Mako Eyes

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
No, you deserve nothing but dismissal. Every "solution" you've suggested makes absolutely no sense. You've resorted to idiotic phrasings like, "Well, there MAY have been another SOLDIER even though every indication is that there wasn't."

WHAT indications that there wasn't? How much do we see of the activities of ShinRa in the Manor in the years after SOLDIER is formed? Nada. What do we know happened there for nearly five years? THE COPY PROJECT. What didn't we see? Those five years. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, a SOLDIER 1ST or two got assigned to guard duty for Hojo's precious specimens at some point. Or maybe Hojo's a kinky fuck and likes pretending he's in SOLDIER. Or maybe any number of other explanations.

No, not an exact quote. But by saying, "one SOLDIER that we know of," you effectively said that.

No. No I fucking didn't. That's a strawman argument. You are one logical fallacy away from three strikes, susan.

As you pointed out, he looks very conspicuous with this, coupled with his spikey blond hair. The fact that he was never given any attention as friend or foe by anyone, much less Shinra, is an oddity that has yet to be explained. It's not a game-destroying-plot-hole by any means, but your half-assed "possible solutions" are, in fact, not possible.

... In Junon, the only time Cloud is canonically near ShinRa Military employees and not engaging them in combat or trying to avoid them during the game, he is not wearing a SOLDIER uniform. In fact, his hair and face are also obscured.

To put it in perspective, I could be saying, "It's possible that there could have been a gold-colored Tsviet who was orchestrating the events of Dirge behind the shadows."

This is a completely idiotic, unsupported statement that deserves no attention. Making up completely new characters, such as your anonymous 2nd SOLDIER of the Copy Experiment, doesn't point out inconsistencies with my logic at all. It does, however, make me wonder how you think any of these are decent arguments.

I see you are unfamiliar with the simple concepts of parsimony and occam's razor.
Yes, it's POSSIBLE that there's a further shadow behind the shadow in DOC, but there is no need to invoke this explanation, and it simply complicates the explanations, thus it is disfavored. In my attempts at explanations, we are faced with a possibly conundrum, so even though I have nothing concrete to support my hypothesis, there is a reason to make the assumption. Further, my explanations are some of the simplest explanations which adequately address the question at hand, and as such, they parsimoniously explain the occurence without need for grandiose but meaningless or exceedinly complex explanations.

If you want to keep trying, I can go all day. I haven't gotten to beat someone about the head with logical principles and fallacies in ages.

Be my chewtoy. I dare you.

Andalegogo

Rueful Figure
As was mentioned earlier before the topic devolved to something resembling shit, a SOLDIER's eyes appear to glow most when they're performing a Limit Break. Judging by what we've been shown from various SOLDIER, it doesn't seem as though their booming abilities are readily accessible unless they're in the middle of combat.

This'd be something of an explanation for some of Zack's more embarrassing situations such as his fail of a pursuit against Hollander, right down to Cloud being completely powerless to just flick Mukki away with his pinky or some other body part in FF7. The idea seems to flow well enough when we see Sephiroth using "significant energy" against Zack. At the end as Seph is turning away from where he last clashed from Zack, there is an eerie glow in his eyes that is likely there to signify that he was well on his way to full-swing status.

When not in any sort of high-stress situation it looks as though the only "mark" that can be detected by others is the ring of Mako around the SOLDIER's pupil, similar to the golden rings that tend to develop around the pupils of people whose bodies are in flux with high levels of copper.

So the actual GLOW may only happen when the SOLDIER is actively using the extra power in their bodies, instead of their base strength.

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
Lithp, Unholy Quadralateral
As was mentioned earlier before the topic devolved to something resembling shit,

If you wipe that away, there's a tangent about the significance of Cloud's uniform being equally unaddressed.

a SOLDIER's eyes appear to glow most when they're performing a Limit Break. Judging by what we've been shown from various SOLDIER, it doesn't seem as though their booming abilities are readily accessible unless they're in the middle of combat.

Makes sense.

This'd be something of an explanation for some of Zack's more embarrassing situations such as his fail of a pursuit against Hollander, right down to Cloud being completely powerless to just flick Mukki away with his pinky or some other body part in FF7.

I don't know about that. Zack was repeatedly getting held up while chasing Hollander. And who or what is Mukki?

The idea seems to flow well enough when we see Sephiroth using "significant energy" against Zack. At the end as Seph is turning away from where he last clashed from Zack, there is an eerie glow in his eyes that is likely there to signify that he was well on his way to full-swing status.

Really? I hadn't noticed anything like that. Do you have a screenshot?

When not in any sort of high-stress situation it looks as though the only "mark" that can be detected by others is the ring of Mako around the SOLDIER's pupil, similar to the golden rings that tend to develop around the pupils of people whose bodies are in flux with high levels of copper.

That's kind of a let down, though, because eyes like that aren't really uncommon. Blue with a bit of a green hue. Woo. Again, though, it makes sense.

So the actual GLOW may only happen when the SOLDIER is actively using the extra power in their bodies, instead of their base strength.

Possible. But to me, SOLDIER eyes always seemed to glow at least a bit, the only variation being when the designers want them to look more organic.

Andalegogo

Rueful Figure
Neo Bahamut said:
And who or what is Mukki?

Mukki is Overlord of the world-conquering posse of body-builders who infest all with love and sunshine!

How did you not know this?

Really? I hadn't noticed anything like that. Do you have a screenshot?
Nope. No screenshot. Catch a Youtube vid or something. His eyes had a vacant stare, and the glow seemed to trail off his eyes as he turned away. They were glowing, so I figured it was the Mako eyes. He also acquires the eerie glow while doing Octaslash, iirc.

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
Hmm, well from what i've read all SOLDIER's eyes are meant to glow (and Cloud :3) along with the Cetras because of the lifestream running in them. I couldn't tell a big difference with Aerith, except in the lower quality cutscenes in CC, and with Cloud it is only noticable if you compare him to a a picture of another blue eyed character that isn't Zack. :/ Idk...

Top Bottom