New site staff and Mod, TresDias/Squall_of_SeeD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Would have made more sense to make this guy Site Staff and Tennyo the moderator.

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
I think Tres is mod worthy his essays were amazing. Congrats making it.

And i think Tennyo would make a nice mod too. ^^

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I think Tres is mod worthy his essays were amazing. Congrats making it.

And i think Tennyo would make a nice mod too. ^^

Exactly how are these so called "amazing" essays evidence of his qualification to be a mod of this community?

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
urban dictionary said:
A moderator who on message boards are in charge of moderating all forums rather than being in charge of one.
So I guess if you post sometimes and know some Japanese, you can be a good mod. Or something.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Exactly where in the hell did you get "popular"?

The problem is this guy is unacquainted with the community and the most folks have come up with is "hey he knows japanese and wrote some cool essays!" as a reason for him being a mod.

Besides Tennyo ain't popular, and neither are you.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Exactly where in the hell did you get "popular"?

I'm just getting the impression that if say, Alex or Bexy were appointed moderators, very few people would have complained. While that's an extreme example perhaps, I do feel as if this community is rooted in nepotism and cliquishness and 'popular opinion.'

The problem is this guy is unaquainted with the community and the most folks have come up with is "hey he knows japanese and wrote some cool essays"!

His dedication and knowledge of the fandom is unwavering and impressive. While I understand he's not really known, to me that's irrelevant because the Staff believes that he's capable. Does that take anything away from Tennyo? No! I still believe she would be a great addition to the Staff and I'd personally vouch for her.

However, TresDias is also a very capable, intelligent person, and while being familiar with the community is certainly a plus, I don't believe it's a requirement, because generally moderating a community is an objective job. Moderate people who flame, spam, and fuck shit up. I know he won't OVERSTEP ANY BOUNDS or whatever.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I'm just getting the impression that if say, Alex or Bexy were appointed moderators, very few people would have complained. While that's an extreme example perhaps, I do feel as if this community is rooted in nepotism and cliquishness and 'popular opinion.'
Yeah, we all know they'd suck as mods, even they themselves because they can't stand half of staff.

His dedication and knowledge of the fandom is unwavering and impressive.
This means fuckall when it comes to being a moderator, and I couldn't give a shit about his 1337 ff knowledge and essay writing skills. That makes him good for SITE STAFF. It sounds like you guys made him a mod just because you needed one.
However, TresDias is also a very capable, intelligent person, and while being familiar with the community is certainly a plus, I don't believe it's a requirement, because generally moderating a community is an objective job. Moderate people who flame, spam, and fuck shit up. I know he won't OVERSTEP ANY BOUNDS or whatever.
That's nice and all, but a mod having a good relationship with the community is an INTEGRAL part of keeping bullshit and drama off a message board. I was proof of this, and so are you.

You say it's an objective job, which I find pretty laughable because there is no one on this earth that keeps personal bias out of their "jobs" with any modicum of continual success.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I'd also add it's kind of fucked up that you'll promote someone who's relatively new versus someone who's been a part of this community since pretty much the beginning, has a good relationship with pretty much all members, and gets along with staff and has a low tolerance for bullshit. Oh, and she is pretty well versed in your precious fandom too.

I'm saying all this, and I don't even REALLY LIKE HER.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I dunno, I don't represent the entirety of Staff. I'm just throwing out some of my thoughts as just ONE of the Staff.

And to be blunt, he's remaining on Staff whether some of you like it or not. We like him and we really want him part of the team. This topic is really just a formality.

(ib "this is why this place sucks" response)

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
And to be blunt, he's remaining on Staff whether some of you like it or not. We like him and we really want him part of the team. This topic is really just a formality.

You say this as if it's some sort of surprise. But it's nice to see you guys admitting the farce.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I'm just getting the impression that if say, Alex or Bexy were appointed moderators, very few people would have complained.
Oh come now, we both know I'm not THAT popular :monster:

FYI, posts like this:
Are the reason that justifications like this:
the Staff believes that he's capable.
Really, really don't fly at all. Way to improve staff's image there chief.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Well, uh

that's how it is

I'm not exactly sure what else to say. At this point it's not even ME (TLS's favorite scapegoat!) enacting my will or whatever. That's just the general sentiment of Staff at this point in time. I say this as a member, not as Staff, but if you don't like the way it's going, no one is forcing you to stay here. I would have been left if I were some of you guys, honestly.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Lol predictability.

The fact that people argue these points at all should tell you monkeys that there's something here that they like that makes them WANT to stay.

But hey you want to drive people off that's cool.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
(TLS's favorite scapegoat!)
Oh dude get over yourself. Even if it was true, that attitude is boring as hell.

EDIT:
gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet
Yeah, hows that attitude been working out for the site's activity lately bro? :monster:

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Gotta have eggs to make an omelet.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
The site has taken a huge hit in activity in recent months, but I don't suppose anyone here has anything to do with that huh?

Even the contest Mako and Alex came up with has done fuck all to boost activity significantly, and Mako has had to resort to hassling people to finish their fucking entries.

Also lol 30.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Well, to be honest, like I said, I was just throwing out my own personal thoughts. None of this is really because "IT'S WHAT I WANT". Honestly I have been kinda disconnected with the going on's over the past while because of offline business, so I generally keep to just moderating and discussing ideas.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
None of this is really because "IT'S WHAT I WANT". Honestly I have been kinda disconnected with the going on's over the past while because of offline business, so I generally keep to just moderating and discussing ideas.

Then what is the point of you interjecting yourself as the center of attention and contention then?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Holy crap, if the focus of this site was blowing things out of proportion we'd be the most successful internet concoction this side of facebook.

Is this really that big of a deal? He wasn't appointed the leader of a nation, he was made a mod on a goddamn FF message board. Is there really a long list of credentials and rigorous training necessary for such a position? Especially considering he's simply replacing someone who never freaking posted will anything have been lost?

Considering he's been pretty damn active since he joined to inform the people who don't actually visit the compilation sections, I submit he'll add a great deal. I'm sure he'll be better than I am, I admit I'm not a spectacular mod. I just seem to not piss people off so I'm mostly overlooked.

But if everyone needs a Bex on staff I say you replace me, not him, as he has the ability to contribute much more, I would wager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom