Naruto: "Ultimate Ninja Storm" Series

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I know it at least covers the storyline covered in the anime, but I'm not sure if it's based off of the manga content covered by the anime, or just on the anime itself.

On a related note- It's SO weird to me that Haku & Zabuza didn't even get added as support characters or anything in the first game.

X :neo:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Only a couple weeks left. Really finding it hard to decide what console am getting this on. Had the first one on PS3, really enjoyed it and got used to it, plus my PS3 is connected to my only HD TV. On the other hand I know a fair few people who will be getting it for Xbox, and thats damn appealing too since it has online play.
Hmmmm.

And yes, new trailer looks friggin fantastic.

By the looks of it there will only be one playable path for pain. The others seem to make appearances in support moves/jutsu/grabs. Even so all looks damn good.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I've convinced a couple of my buddies to get it for PS3, so I'm looking forward to finally playing it with some more people, aside from when they come over. Tough call on your part though.

My friend Ronnie actually doesn't know anything about Naruto, and had a blast playing it against me this weekend, and has played both the demos now. I'm trying to get him introduced into the manga / anime so he'll know more about the characters and how they fight.

I'm essentially broke, which means that I probably won't be picking up Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 'til next month. I get paid again just before Naruto comes out, and so I'm planning on getting that, and Force Unleashed II, since I had it pre-ordered, and just wait out on C:LoS.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
The only reason I would consider even renting this is if I had someone to play with. *cough*

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
*cough* I will play with you. *cough cough*

I'm trying to decide whether its worth buying the collectors edition. Gonna order now.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Just found an easter egg in the first game:

If you play as Hinata, when she does her Ultimate Ninjutsu, she ends with a double palm thrust, that knocks the enemy down, and she lands sitting on them. If you do it against Naruto, she looks down and gasps, then leaps off of him and blushes.

It's the only Ultimate Ninjutsu that I know of that changes based upon who you attack, so I figured I'd bring it up and see if anyone knows if there are any other ones.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
My favourite in UNS1. If you use Guy's ultimate jutsu against someone, but fail to win the command bit he will only do 99 press-ups (rather than 100). The jutsu ends with him crying stating 'He has failed' and then even when the game returns to real-time he is crying and running back.
Tis a funny one.

EDIT: found a video of it.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Was happy to see that the game was dispatched this morning, en route my house :monster:

Good chance of arriving tomorow, but otherwise will definitely have it by friday :D

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Was happy to see that the game was dispatched this morning, en route my house :monster:

Good chance of arriving tomorow, but otherwise will definitely have it by friday :D

Jjjjjeeeeeaaaalllllooooooouuuuussssssssssss.

I won't have it 'round here 'til next week, but I've got at least one of my buddies set to get it the day it comes out with me. :D You'll have to psot up some thoughts that I can be jealous of. ;)

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I will be play9ng deidrea. aswell as itachi,

sorry if too fdrunkm to post hope i gte the poijt n avcross.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
AWESOME drunk post. :P

I'm eager to hear what your opinions are now that you have it (once you get a break from actually playing).

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Its here.

Game
Time
Started.

Finally.

swb36tz.jpg

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
So I have been playing. A lot.

Words cant describe how happy I am with it. The battle system is perfect.
They have every character down to a pinch, with simple combos seeming much more individual to the character. Not to mention all of the awakening modes, in comparison to the few unique ones from Storm 1.

More about this later.
P.S: My characters:
1. Sasori
2. Itachi
3. Kabuto

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So I have been playing. A lot.

Words cant describe how happy I am with it. The battle system is perfect.
They have every character down to a pinch, with simple combos seeming much more individual to the character. Not to mention all of the awakening modes, in comparison to the few unique ones from Storm 1.

More about this later.
P.S: My characters:
1. Sasori
2. Itachi
3. Kabuto

SO fucking stoked for Wednesday. I can't wait to try it out.
Just got paid today, and I'll totally be able to get it.

How long's it taking to get everyone unlocked?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Well I completed the main storyline, which doesn't take very long at all (providing you do what I did and skip the cutscenes, because if you've seen the anime its just wasted time =P ). If you put your mind to it, you'd probably be able to finish it in one tiring night. That doesn't mean they are skipping out on parts or missing details, they are just cutting all the useless stuff you do not need.

Completing the main story will unlock you all of the characters apart from four. Those four characters being
Minato/AkatsukiSasuke/Killer Bee/ lars whathisname from tekken.
. These characters are unlocked by other means in the mission mode, or simply by acquiring enough SP (consider this the EXP you gain from pretty much anything you do in the game, even just free battles with friends). In terms of how much SP that is......I ended the main game on 480,000SP, without playing many other games. The four unlock t 540kSP, 560k, 580k & i think 600k. I think this is correct, I only read it online somewhere, I have yet to unlock these four characters.

I have played pretty much all of the other characters now, so if you want to ask questions about the characters, or your favourite character etc, ask away.

Hope it helped.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Hokage Naruto is essentially just a costume change for Sage Mode Naruto, which unlocks after the final boss fight. You get the costume in the story though

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
Hngh I have demolished this game over the space of 22 hours.
LEGEN(wait for it)DARY.

Now I just need to complete my collection and gain 999k sp.

Top Bottom