right in.

01Trinity.png

Roufas wants Emelia to do a stupid thing again.

02Plotdump.png

03Alone.png

He thinks she'll do it because it involves Joker. Emelia's not stupid, and knows her odds alone are crap. Combo Techs make such a huge difference.

04Don.png

05Corneo.png

06Anyone.png

Turns out, Roufas wants her to join a perv's harem. Naturally, she refuses.

06Roufasburn.png

Emelia complains to Liza, who tells him Roufas is an idiot with women.

07History.png

Also, they used to date. Emelia inquires further...

08Hesanasshole.png

you with my problems.
09Drink.png

Liza says think nothing of it, and asks if she wants a drink.

10RoofieColada.png

This is me grabbing a screenshot a split second too late to show you Emelia got Roofie Colada'd.

11Lustfulstares.png

We regain view on the Tanzer ship bridge, being ogled

12Foreshadowing.png

We also get a hint to new party members.

13Roufasisasshole.png

Back at base, the ersatz AVALANCHE threatens its boss over Emelia

14MajorAsshole.png

Roufas is REALLY stupid about this shit, apparently.

15Unhelpers.png

Apparently he won't, because sadly, they don't join us for the mission.

16Justlookscool.png

This just looks cool.

17Realization.png

After the Lucha tourney and the bunny girl, you still think he won't?

18Thoseassholes.png

Yeah, Liza's not exactly trying very hard to protect Emelia, either.

19horndog.png

This skimpy outfit is the Harem costume, which improves sword damage and growth rate. Of course, growth rate is better determined by the level of combat and how outmatched you are, but hey, it helps.

20Familiar.png

Ugly over there leads the base, and hey, who's that in the corner?

21Asellus.png

Yes, it's Asellus, in one of the bits of her own plot not present in her own story.
This game is weird at times.

After a distraction in which the lights practically flicker before coming back on

22Whichwaydidhego.png

Everyone vanishes.

23Hitheremooks.png

Outside we find Utena and Anthy Asellus and White Rose, just chillin. Talking to them gets us into a battle, which makes me cry because their stats suck.

24MysticSword.png

This was pure luck that I survived. Anyways, Asellus is also a bit like Terra/ Tina from FF6, in that she has the ability to transform in battle, in addition to absorbing monsters through Mystic techniques, as she's doing here. More on that in her section.

After about an Hour of retrying ONE boss fight, I make it to the commander's quarters, only to learn

25Justmissedem.png

They got away. As usual. From there, we head into the basement of the facility and escape.

2680sBattleAttire.png

As a reward, we see Emelia in 80s combat attire.

Important notes for this section. In one of the doors, On the floor above where you start, there's a man being harassed by birds. This is Zozma, pick him up.
He is much better statted for this area, and he has sole access to the unique 'Evil' magic, opposed to Mind Magic. His 1JP 'stun all' spell saved my Bacon a lot.

To get to the boss fight, you need to go to the lefthand lobby floor, and use the elevator. To continue, head right from the boss fight room. Just keep going and you'll escape soon enough.

Next time, I'm just gonna finish Emelia, since her last two segments are stupidly short.

Magretlan

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Magret
sometimes shit happens in our marriages and relationships but it won't always last when we fight to get them fixed, i had problem with my marriage sometime ago June 2020 it was a terrible experience that i almost lost my marriage, my husband thought i was cheating because i always receive calls from work i tried to make him understand they are just my co-workers he never believed me he filed for divorce and the papers was out, it was like a dream to me but it was all a reality i needed to stop him because i love him so much, it was a beautiful marriage and i couldn't even imagine leaving my beautiful marriage, i had to seek help from Dr Charles spell temple and i explained my situation to him and of course he did helped me, he prepare a love spell for me and assured me of it safety, my husband stop the divorce and love me again after the spell, he ask me to tell people about his good work how he has helped me so other can also get help. if you are going through marriage and relationship issues just reach him out on his email: [email protected] WhatsApp: +2348146708557

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Yay for you you get to continue being married to a controlling jealous asshole, albeit an entirely fictional one.

Top Bottom