NEW TRAILER!!!!!

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
- mystery shinra is one of the ones that shot Zack at the cliff, he recognizes the sword
this actually works really well because between zack's death and that scene there's only been like 2-3 weeks so it could be like a recent trauma that mystery shinra is not over

yes, this is good

Pixel

The Pixie King
Had a bit of fun and re-arranged the scenes in the trailer to what I think is correct chronologically.

Notes:
- I used a 720p download of the trailer. If TLS wants to upload their own version of such a video, I recommend they go the extra mile and get a 1080p version and make some editing choices that might make the video more smooth than mine.
- Footage from the E3 Teaser was omitted because their place chronologically is unknown and very speculative.
- Omitted bits of Cloud and Barret fighting together in Sector 8 because I can't fit it together with the original game's continuity. Either Barret has been forced into Cloud's party in Sector 8 only for trailer purposes OR something in the continuity has been changed for the remake.
- Audio is naturally clunky due to moving scenes back and forth.
- The video is unlisted and with a simple title because I don't intend for this video to stay online. I would really like for somebody to make their own, 1080p version of this. =)
- EDIT: Oops, got the battle scenes at 1:10-1:12 in the wrong order. It would make more sense to transition with Cloud at 1788 HP to 1727 HP, rather than doing it the other way around like I accidentally did.

EDIT #2: This guy uploaded a similar video just over twelve hours ago but I disagree with his placement of the battle scenes at 1:28 - 1:35.

I was trying to expand on this video with everything in order, but Im not sure it would work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lGdKLrUPsc

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Had a bit of fun and re-arranged the scenes in the trailer to what I think is correct chronologically.

Notes:
- I used a 720p download of the trailer. If TLS wants to upload their own version of such a video, I recommend they go the extra mile and get a 1080p version and make some editing choices that might make the video more smooth than mine.
- Footage from the E3 Teaser was omitted because their place chronologically is unknown and very speculative.
- Omitted bits of Cloud and Barret fighting together in Sector 8 because I can't fit it together with the original game's continuity. Either Barret has been forced into Cloud's party in Sector 8 only for trailer purposes OR something in the continuity has been changed for the remake.
- The video is unlisted and with a simple title because I don't intend for this video to stay online. I would really like for somebody to make their own, 1080p version of this. =)
- EDIT: Oops, got the battle scenes at 1:10-1:12 in the wrong order. It would make more sense to transition with Cloud at 1788 HP to 1727 HP, rather than doing it the other way around like I accidentally did.

EDIT #2: This guy uploaded a similar video just over twelve hours ago but I disagree with his placement of the battle scenes at 1:28 - 1:35.

This is awesome. Now someone just needs to remove the song, isolate the dialogue pieces, replace them where they work and overlay a new song. Piece of cake... right? :monster:

Which the other guy kind of did... and no offense but I also think his use of the additional splice scenes and Cloud/Barret at the end is better. >.o

also think his use of the additional splice scenes and Cloud/Barret at the end is better.
I agree that this editing is a satisfying way to end the video. I just personally can't include them in a video upload because I'm not sure if that segment should be placed at the very start of the video or at the end. :monster: If I had to guess though, the scene with Barret and Cloud walking through the slums (as seen both in the E3 teaser and now in the PSX trailer) is after the bombing mission.

Mandrake

Lv. 1 Adventurer
wild baseless theory time:

- mystery shinra troop isn't reacting to cloud, but to seeing him with zack's sword

- mystery shinra troop isn't actually real at all, but a visual representation of the voices cloud hears in the game (this one being of him as a shinra army recruit)

i present no evidence because i have none, but if i'm right i expect someone to buy me a drink

What if the mystery Shinra guy is the second troop that was sent to Nibelheim along with Sephiroth, Zack and Cloud and fell from the cliff and somehow survived. He could recognize both Cloud and the Buster Sword. Maybe he was even somehow involved in the Nibelheim Incident if he returned to the village and was there at the time. And maybe he got caught and was taken to Hojo's lab along with the other survivors and managed to escape. Before that he saw Cloud and Zack there but kept it as a secret for some reasons.

