• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Metal Gear Solid 5 (+ General Series Thread)

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Looks like it's happening.

Though this may not be a surprise worthy of even a single exclamation point, it's welcome news to fans of cardboard camouflage, fateful fistfights, and delicious, convenient Calorie Mates.

There's going to be a Metal Gear Solid 5. And, despite his constant efforts to extricate himself from the series, Hideo Kojima is going to be in charge of it -- though it's currently unclear whether that will be in a higher-level production capacity or as director.

The news comes out of the latest Official PlayStation Magazine UK, which finds a place for Hideo right on the cover. In the issue, Kojima discusses Metal Gear Solid Rising, his plans for this newly announced (but highly expected) sequel, and a new project called "Project Ogre." Whatever it is, we're sure it's not a new Snatcher game.

X :neo:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Kojima, cut the project off right now. The mission is a failure! Cut the power right now!

Honestly, you have been making these games for a long time. Don't you have anything else to do with your time?

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Whose gonna be the lead? Not Solid Snake. Can't be Big Boss. Raiden is a little unlikely given he has a game all about him, produced by another team still coming out.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Whose gonna be the lead? Not Solid Snake. Can't be Big Boss. Raiden is a little unlikely given he has a game all about him, produced by another team still coming out.

Les Enfants Terrible 2.0, clones of the clone of the world's greatest soldier :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Oh god.

The main character is going to be Otacon isn't it?

Ghost X

I'm all for another game, just as long as I don't have to spend an entire act chasing after some target. Would be interesting to see how they continue the story. If a prequel, maybe we'll play as The Boss, and go further back into history. Introducing further new characters, leading to a further bunch of games. I think the horse is far from dead myself.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Kojima, Its time to put down the series and live!

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Gonna have to be Gray Fox, Liquid or Solidus IMO. I would not be happy if The Boss ran into a Metal Gear predecessor in WW2. Sokolov and Grannin should be the definitive origins.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
It's going to be Meryl :monster:

I'd love to have an MGS about her Rat Patrol days, but sadly it seems Kojima prefers Raiden instead of her as a female lead :( He's more feminine than her though

That would be fucking terrible.

They ruined Meryl. Anything after MGS1 with her is garbage.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I don't want it to be made.

Unless it's a continuity reboot. That could be interesting.
But no more fucking sequels and prequels to the existing canon, dammit.

Also, Kojima has already said a couple of times he thinks about making another one. So this isn't really news, nor is it an actual confirmation.
His plans for MGS5 could end up being a few lines like "yeah, I could make it like this or that, we will see lol"

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Is this where we find out that Vamp is yet again alive and kicking and has now created nano-nano machines that are taking hold of the la-li-lu-li-lo's big plans?
Only one person can save us.

SUNNY!

3141599577_0dffa167ed.jpg

Ghost X

If they can legitimately make Sunny into an interesting protagonist, suiting of MGS, that would be some amazing writing. Schizoid programming genius turned revered legendary war hero or whatever. Nah, don't see it happening.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Kojima is totally batshit but whenever he talks there's a nugget of genius to be found
Which is more than can be said for some other developers out there :wacky:

Also, he's said multiple times that he'd like to put the series down as well (re: the Kotaku "kojima-san can stop making metal gear now") but I guess he just doesn't give a fuck either way :monster:
And much as they hackneyed Meryl I think it'd be interesting to make a game about part of her life. I mean, not as dramatic as LES ENFANTS TERRIBLES but still

Also, maybe cover Metal Gear 1 and/or 2?

btw that engine demo thing seems to be evolving into a new separate thing. Unless it doesn't. Dude is halfway between spontaneous troll and mad scientist. :awesome:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I wouldn't mind an MGS3 sequel / prequel tbh, that one still stands above the other ones imo.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Or how about a game with The Boss as the protagonist

set in World War II or something :awesome:

Top Bottom