Let's talk about Weapons!

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I said "I like swords!" and I do.

Whether it's the Nailbat, the Forcestealer, the Ultimate Weapon, or the Fusion Swords...

Heck, even making Masamune equippable!!!

That's what this thread is all about.

What do you think would be good to see in this Remake?

Actual changes to models when equipment is changed? Should we be able to see all the materia slots/materia equipped on the weapons/bangles/whatever?

Would you like more FF references to older games? Excalibur? Lionheart? Omega Weapon? Chaos' Revenge?

You want stuff with special gimmicks like the Materia thing with Barret's one gun?

You want anything like duel wielding multiple weapons?

What would you guys like to see?

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I do hope they can make equipped weapons reflected in cutscenes, or at least out of combat. Barret's crazy weapons would look great in HD, not to mention the nailbat.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'd totally dig the Fusion Swords in a game, but, wouldn't fit the timeline, :monster:.

It'd be interesting to see them actually incorporate materia into the weapons visually.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People

Nah. Parasol is where's it at:

Umbrella.jpg

But yeah I'd agree with Cthulhu it would be good to see the Materia in the Weapons during fights. I always assumed those two holes in the Buster Sword were for Materia.

Kashkabald

eu fiz cocó no teu tabuleiro
I thought this was to talk about the WEAPONS...

(in which case I hope you can fight against Sapphire as an hidden, non-canon fight)

hleV

Pro Adventurer
Yes. With cheats :D

I meant that canonically he used Buster Sword, and switching items is purely an RPG thing and has no in-universe logic to it.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Changing weapons or equipment in cutscenes can lead to hilarious results. Ever seen KH2 scenes with the candy cane keyblade?

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
In Amano's concept art (and Nomura's interpretation for the Dissidia alt costume) show Cloud wearing an armlet that has a kind of orb on it. I imagine that is a single materia slot.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I really wanna see the in-game models' accessories and weapons change based on their equipment and Materia. I'm also up for Advent Children weaponry/costumes as a post-game/New Game+ unlockable.

I'm just hoping that Cloud's Apocalypse is in the game, as it's my favourite one of his swords visually speaking, and I'd love to see it reimagined.

X :neo:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yes. With cheats :D

I meant that canonically he used Buster Sword, and switching items is purely an RPG thing and has no in-universe logic to it.

This is how I have always felt as well. Even in FFX, that cutscene with them around the campfire in Zanarkand? The weapons we see are their starting weapons, not whatever you had equipped.

We're supposed to assume the staff Yuna uses in the sending is the one she has all game long, even though you can switch them out.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I for one want the weapons all in there. Mostly because that's where I think Cloud got the idea for the Fusion Sword; he wanted all the swords he used in the OG on him all the time, so he made his own version of all of them.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
^Dat Cloud, a man after my own heart.

And yes, while we're at it let's TALK about the WEAPONs.

Onyx, Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire, Diamond, Ultima, Omega... I'd love to see "weapons as rewards" for beating all of these, like Materia-swords of some kind.

In fact, there's still the mystery of how the Ultima Weapon was carrying "Cloud's version" of itself in FFVIII.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I recall someone had an in-depth theory about how the FF multiverse works beyond the whole void thing that explains Gilgamesh's cameos. I don't remember if Ultimate weapon was mentioned. If all the Weapons drop weapon rewards, they should be for different party members.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
This is how I have always felt as well. Even in FFX, that cutscene with them around the campfire in Zanarkand? The weapons we see are their starting weapons, not whatever you had equipped.

We're supposed to assume the staff Yuna uses in the sending is the one she has all game long, even though you can switch them out.

Actually,
FFX_Weapon_-_Sword_1.png
is Tidus' starting weapon, not Brotherhood :monster:

But X DID use whatever weapon the characters had equipped in non-rendered cutscenes.

And yes, while we're at it let's TALK about the WEAPONs.

That's actually what I thought the thread title meant.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

I think it's more due to the fact that the game can't know in advance what weapons you're gonna have equipped at that point. And when the scene shows up again later, they keep it like that for consistency's sake I guess?
But as Force said, everywhere else it does show them wielding their currently equipped weapons.

JayM

Angry Lesbian
Mostly I just wanted to duck in here and say it is totally possible to beat the game with the Buster Sword equipped. Bro & I have done it - and deliberately leveled Cloud for the bonus to Seph's stats + killed Jenova with KotR, so he was as difficult as we could make him. :monster: We haven't actually beaten the WEAPONs in that game though. Will have to attempt.

Re: weapons I want you to see the stuff they have equipped, not whatever the default is. Screw defaults, I want my pretty shit. And the Mop.

Re: WEAPONS yes plz all the bonus bosses and I really fucking love the idea of winning weapons for the other characters in your party. Although I don't want them to be the "final" weapons the way Cloud's is - I like the variation in the way you acquire the final weapons/Limit Breaks for everyone. Maybe some kind of armor/accessory? Which...would fit with the bonuses you get for beating Ruby & Emmy already. Idk.

Top Bottom