The troop's unsolved fate is actually a very interesting part. There was also a third troop but he as well disappeared when the car crashed to the dragon I think. In Crisis Core it was never even explained.

I did a little research and it seems that in CC the other troop actually said "I don't have any particular desire to join SOLDIER." That's why he' still a troop after five years, lol.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
also think his use of the additional splice scenes and Cloud/Barret at the end is better.
I agree that this editing is a satisfying way to end the video. I just personally can't include them in a video upload because I'm not sure if that segment should be placed at the very start of the video or at the end. :monster: If I had to guess though, the scene with Barret and Cloud walking through the slums (as seen both in the E3 teaser and now in the PSX trailer) is after the bombing mission.

Just shove it in there. It looks nice. :monster:

wild baseless theory time:

- mystery shinra troop isn't reacting to cloud, but to seeing him with zack's sword

- mystery shinra troop isn't actually real at all, but a visual representation of the voices cloud hears in the game (this one being of him as a shinra army recruit)

i present no evidence because i have none, but if i'm right i expect someone to buy me a drink

What if the mystery Shinra guy is the second troop that was sent to Nibelheim along with Sephiroth, Zack and Cloud and fell from the cliff and somehow survived. He could recognize both Cloud and the Buster Sword. Maybe he was even somehow involved in the Nibelheim Incident if he returned to the village and was there at the time. And maybe he got caught and was taken to Hojo's lab along with the other survivors and managed to escape. Before that he saw Cloud and Zack there but kept it as a secret for some reasons.

The troop's unsolved fate is actually a very interesting part. There was also a third troop but he as well disappeared when the car crashed to the dragon I think. In Crisis Core it was never even explained.

I did a little research and it seems that in CC the other troop actually said "I don't have any particular desire to join SOLDIER." That's why he' still a troop after five years, lol.

Well, wasn't Cloud that Shinra MP that survived the fall? There were two accompanying them... one died and one survived. It was a tie-in/mentioned because he'd fallen there before... the only ones who survived were Seph, Zack, Tifa, and Shinra MP/Cloud.

Mandrake

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Well, wasn't Cloud that Shinra MP that survived the fall? There were two accompanying them... one died and one survived. It was a tie-in/mentioned because he'd fallen there before... the only ones who survived were Seph, Zack, Tifa, and Shinra MP/Cloud.

Yes he was but the other one went missing after the fall. It was never confirmed that he died so it's possible he survived, seeing as the rest of them didn't even get a scratch.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Oh I see what you're saying now... the second one that perhaps survived and wasn't with the group anymore. Maybe :hohum:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
At some point, I'd love them to show the design process for the characters, like incarnations of concept art that led to what we see. Im hoping Clouds design isnt 100% final. Theres some weirdness there that was present in early shots of AC.

Understatement of the Decade.

I don't just want to see the design process... I wanna friggan play with their engine, man... just to build stuff and make characters and whatnot!

I want to make my own stuff too... ugh, I just wish I really knew how... :wallbanger:

RedFFWolf

Donator
Thoroughly enjoyed rewatching the trailer - it all feels so much more definitive now.

I can't wait to explore all the areas.
From the trailer, was that a "We Buy Gold" sign/shop at 1:28? Or, from 1:17 on Shademp's video (nice work, man). God I love background details! Thus, I want show times for LOVELESS, full chocobo stats/odds/history in the Gold Saucer, and a Turtle's Paradise poster in every town, in every area, in and on every building, in every room, on every wall, and slap a billboard on a few walking NPCs who shall't giveth free samples when approached with 'X' - usable in the main menu, may cause 'Fury' or 'Sadness', depending on character
30hobqa.png

YES

YES BARRET'S DEAL WITH IT SHADES

YES WEDGE IS ACTUALLY FAT AND NOT SOME SORT OF KEN DOLL MAKEOVER MANNEQUIN

BIGGS LOOKS LIKE NORMAN REEDUS A BIT KIND OF

MIDGAR LOOKS LIKE A NICE PEACHY ARSE

IM A BIT DRUNK

If the whole game ends up terrible somehow, this will have made all the years worth it. Octo, I we thank you.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Thoroughly enjoyed rewatching the trailer - it all feels so much more definitive now.

