Kuja is fucking bad ass, I love him. <3

Last edited:

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Welcome to the club, you two!

Enjoy! :monster:

Oh, and btw, Kuja's "title" in Dissidia went from Range Master (japanese version) to Graceful Glider (western version).

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Range Master sounds so much...cooler. D:

Last edited:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Welcome to the club, Zee and KissTheRain! ^_^ Hope you both enjoy your times with us.

Thanks for the fanarts, D&D. ^_^ Lol, pity some of the ones in his Trance form make it look like he doesn't wear clothes and it's all fur... :monster:

While I agree that Range Master sounds cooler, Kuja is all about the performance (he's sooo much better at it than Genesis), so he might actually prefer being called a Graceful Glider. :)

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Here's Kuja's discription in Dissidia's character selection screen:

[Graceful Glider] Can freely change his distance from foes to set up devastating attacks.

And i’ve been reading some impressions of people who already played the US version of Dissidia and it seems Kuja had few differences over the Japanese version. Here’s what I could gather:

- Energy burst is blockable now
- Flare Star's tracking was reduced
- You can move while casting Ultima

Not much, but that's ok, since Kuja was already considered on of the best characters to play with. Some even say he's broken. :monster:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Well, I've now got Dissidia - ugh, ugh, ugh! I don't like Kuja's VA... or Zidane's. WTF guys? What's worse is how little Kuja actually sounds like his character in IX. Instead, he comes off as Genesis and Kadaj's lovechild...

The only time he shows his true colours from IX (IMHO) is during Bartz's storyline and when Zidane faces him in Shade Impulse. And why have him hang out with the "destroyers", not the "schemers"? Anyway, "On with you."

Fanart:
sample_461de909b5479dd69209537f7116.jpg

7e01c16366aa3d3cbaf31794ddf92908475.jpg

6ed6822faaa2c5ad48cb98387658dad2cba.jpg

7f89dd7067be7c5ec13f5f0d4d4dc0644a6.jpg

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Nice fanart! :monster:

But yes. Kuja's english VA is bad and completely out of character.

When I use Kuja, i only use his EX-Burst under extreme circunstances, since i can't stand how stupid and goofy "Here comes the finale" sounds.:@

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
When I use Kuja, i only use his EX-Burst under extreme circunstances, since i can't stand how stupid and goofy "Here comes the finale" sounds.:@
Unfortunately, I have to resort to the EX-Burst to defeat anyone in the Quick Battles, simply because of how often they dodge Kuja's attacks.

It's somewhat interesting to me that the button press system for both Zidane and Kuja's EX-Burst has Terra and Gaia merging. However, with Zidane, Gaia ends up ascendant, while with Kuja it's Terra. :) (OK, not that big a surprise, but interesting to see all the same.)

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
It's somewhat interesting to me that the button press system for both Zidane and Kuja's EX-Burst has Terra and Gaia merging. However, with Zidane, Gaia ends up ascendant, while with Kuja it's Terra. :) (OK, not that big a surprise, but interesting to see all the same.)

Interesting to note, Kuja, in Hinduism, is as the equivalent of Mars, the Red Planet. Fitting, since Terra's "light" is red.

By the way, here's Kuja's character profile in Dissidia's Museum:

A sadistic, narcissistic silver-haired man of a delicate, epicene beauty.

In the original game, he threw the continent into disarray by providing black mages, mass-produced soldiers created from Mist, to Alexandria's Queen Brahne.

Born for the stage, he has a tendency to get carried away with his own flowery speech. On the other hand, those who get on his bad side are treated with bitter venom.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Interesting to note, Kuja, in Hinduism, is as the equivalent of Mars, the Red Planet. Fitting, since Terra's "light" is red.
...0_o Y'know, I didn't even know "Kuja" had a meaning... I should have known better from SE, huh?

Yeah, some of Dissidia's profiles... DX I mean, Kuja's isn't too bad, but some of them... wtf?

Anyway: I have something to back up my arguement that Kuja blongs with the Schemers, not the Destroyers! If you face the Onion Knight as Kuja, O.K. says:

You rely far too much on your "schemes"

Or something veery similar. OK, he's saying it mockingly, but Kuja schemes! DX I swear, they only put him with the Destroyers because he's the only villain that ever succeeded in destroying a world... :P It would have been better if he'd been like Sephiroth, and not joined either group. Mind you, he probably wouldn't have joined the Schemers after Ultimecia was so mean to him. ;_; B*tch.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
I hadn't seen that render, actually. Thanks for posting it here. ^_^

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Thread Revival XD

Well, after a long and hard work, I finally(!) unleashed my Kuja’s full potential in Dissidia. Here’s how it turned out:

Stats

Level: 100
Behaviour: Vicious (sometimes Tactician)
HP: 9999
CP: 450
BRV: 1078
ATK: 178
LUK: 60
DEF: 186

Equipment

Weapon: Terra Legacy
Arms: Lufenian Bangle
Head: Lufenian Cap
Body: Lufenian Robes

Bravery Attacks (Land)
O– Strike Energy (Ground)
O + towards opponent – Snatch Blow (Ground)
O + away from opponent – Remote Flare (Ground)

Bravery Attacks (Air)
O– Snatch Shot (Midair)
O + Up - Snatch Blow (Midair)
O + Down – Ring Holy (Midair)

HP Attacks (Land)
£– Flare Star (Ground)
£+ towards opponent – Seraphic Star (Ground)
£ + away from opponent – Ultima (Ground)

HP Attacks (Air)
£– Flare Star (Midair)
£+ Up – Seraphic Star (Midair)
£ + Down – Ultima (Midair)

Basic Abilities (Action)

Ground Evasion
Midair Evasion
Ground Block
Midair Block
Aerial Recovery
Glide
Omni Air Dash

Basic Abilities (Support)

Always Target Indicator
EX Core Lock On
Auto Ex Defense Ω

Basic Abilities (Extra)

Concentration
Magic Shield
Physical Shield
Counterattack
First Strike
Riposte
Disable Riposte
EXP to HP

Accessories

Hyper Ring
Gaia Ring
HP=100%
On the Ground
In Midair
Level 100
Green Drop
Red Gem
Orange Gem
Close to You

Summons (most frequently used)

Phoenix
Carbuncle
Magic Pot
Shiva
Ifrit

Battlewise, I think Kuja is very fun to play with.

