NeoCrisis WTF Moment - Final Fantasy 8

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Re: NeoCrisis WTF Moment - Final Fantasy 8

Which happened to be quite often, the crybaby fucker who wanted to diddle his mom but was angry because she was busy crushing on the resident douche who happened to be the little tard's father.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

I respect Tidus. Not every man can thow himself into death, let alone throw himself into nonexistence, being a mere dream and all.

He did it without hesitation or so much as even telling everyone the truth.

He just hugged Yuna, waved goodbye, jumped off the airship to high-five his dad and poofed away in a cloud of pyreflies. I mean, it was so....sad yet cool how he just accepted his fate like that.

That takes some balls. He may be a crybaby but he still is a man. :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

That'll teach yuna to fall in love with fake people.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

LOL.

No wonder Yuna likes Tidus so much. He's the perfect dream boyfriend.

That's why it made me laugh when the person the "Dream" was based off of, Shuyin, was a total dick.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

I don't think that was ever the real Shuyin, though. It was only a shadow of him left behind that was comprised of all his anger and hatred without any of the good in him to combat that.

[quote author=Dacon link=topic=243.msg6622#msg6622 date=1231369288]
Which happened to be quite often, the crybaby fucker who wanted to diddle his mom but was angry because she was busy crushing on the resident douche who happened to be the little tard's father.
[/quote]

Not that often. It's not like he would go cry in a corner every time he talked about how much he hated Jecht. He still maintained his confidence about it most of the time.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

It was often enough, and that was arrogance, not confidence.

Tidus is just like a lot of the guys I used to play sports with in high school, cocky little pricks that always B-line for the hot girls.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

Whether the Shuuyin was really his soul or just a shadow, it still was a representation of the real person who existed and was really a *Real* person who existed in Spira. And he wasn't that good of a person as shown in FFX-2 :monster:

His darkness was a lot more...dark than anything Tidus showed us, probably because he was the archetypal dream and idea that Shuyin was seen as in Zanarkand.

@Dacon

LMAO, yeah he is like that. But what makes him different is he has heart and isn't that a steroid doping, drug using, mean asshole. He's just kinda...blond.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=243.msg6636#msg6636 date=1231370602]
Whether the Shuuyin was really his soul or just a shadow, it still was a representation of the real person who existed and was really a *Real* person who existed in Spira. And he wasn't that good of a person as shown in FFX-2 :monster:

His darkness was a lot more...dark than anything Tidus showed us, probably because he was the archetypal dream and idea that Shuyin was seen as in Zanarkand. [/quote]

Actually I've always felt that it was only one side of the real Shuyin. It was a manifestation of his anger and hate left unchecked by the other fascits of his personality. If he was whole he may not have been the way he was.

LMAO, yeah he is like that. But what makes him different is he has heart and isn't that a steroid doping, drug using, mean asshole. He's just kinda...blond.

Tidus isn't even a natural blond, or so I've convinced myself. He bleaches and he fake bakes. :monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy

REVIVAL

FFX-2 Shuyin talk in a VIII topic? AWESOME

Shuyin, by fanon (but supported by dialogue) definition is just an unsent. What's made him unsent, like most, is all that unfinished business that he needs to take care of, but most of all, his anger and despair.

Rikku: Shuyin is no ordinary unsent!

Paine: Seems that way. When he died a thousand years ago, his feelings became
intertwined with the pyreflies, creating this...apparition.

Yuna: He's like a dream...or a nightmare.

Rikku: He must have had some serious regrets for his feelings to act on their
own like that.

Paine: This is what destroyed the Squad. Despair strong enough to crush the
minds of those it touches. What just happened to us happened to them, too. Here.
They felt Shuyin's despair. They went mad, and they died. They killed each
other!

Shuyin WAS real, but all that was left floating around in Spira was his hate, anger and despair. And he did have a soft side, considering he was going out looking for Lenne, he risked everything for her, sort of like how Tidus did for Yuna.

But I agree with Mako. Not many 17 year old teenagers who aren't real would go risking everything to save the world. I give props to Tidus for dealing with as much shit as he had to. "Hey, my dad's a giant whale of a monster that's destroying the world, I gotta go kill him but if I do I also risk killing my gf, who's currently married to some half breed tree who's ALSO trying to destroy the world. Oh, we've also gotta travel the continent to get to Point B and hide from the heavy religious Christians Yevonites who want to crucify us. But I'm blond and perky, I got everything going for me. ;D"

Also, all this talk of emo Squall.. is he really that bad? I haven't played and Dacon's not selling the character for me. :/

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

He's not emo, just full of teenage awkwardness and angst.

Nikkolas

Banned

Shuyin WAS real, but all that was left floating around in Spira was his hate, anger and despair. And he did have a soft side, considering he was going out looking for Lenne, he risked everything for her, sort of like how Tidus did for Yuna.

Tidus didn't do anything for Yuna. He said he'd think of something...and never did. They arrived in Zanarkand and it was simply the fact she had to turn someone into a Fayth that stopped all this. Tidus had nothing to do with it.

Now sneaking into a heavily guarded base to steal a weapon of unrivaled power...that's doing something.

Also what the Fayth say about him just being a shadow consumed with anger is contradicted by Shuyin's actions. He clearly still loves Lenne more than anything else. He was perfectly ready to fade with Yuna posing as Lenne and then he actually did with the real spirit of Lenne.
I think it's all of Shuyin's personality in the game. The love, the hate, the sorrow, the happiness. It's just been wraped to the point he's basically insane from a thousand years of remembering his own death and the death of the person he love.d

I would also say it was Shuyin's spirit we follow around. The Den of Woe contains only imprints of that spirit preserved by the pyreflies but if he himself was just a shadow made of pyreflies, I don't think he could do that. Besides when he left at the end, he presuamably went to the Farplane; where souls finally go to rest.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot

From the beginning:

I'm with Dacon. I habitually go find the uberbosses and kick their asses. I was ready for Ultimecia with fucking Holy Wars and Eden, not to mention that I always kept my characters at Limit Break HP levels and spammed Renzokuken/Blue Magic/Fight/Angelo/Shot all the time. Zell is abusively powerful when spamming Punch Rush/Booya over and over for almost as much damage as a Lionheart :monster:

That was also the major unbalancing feature of the game (and the crappy Draw system).

I played FFVIII *AS* an angsty teenager (I was probably emo without realizing it, in all likelihood). So I identified with Squall. He and Rinoa finally being together actually made me tera up a bit. His relationship with Rinoa still gets me a li'l misty-eyed when I play. But I'm a sucker for a good love story, and I really like Rinoa.

Tidus wasn't SO bad :monster:

[quote author=Dacon link=topic=243.msg6586#msg6586 date=1231366231]
And for fuck's sake, Cloud is a grown man, he doesn't need some deadass girl to continue popping up to vindicate his guilt.[/quote]
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :monster:

Shuyin was clearly insane.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa

Rikku whinily wonders what they can do. "We'll do something!" Tightass insists. "We just don't know enough yet. Until we do, we really can't help Yuna. Let's go to Zanarkand. We'll find something there. It'll all come together. I know it!" Rikku is totally impressed by these basically empty words. "Just now, you sounded like a leader, you know?" If sounding like a leader means "putting off a decision because you don't know what the fuck you're doing and still being foolishly optimistic about it" then yes, I agree with her.

I love Videogamerecaps. :D

krystabegnalie

Lv. 25 Adventurer
meh, ultimecia wasn't that hard, just pounding them with aura stones, then always limit break my characters, i have not yet change characters there though

one wtf moments i think there is squall always speak to himself like we see his subconsious mind

Top Bottom