When I rewatched it this morning (first thing after waking up :monster:), I realized how real it was. Like all the sudden, I mean I knew it was real, but suddenly I told myself "I'll be playing this in a couple/few years." And when I thought that, it suddenly feels just so much more real, and I dunno, it makes it even more important and anticipated.
I get to visit this world again. With top-notch graphics, more stuff to do, a whole new experience. I never thought I'd get to do it, and suddenly it's really hitting me today. It's made me really happy.

I can't wait to explore all the areas.
From the trailer, was that a "We Buy Gold" sign/shop at 1:28? Or, from 1:17 on Shademp's video (nice work, man). God I love background details! Thus, I want show times for LOVELESS, full chocobo stats/odds/history in the Gold Saucer, and a Turtle's Paradise poster in every town, in every area, in and on every building, in every room, on every wall, and slap a billboard on a few walking NPCs who shall't giveth free samples when approached with 'X' - usable in the main menu, may cause 'Fury' or 'Sadness', depending on character
30hobqa.png

Ohhh this sounds so fun! :awesome: What if they even included a play of LOVELESS for you to view, if you go into the theater? I want this Remake to be full of details and hidden things to find.

Also, I'm really really hoping they add some more NPCs and towns in this Remake. I realized that the Northern Continent is pretty barren, I mean Bone Village and the Icicle Inn? Surely people from Midgar and other towns would vacation at Icicle Inn sometimes for the snow and skiing/snowboarding. Will they add to Icicle Inn and make it a full-blown town? That seems more realistic to me.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Man, I just got to thinking that I am REALLY looking forward to unique weapons and accessories being visible of characters in everything but the CGI pre-rendered cutscenes.

X :neo:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Do we really need pre-rendered scenes anymore?

In my opinion, no. Exception being when the scene is so complex the hardware might struggle in real-time. But even then, I prefer them pre-rendering it in-engine for visual consistency.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy

Notes:

This is awesome. Now someone just needs to remove the song, isolate the dialogue pieces, replace them where they work and overlay a new song. Piece of cake... right? :monster:

Which the other guy kind of did... and no offense but I also think his use of the additional splice scenes and Cloud/Barret at the end is better. >.o

So I took my own advice and isolated vocals and relayed the Bombing Mission track so that it was consistent. It was really annoying me. :monster:

I didn't take the additional scenes with the splices and Cloud/Barret walking because I didn't want to COMPLETELY rip the other guy off... just Shadeylane. :wacky:

I'm pleased that it turned out all right.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

Not gonna lie -- I still love them. In-game graphics can still be crazy beautiful, but there's still something special about what you can achieve with the deep beauty of pre-rendered scenes.

The Witcher 3's stuff immediately comes to mind.

Splintered

unsavory tart

Not gonna lie -- I still love them. In-game graphics can still be crazy beautiful, but there's still something special about what you can achieve with the deep beauty of pre-rendered scenes.

Me too. For the most part you don't need them, but there's a lot of special scenes that are just made better by pre-rendered.

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
Chi, Trollzaya, Dean Winchester, Black Widow

Honestly, even if we don't need pre-rendered scenes anymore, there are some cut scenes for FFVII that I can't wait to see in all their HD glory.

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
One thing I've taken from this trailer.... It's going to hurt when the Sector 7 Pillar comes down, I already really like Wedge.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
So I took my own advice and isolated vocals and relayed the Bombing Mission track so that it was consistent. It was really annoying me. :monster:

I didn't take the additional scenes with the splices and Cloud/Barret walking because I didn't want to COMPLETELY rip the other guy off... just Shadeylane. :wacky:

I'm pleased that it turned out all right.

I'm quoting and bumping this because I put two hours of work into this while BF played Dragon Age and you will look at it damn it. :monster:

Top Bottom