Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
I can't be the only one who's kinda creeped out by that.

It is creepy. :sadpanda:

Why are they making it sound like Aerith is some creepy stalker ghost or something? WHY.

Safe & Sound also ends with a scene of Aerith's Church, which the creators have said is Cloud's Promised Land.

The whole movie ends in Aerith's church, with
Zack's sword in Aerith's flowers. Symbolism!!!!11
...which means that in Cloud's promised land Zack and Aerith are... :awesome:

Also, which creators said that the church is Cloud's promised land? :huh:

Random: Besides, Safe and Sound sounds completely like a tribute to Crisis Core, which is so
but actually bluishly Clack

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
So ur with ur honey and yur making out wen the phone rigns.
U anser it n the vioce is "wut r u doing wit my daughter?"
U tell ur girl n she say "my dad is ded".
THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

aerith was phone

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Mmkay, even IF Cloud stopped in a flower field and it actually related to Aerith, it doesn't really prove anything. It's the same respect Cloud pays to Zack's grave.

And you forget that in the new version, they take Aerith's image out of the ending.

Son Goku

It's my stomach, I'm hungry.
AKA
mugennagama
Ryushikaze said:
No, not emotional. More a cold furious rage.
Like you want to turn them into ice and crumble them?
Thats even more OK! :lol:

Ryushikaze said:
Taking a SHIT clearly indicates Clerith to you, so shut your shit hole and your ass too.

You ain't seen me upset or rabid, yet.
Whenever you decide to go crumble them, take me in.
I want redemption for the headaches this side clerith site caused me back then.
:lol:

Aerith is GODLIKE, she can do whatever she likes!
But seriously now, this gets really weird. :shifty:

She helped gaia and everyone out, freed Cloud from geostigma and his guilt, send him back to his family, asked a last time if everything is alright now and went back to the lifestream toghether with Zack.
Still her "fans" don`t get it.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
So ur with ur honey and yur making out wen the phone rigns.
U anser it n the vioce is "wut r u doing wit my daughter?"
U tell ur girl n she say "my dad is ded".
THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

aerith was phone
god damn you I roffled in a library. :(

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
FYI it's not that Aerith is listening and stalking and being creepy, the point is, we don't hear Tifa from the other side so it's like we're hearing the call through someone else's ears... so it must be Aerith... or something.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Like you want to turn them into ice and crumble them?
Thats even more OK! :lol:

Something like that. Are you familiar with the term 'cold blooded Gar?'

Whenever you decide to go crumble them, take me in.
I want redemption for the headaches this side clerith site caused me back then.:lol:

If we're talking headaches caused by a side, I have stories. Dear monkey do I have stories.

]Aerith is GODLIKE, she can do whatever she likes!
But seriously now, this gets really weird. :shifty:
She helped gaia and everyone out, freed Cloud from geostigma and his guilt, send him back to his family, asked a last time if everything is alright now and went back to the lifestream toghether with Zack.
Still her "fans" don`t get it.

Well, they have said like two or three times that the lifestream is where she is/belongs, as well as Zack, and yet they still insist she's shacking up inside Cloud because they want to take one quote, obviously figurative, as literal, and dismiss other quotes they don't like as figurative.
It's like religious fundamentalists, really.

As for 'where was the church called the promised land', it was the U10, in the playback section, but it was referred to as 'the sector five church' and the reason it was the promised land were because his friends and family were there, he'd finally gotten over his guilt, and his two dear departed friends were now at peace and returning to where they belonged.
The church is a promised land, but Aerith is only one of numerous reasons why it is such. Far more pressing are his relief at being alive, his happiness at being cured, his guilt and his disease being lifted, and his friends and his family being there to support him. Cloud's in his promised land, but it's that because CLOUD, not because the church is where Aerith hung out in life. Aerith is part of it, but only tangentially.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
FYI it's not that Aerith is listening and stalking and being creepy, the point is, we don't hear Tifa from the other side so it's like we're hearing the call through someone else's ears... so it must be Aerith... or something.

Which means Aerith is listening in on a private phone call.

Listen, it's very simple. The previous calls, WE were Cloud, we had his POV, his eyes were the camera, his ears the microphone. This call, we do not. We're back to our 3rd person observer box. No need to involve Aerith at all. Just a simple shifting POV from 1st to 3rd person objective.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

Streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetch

But do explain how Aerith listening in on a conversation that doesn't involve her prove Clerith. I think that's what inquiring minds REALLY want to know.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
But do explain how Aerith listening in on a conversation that doesn't involve her prove Clerith. I think that's what inquiring minds REALLY want to know.
Because if Aerith was there, then obviously Cloud stopped to see her. Their line of events is that he stopped on his bike to see her, got a phone call, took the phone call and ... Aerith was ... there so they... did stuff... idk

This 7 second video sums it up nicely:

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
...you mean the call that takes place WHILE HE IS HEADING HOME TO 7TH HEAVEN? The one that SE tells us had to be a one sides convo because Ito wasn't available to voice for Tifa?

