Mandy Moore as Aerith

Wiegraf

White Knight
AKA
Thamauturge (IMDb and Gamefaqs), Haeralis, Haeralis the Brave, Wiegraf, and JudgeMagisterDelita
I really miss all of the FF voice actors in KHI.

Squall was AMAZING, Aerith was AMAZING, Cloud was AMAZING (Same VA, but his acting was so much better here), Sephiroth was decent (I prefer Newburn), and almost all of them were fantastic.

I don't understand why they got rid of the talented people after KHI. In KHII they got a bunch of bad VA's to replace the originals. Thank goodness they didn't replace Auron.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Sephiroth never had any lines in KHI, though. All he did was grunt and shout incoherent things during battle. :P

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I really miss all of the FF voice actors in KHI.

Squall was AMAZING, Aerith was AMAZING, Cloud was AMAZING (Same VA, but his acting was so much better here), Sephiroth was decent (I prefer Newburn), and almost all of them were fantastic.

I don't understand why they got rid of the talented people after KHI. In KHII they got a bunch of bad VA's to replace the originals. Thank goodness they didn't replace Auron.
Mena has just consistently been a bad casting choice. Erholtz is bluh. Other than that, I thought that on the most part, the choices were fine.

BUT DEAR GOD DID ANYONE TELL MENA THAT AERITH WAS NOT DEAD IN KH2 CHRIST

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Sephiroth never had any lines in KHI, though. All he did was grunt and shout incoherent things during battle. :P

DeHRMhrmhrmhrmgel.

Mena has just consistently been a bad casting choice. Erholtz is bluh. Other than that, I thought that on the most part, the choices were fine.

BUT DEAR GOD DID ANYONE TELL MENA THAT AERITH WAS NOT DEAD IN KH2 CHRIST

They'd need to tell her that she wasn't dead herself first, and they're not completely sure she's not.

Last edited:

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
I don't believe that people complained about Mandy Moore doing the voice of Aerith. She was a wonderful VA and she did a fantastic voice for Aerith. Why did Square listen to those stupid haters. Never listen to haters, because all they do is hate. >_>

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I like the idea that Square/Disney was annoyed at the fan reception and said, "All right. We'll make you wish for Mandy Moore, cocksuckers." :monster:

That makes so much sense it's not even funny :monster:

I think Cloud's the only FFVII member in KH that's had a consistent voice all the way through... wait is he the only FF member now that I think about it?

Pixel

The Pixie King
When I see interviews with Mandy Moore, I always get the feeling she wasnt doing stuff back then that she really wanted to do, especially musically. And she took a few years off because of it and started forming her own identity, and was a bit more picky about acting roles she took. Though I do think she has a soft spot for disney.

Wiegraf

White Knight
AKA
Thamauturge (IMDb and Gamefaqs), Haeralis, Haeralis the Brave, Wiegraf, and JudgeMagisterDelita
KH as a series has some of the most disappointing va replacement I have ever seen.

Who in their right mind thought that getting rid of Billy Zane was a good idea?

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Not sure if this could be a reason but...

I was listening to the Final Fantasy Union podcast with the English director of all the English voice actors for all the Final Fantasy work so far. Square Enix was very particular about using voice actors and actresses right after they had already given a performance. For example, the voice actress who did Ashe's voice in FFXII was considered (I think for Lightning), but SE said not to go with her in FFXIII. They don't want to stick with the same actors and actresses game after game.

A guess.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Well I think it's a bit different using the same actor for different characters in rapid succession than having a character keep their voices consistently. I think it came down to Mandy Moore was just too big (at the time), and you can't really count on them to consistently be around. Getting smaller actors or, better still, career voice actors is a much better way to get a consistent voice. (I actually never heard a whole lot of bitching about Moore as I didn't go on the internet nearly as much back then. I only ever heard complaints about Lance Bass irl.)

But I am intrigued by this podcast your mentioned, do you have a link?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I think fan reception had a lot to do with it. There was bitching just because it was Mandy Moore, same as there was bitching about Sephiroth in that game just because it was Lance Bass.

I thought Mandy was the best Aerith, though. Better than Andrea Bowen and Maaya Sakamoto both -- and she was definitely better than fucking Mena Suvari. I still hurt whenever I think about that.

Difference is Moore was good, Bass was fucking terrible.

Alexia Ashford

SOMEONE IN THE CORRIDOR?
AKA
Konneh
Mandy Moore was the only actually GOOD VA I've heard for Aerith.
The other ones make me feel like my brain is slowly dying while my eyes become unfocused and start going in opposite directions.
"You came! Even though you're about to break. OvO"
Seriously, Aerith. Give the man his private time.

Top Bottom