My basic strategy with Kuja is to overwhelm the opponent by relentlessly attack with his magic spells. Usually, I prefer to use him as an aerial fighter. Range is not an issue, since Kuja can hit pretty much at any range, which is one of Kuja’s greatest strengths. And due to the speed of his attacks, it is possible to attack several times in a row without the opponent having a chance to block or dodge.

This is particularly noticeable when using Snatch Blow. Usually, the last hit of Snatch Blow throws the opponent into a Wall Rush. Due to this attack’s short lag, it is possible to use a second Snatch Blow even before the opponent recovers from the Wall Rush, which allows for continuous attacking. When combined with abilities like First Strike or Counterattack, two to three Snatch Blows are all that it takes to break an opponent’s Brave. And this is the core of my Brave Break strategy. Another good thing about Snatch Blow is that it goes through and cancels most of the projectile and magical attacks, being quite useful sometimes.

Another strategy I’m fond of is to use a close-ranged Snatch Shot to launch the opponent in a Chase sequence, prolonging it as much as possible to break an opponent’s brave.

As for HP attacks, there’s where my main gripe with Kuja is: Seraphic Star. This HP attack is virtually useless. There’s a 95% chance that your opponent will dodge it, leaving Kuja defenseless, since its animation is too long.

Ultima and Flare Star might be easy to dodge too, but they are far more useful and they have a few tricks on their sleeves. For instance, Ultima has to be dodged only one second after the animation starts; otherwise it will chase the dodging character and hit it anyway. It’s also a great long-ranged attack and it’s particularly useful to punish an opponent when it misses an attack.

Flare Star is also a great attack, especially because it can break an opponent’s guard and, sometimes, it can even prevent a character of dodging out of it. It is a must in closed quarters.

As for Kuja’s EX-mode, the way I use it depends on the situation at hand. I usually only activate it when Ultima, for example, is already hitting the adversary, so that I can follow the attack with an Ex-Burst.

I only activate Kuja’s EX-Mode earlier than that when, in Quick Battle, the AP bonus requires you to do a considerable amount of HP damage. In this case, Kuja’s enhanced attack power while in EX-mode is more than welcome. And the energy orbs that surround Kuja and attack the adversary are fairly useful too.

So, how about you guys? How did you equip “your” Kuja? And what strategies do you use? Let us compare our views and fighting stiles on our favourite Angel of Death.

Last edited:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Well, I'm not that good with Dissidia (or fighting games in general :monster: ), so I really have no distinct strategy. And my Kuja isn't level 100 yet, so his skill set is still changing. :(

But, I do have fanarts! :D All of these "co-star" Mikoto, and Zidane shows up in half of them, too.

sample_ca13e383f948f57bee93af05d1eb.jpg

613a1a843bcbee1b48adea87eb9711e5.jpg

All of the pics below are from zerochan(dot)net, so I apologise for the watermark in the bottom left corners. -_-

115142.jpg

And now the "extraordinary genome deserving of Kuja's love" joins us...

139518.jpg

134413.jpg

183323.jpg

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
*BUMP*

Fanarts! :monster:

sample_a6d079077006c4c2108b8167c61ee40f.jpg

Yes, that's what the bit at the top says. Really.

Well, apparently. All of these translations were attached to the image where I originally found it.

de799e5c963c78fd9245f560e71041f9.jpg

KUJA: (If it's just information we want, we could use my torture chamber instead of putting up with this... But no matter. I'll make him suffer until he coughs up the last detail. Might as well enjoy it.

Still, comparing Zidane, the epitome of vulgarity, and Mikoto, who has no sex appeal whatsoever, with the likes of me? That's pushing the borders of absurdity. If by some chance that pig doesn't choose me, I'll wrench it off. There is nothing to lament. Whatever he may lose, a pig is but a pig.)

ZIDANE: (I've worn so many disguises already, I thought dressing up as a girl would be a cinch, but this is pretty tough...

I'm glad Dagger isn't here to see me like this. The day someone says to me, "You're so cute, Miss Zidane!" is the day my pride as a man is lost forever. But this is Dagger we're talking about. I'd probably get away with, "Isn't it just girls' clothing?")

MIKOTO: (Why do we have to do all of this just to collect some data...?)

...While I do agree with Kuja's "objective" review of himself and his siblings... Mikoto just makes me squee in this image! ^_^

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Kuja is easily my favourite character in the FF series, always has been. Problem is I STILL fail at using him in Dissidia. Gonna keep trying.

Flowing Ice

Pro Adventurer
I forgot I made this FC here..jeez, sorry I've been sooo inactive!!

As far as Dissidia goes, to tell you the truth, I've never really tried out the villains much..By now, I'm prolly rusty with all of the chars though.

edit - Dude..those..those were beautiful..

Last edited:

Flowing Ice

Pro Adventurer
Thanks!! It's good to be back, I just hope I'll be more active this time.

BTW, hasn't Kuja been appearing with the Light warriors in 012 trailers?

Flowing Ice

Pro Adventurer
Ah, I don't think I had seen that one translated yet. That would make sense actually, considering he did similar in IX.

Top Bottom