Music you associate with FF characters

An oddly specific thread, but I'll give it a go.

Sometimes the style of a music track may remind you of FF characters, groups or even the world setting in general. Maybe it's even the type of tune you'd wish to create a music video around, or mod into the actual game. (I am of course talking about music that does not belong to the game in question.)

Maverick Rising: 4-13 'Iron Will March' (VS Lumine ~ The First Form) by Torzelan [Mega Man X8]

This awesome remix screams at me that it should be the theme of Weiss from Dirge of Cerberus. The mix between the fast drum beating and the eerie organ (not sure if it's an organ though) creates a perfect blend between the "war machine" feel I get from the drum and the sense of macabre, relentless slaughter that the organ represents in my mind. When listening to this remix, I see Weiss's innocent victims being "slashed, strangled and slaughtered...beaten, stabbed and crushed, garroted and impaled, shot and executed without mercy."

The only thing that doesn't fit is the music box sound at the beginning and end.

Really digging this comment on the channel:
"Brutal enough to turn beard into steel wool. Metal'd it up, son."

Reno of the Turks.

Often your perception of a character is influenced by their appearance and attitude alone. We have never seen Reno depicted as a party animal in the Compilation (afaik), but the lyrics of "The King" makes me picture Reno totally owning the dance floor. I think this fits more into the "fanon" perception of characters, as an extrapolation made from their attitude rather than canon events or dialogue.

The same can be said for how I think the instruments in this song "fits". Sadly, I can't put into words just why the instruments of choice bring my thoughts to the Turks in general and Reno in particular, but it surely has something to do with the guitar and those "clipping" sounds. Almost like the sound of snapping fingers in their original theme song.

A good choice, Shademp. Really suits him. Given Reno's speed and grace, I expecr he really would be The King.

This song, "Cigarette" by Jeremy Fisher, also reminds me of Reno and the kind of relationships I imagine he has.

There's a couple of bars of the bass line (?I think) starting around 1.30 that always make me think of that bendy-kneed way he walks.

Lex

Administrator
Really? I find that a bit angsty for her. Fang seems more like a "Raise Your Glass" gal to me, if we're going for Pink songs ^_^.

PhantomSephiroth

Pilot of the Sephiroth_Zero
AKA
That damn sephiroth woman
Here's a few of the songs that make me think of Sephiroth in one way or another. I'll listen to them while drawing acording to the style and feel and want to creat.

How could I forget about this one? *facepalm*

(Not embedding because the fanart image for the video looks really freaky and wrong)
Appearance Rival John 2, from Ginga Nagareboshi Gin.

The second theme for the hunting dog John, who is in a way Gin's rival. The two can't really be likened to Cloud & Zack, but John's theme does have a "Zack" feel to me. It has that lively, "slick" atmosphere to it. Zack, even when he was a "puppy", does his job extremely well. He does it almost always with a smile on his face, too.

I enjoy the theme in general. I just wish it was longer. =P

EDIT:
Another theme from Ginga Nagareboshi Gin.
Temple of Old Enemy Akakuboto

To me, it could act as an alternative to "Those Chosen By The Planet". The tune reeks of a "menacing presence", much like Sephiroth's theme does in the original game.

Last edited:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Two songs by Skillet. "Falling Inside the Black" reminds me of Cloud's relationship with Jenova/Sephrioth and parts of "Monster" apply to just about everyone who's experimented on, but especially Vincent, Cloud, and Sephiroth.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D

Don't know why, but I imagine Sephiroth slaughtering countless men with an empty look in his eyes while listening to this song.

PhantomSephiroth

Pilot of the Sephiroth_Zero
AKA
That damn sephiroth woman
Just close your eyes for a moment and imagine Sephiroth running through a WWI like battlefield with this song:

or this one

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I associate their themes with them for one things. Other than that, off the top of my head, the song Creep by Radiohead reminds me of pre-Shinra Cloud.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
The Man with the Harmonica from Once Upon a Time in the West reminds me of Rude.

If FF7 took place in a Spaghetti Western setting, the Turks would be a gang under Rufus Shinra's command, killing folk that need killing. Every person Rude was told to kill would know he was near when he started playing the harmonica. Eventually he'd appear from nowhere and the guitars would kick in and he'd shoot 'em dead without a word.

In the Water by Anadel suited Barret and the other Avalanche members, methinks

Last edited:
Top Bottom