need some good/affordable headphones

crack

Donator
Can anyone recommend me some good headphones/earphones? Preferably ones that aren't too expensive, are comfortable, and sturdy. And the louder I can put up the volume, the better. :monster:

Last edited:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
cIn7d.gif

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
The headphones I have hook on to my ear rather than earbuds. Cause those are uncomfortable for me. They probably weren't expensive. I probably got them from best buy. That's the best i can do.

Do you have a separate mic?

crack

Donator
oh i see the spelling mistake now. if a mod could correct the spelling, that would be lovely.

And yeah I do, so I don't need a mic with these headphones. And there are some cheap ones from Best Buy, but they either tangle up way too easily, or just suck. :monster:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
mine work great. i mean, they tangle. but such is life.

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
I would honestly (and strongly) recommend regular headphones as opposed to earbuds. The ones I have are both made by Sony: Standard Stereo-Headphones and Dynamic Stereo-Headphones

The Standard ones are likely more affordable (about $10-$20 or so and Dynamic are about $20 to $30, depending where you get them from) and Sony brand are usually sturdy and last a good while. I also recommend them because earbuds do the most damage to your inner ear hairs and once they die, they don't grow back, hence why loss of hearing results. Just a suggestion.

~ Raz

Last edited:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Figure out what kind you want first, then check Amazon or Ebay. I picked up a pair of headphones for someone for Christmas for like $8 brand new (from one of the stores, not an individual person).

That said, I personally would definitely recommend Skullcandy. They make amazing, high quality stuff that lasts for ages. Whatever you end up getting, from wherever and made by whoever, I'd also suggest the bigger ones that go over the top of your head, with the thicker band; they are typically sturdier and last lobger, while giving the best results.

I've got Skullcandies myself - my only complaint is that the cord on the ones I got is shorter than I'd like. But that's my faulr for not looking at that first. :monster:

Try asking Alex, Tony, Aaron, or Cthulu. They are more or less audiophiles, and can probably answer your question best of all.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
my only problem with skullcandies is the sort that bend in the middle get beat up so often in my backpack that it takes less than a year for them to go kablooie entirely

bluh

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
Indeed, my skullcandy earphones went kaput about 6 months after i bought them, because the wire connecting to the jack frayed. :<
But for headphones though, they're amazing, I had a pair of Hesh ones until i stepped on them and they broke.

The best earphones are Bose or Sennhauser, but they're not exactly economical.

crack

Donator
That said, I personally would definitely recommend Skullcandy. They make amazing, high quality stuff that lasts for ages. Whatever you end up getting, from wherever and made by whoever, I'd also suggest the bigger ones that go over the top of your head, with the thicker band; they are typically sturdier and last lobger, while giving the best results.
eh, i never really liked skullcandy that much. my last two earbuds were from skullcandy and they both broke :I though, i might be willing to look at their headphones if they're comfortable and sound good.

Try asking Alex, Tony, Aaron, or Cthulu. They are more or less audiophiles, and can probably answer your question best of all.
Or hopefully they can come to this thread :awesome:

The best earphones are Bose or Sennhauser, but they're not exactly economical.
I'd be willing to spend 100 dollars at most for headphones, but from the looks of it the better bose/sennhasuer are more than that

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Normally I just use the headphones I got with my iPod when I'm on the run. I have a few other over-the-ear headsets that are pretty expensive. I recently bought a pair of Bose headphones a few months ago, which were $300+. But, I've been thinking about getting a pair of Beats by Dre headphones. I know a lot of people that have them, and from what I hear they're surprisingly good. Not sure what you would define as a reasonable price, but these are the ones I'm getting,

http://beatsbydre.com/products/Products.aspx?pid=B5832&cat=1

If you're not willing to pay that much there are some alternatives. I've heard good things about Sennheiser, but I've never used any of them. However, they have more of a variety than Bose, with varying prices, so you have a better chance of finding something there. If you're looking for something cheaper, there's always Skullcandy and Gumy headphones

But check Sennheiser first, see if you find anything,

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/private_headphones_headsets_earphones_microphones?00002

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
They're not rich man headphones. :<

I did have to save up some cash to get my headsets, but I can tell you it's certainly worth it. When it comes to headphones, the more money you put into buying a pair, the more you'll get out of them. Better sound quality, and they last longer.

I never go anywhere without my iPod, it's my life source. If you people are the same way, then start saving up, imho.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I bought Sennheiser earphones for about 40-ish AUD.

Even as their lower end, imo they already sound a cut above. Might not be your thing though.

Also, find a good equalizer for your music player :monster: That can also do wonders for your personal listening.

crack

Donator
Equalizer? What's that?

And I'll look into the Sennheiser headphones, thank you for the suggestions. :monster: And those headphones by Dr. Dre look amazing, but the price... costs too much for headphones.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equalization_filter, :monster:

Just small tweaks to frequency, etc. Companies will often try and add their own developed equalizers as a marketing ploy, eg. Philips Fullsound. Whether or not they work for you is another thing entirely.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Pretty much anything that's not Logitech or some cheap $10 piece of shit works fine for me. And I prefer speakers to headphones so i'm not the best person to ask. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
If any of you don't mind or are looking for earbuds, I would highly recommend the JVC Gumy ones. They come in a variety of colors, are only around $9-$10 (usually), and they have very high sound quality (for something this cheap anyway).

AND I have had my pair for a year and a half and they still work like the day I first bought them. :)

Link: http://av.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL028884&pathId=162&page=1

I have the pink, and I actually just bought the purple ones yesterday. :)

Last edited:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I know it's been mentioned, but I like SkullCandy.

Comfortable, drowns out background noise, plays clearly...

Good stuff. Price is a bit high: ~ $ 15.00 more or less.

Belmat

Pro Adventurer
Okay, they're expensive, but I'm a Bose man through and through. You can pick up a pair relatively cheaply if you manage to hunt around, though.

I picked up a pair of the mobile version for when I'm out and about which have a mic on the wire in case you want to use them with a phone (which I don't because I'm still in the dark ages when it comes to phones), but as it's just a 3.5mm jack you can use them with most things.

Basic model:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bose-315351...2QJK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1300293730&sr=8-2

Pricey, yeah, but awesome. I got lucky and picked up a pair for £80 brand new from CEX because the box was damaged.

Top Bottom