My take on why Rinoa is Ultimecia and what to make of the ending

OlderSquall

Pro Adventurer
She was defeated by Squall and Co I think that more than counts for her being on the brink of death?

.....did you watch the ending at all? Where she's literally staggering towards Edea and Squall after being completely beat by the party and says " I can't disappear yet" as in she can't pass on until she's given up her powers and then once she gives them to Edea and then collapses and dies? No? Did we not watch the same ending?

Look I'm all for a good theory but this one's been debunked. You can look at it and go what if hypothetically this happened but come on, don't go making stuff up just to support it.

So Adel being beaten down a strong team means brink of death? I question that one. I suppose time will tell When it comes to this hypothesis. i hope they can do a real remake or sequel to tie up loose ends and put it all to rest.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Ultimecia did not look like she was weak or suffering though. She came off pretty freaking strong to me. Holding onto their powers slows down their aging and they can outlive humans. At some point perhaps they hand over their power and die a peaceful death but until then they come off pretty tough to me.
Is this really the hill you want to die on?
PiercingAccomplishedAmphibian-size_restricted.gif

Man, I don't even remember most of FF8's story (probably because my brain repressed it as a means of protecting me from trauma), but this is just so obviously not something you're debating in good faith. You're clearly emotionally attached to your position, even when given evidence that blatantly contradicts you. You just ignore the parts you don't like, and bulldoze forward anyway. Like, bruh. If you wanna have your little alternate reality fanfiction plot, that's cool. But stop trying to push it as canon.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
So Adel being beaten down a strong team means brink of death? I question that one. I suppose time will tell When it comes to this hypothesis. i hope they can do a real remake or sequel to tie up loose ends and put it all to rest.

Adel was possessed by Ultimecia, she abandoned Rinoa in space to possess Adel instead, who was still weak from being cryo-frozen for 17 years. She died as soon as she passed her powers into Rinoa, what does that tell you? Why are you disputing this this isn't some made up nonsense its fact.

OlderSquall

Pro Adventurer
Is this really the hill you want to die on?
PiercingAccomplishedAmphibian-size_restricted.gif

Man, I don't even remember most of FF8's story (probably because my brain repressed it as a means of protecting me from trauma), but this is just so obviously not something you're debating in good faith. You're clearly emotionally attached to your position, even when given evidence that blatantly contradicts you. You just ignore the parts you don't like, and bulldoze forward anyway. Like, bruh. If you wanna have your little alternate reality fanfiction plot, that's cool. But stop trying to push it as canon.

I am not pushing it as canon. I am simply stating that it is highly plausible and I gave my reasons as to why. But it is what it is….

OlderSquall

Pro Adventurer
Adel was possessed by Ultimecia, she abandoned Rinoa in space to possess Adel instead, who was still weak from being cryo-frozen for 17 years. She died as soon as she passed her powers into Rinoa, what does that tell you? Why are you disputing this this isn't some made up nonsense its fact.
I am not making things up I am simply stating my observations.

Top Bottom