Also WTF is this "it sounds like someone is overhearing" bullshit? It's a common device used in film like a bajillion times. No one is overhearing anymore than someone is overhearing while he is talking to all other people, like Cid. Whether it's one-sided or not is irrelevant. Being so doesn't mean it's a device used for overhearing. A person talking on the phone while on screen (with no one else available in frame) is overheard by only one person -- the audience, fucktards!

The last phone call is no different from the others, only Ito being popular and busy, had better things to do than record random lines for Nomura at the time.

Why do they insist Aeris is there? What exactly is there to show for it?
He doesn't stop, he continues driving at high speed right past the flowerfield. Even the fucking script says so.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
The one that SE tells us had to be a one sides convo because Ito wasn't available to voice for Tifa?
Can you post the proof on this? I have never seen that

Even the fucking script says so.
Yeah they don't like the script because it didn't always line up with the movie.

Vendel

Banned
Well, they have said like two or three times that the lifestream is where she is/belongs, as well as Zack, and yet they still insist she's shacking up inside Cloud because they want to take one quote, obviously figurative, as literal, and dismiss other quotes they don't like as figurative.

Or the compromise solution. "Well Cloud is full of mako energy." Thus she is in the lifestream. That just happens to reside in Cloud's body......

And Q the thing about Tifa's voice actor is in the RF or some extra. I CBA to look it up though.

Edley

Pray for Sound
AKA
Issac Dian, Dudley, Chev Chelios
So wait, Cloud's having spirit phone sex three ways? Or maybe Aerith just ghost breathes all heavy into Cloud's water logged cell at the bottom of the lake while Cloud asks Tifa what she's wearing.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
...you mean the call that takes place WHILE HE IS HEADING HOME TO 7TH HEAVEN? The one that SE tells us had to be a one sides convo because Ito wasn't available to voice for Tifa?

Also WTF is this "it sounds like someone is overhearing" bullshit? It's a common device used in film like a bajillion times. No one is overhearing anymore than someone is overhearing while he is talking to all other people, like Cid. Whether it's one-sided or not is irrelevant. Being so doesn't mean it's a device used for overhearing. A person talking on the phone while on screen (with no one else available in frame) is overheard by only one person -- the audience, fucktards!

The last phone call is no different from the others, only Ito being popular and busy, had better things to do than record random lines for Nomura at the time.

Why do they insist Aeris is there? What exactly is there to show for it?
He doesn't stop, he continues driving at high speed right past the flowerfield. Even the fucking script says so.

It strikes me, there's another live phone call we only get to hear one side of in AC/C. Tifa talking to Reno.
Aerith must have been listening to that one to. ZOMFG AETI.

As for 'Cloud is full of Mako', so's Tifa. And Barret. And Vincent. And everyone. Even Cait Sith. And Aerith lives on in the hearts of ALL her friends. ZOMFG ORGY.

Seriously, though, it specifies 'the flow of souls around the planet,' AKA THE lifestream, not just the 'miniature lifestream' as Vincent describes it.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
It strikes me, there's another live phone call we only get to hear one side of in AC/C. Tifa talking to Reno.
Aerith must have been listening to that one to. ZOMFG AETI.
That didn't take place in a flowerfield :monster:
Coulda been Marlene or Denzel listening it or something.. maybe

Rawr. Aerith is everywhere didn't you get the memo?
That's who's been stealing my beef jerky :rage:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
That didn't take place in a flowerfield :monster:
Coulda been Marlene or Denzel listening it or something.. maybe

The POV went through the wall. It HAD to be Aerith! I mean, who else could it be? An all seeing objective window into the universe? That would be SILLY.

That's who's been stealing my beef jerky :rage:

Yep. Now go beat her up. I'll lend you a proton pack.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Not in the RF that I can find.
I used to have a PDF of the whole book, and I don't recall ever reading anything like that.

But either way, I think it's kind of obvious he's talking to Tifa. Unless he's secretly asking Barret to close up shop so they could have a steamy night of mansex, cause I don't think he'd be asking Aerith, Yuffie, or idk, one of the turks to close up their nonexistant shops; :monster:

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
I'm not sure why there's any doubt that he was talking to Tifa in that scene. Especially since he says her name.

Edley

Pray for Sound
AKA
Issac Dian, Dudley, Chev Chelios

Skip to 6:30 for the scene.

I enjoy "that was easy" line. It's about as close to flirting as Cloud gets.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I CAN ANSWER THIS AND AT LENGTH TOO.

[Answer]

That was some of the best reasoning I've ever read for liking any character. :monster: Well done.

It is also obvious that he was talking to Tifa on the phone, and I think it seems to be a common consensus that they just couldn't get Tifa's VA for those lines. She wasn't available or some such?

But yeah he totally goes and asks Tifa to close the bar and she obviously says yes. But hey, that's Clerith proof right there everyone.

Because Cloud likes building up Tifa's hopes just so that he can crush them. He and Aerith had a nice chuckle about it after he got off the phone.

Also, concerning Ito not being available to record lines for Tifa, I've never read that either. Seen the claim, of course, but never actually seen where it was supposed to have come from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom