• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

One-Punch Man [WSJ]

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I love literally EVERYTHING about this manga. It started off as a little webcomic (that you can read here: http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/ ) that went HUGELY viral on Twitter, and so Yusuke Murata -- who's a really talented manga artist -- reached out to do the art for a collaboration, and the result is just purely fantastic.

I binge read this a while back when it was first coming around and then recently remembered it and dove back into it. I'm through 5 of the 6 volumes that I have of it so far, and then I'll see if there's more, and if not, since it's ongoing, I'll be working in keeping current with it. Just… oh man, I think a bunch of you would enjoy this.

X :neo:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I remember reading part way though it. It's an interesting deconstruction of the superhero genre. I'll have to get back into it...

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
It's gotten really good, and it manages to still be really interesting and expanded its cast a little that helps the structure keep up its pace while also expanding the amount of action that is showcased. I'm past the point for the US-released volumes, and reading through the existing content on the internets. It's my goal to get caught up this weekend.

Also this was announced a month ago:

Translation from ANN:
Text: Have you lost a precious thing in exhange for power?

Text: Over 5 million copies in print.
Text: Web comic personality: ONE
Text: The strongest Jump successor: Yuusuke Murata
Text: The manga by the strongest tag-team
Text: Is at last being adapted into anime.

Text: Director: Shingo Natsume (Space Dandy, Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos)
Text: Series Composition: Tomohiro Suzuki (Tiger & Bunny, Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary)
Text: Character design: Chikashi Kubota (From the New World, Robotics;Notes)
Text: Animation production: MADHOUSE (Summer Wars, Hunter x Hunter)
Text: Makoto Furukawa (Gaist Crusher, Golden Time) as Saitama
Text: Kaito Ishikawa (Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet, Haikyu!!) as Genos

Text: A man who became too strong.
Text: A calm-type...
Text: Superpowered hero...
Text: It only takes ONE hit!
Text: ONE punch!

Saitama: "I took up being a hero for a hobby."

Text: An everyday knockout action premieres!

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So, I'm all caught up on the WSJ collaboration of One-Punch Man, and I'm considering reading through One's original comic from where that leaves off, but haven't quite decided if I'm gonna be patient, since they do minor retooling in the Individual WSJ releases and in the Volume & Digital releases, I can't decide if I'm throwing in for full story content, or if I'm gonna stall for the Story + Ultra HQ Art version.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Yup. Went and read the original comic. VERY worth it. Made it to Chapter 99… all caught up to current. The interesting thing is that despite knowing the story, I'm looking forward to seeing it again with all of Yusuke Murata's art (kind of the same feeling if watching an anime after reading a manga). So if anyone else does get in on this, I'd recommend jumping to the original webcomic when you run out of the collaboration manga.

The last arc with Garou did a really good job of building up all of the other S-class heroes, and the end confrontation between him and Saitama was a really awesome construction of story in an unexpected way. The constant tease of seeing what he's capable of constantly being held off is really well done.

I think that Metal Knight (Bofoi) is gonna be a big focus of this current arc, and I'm hoping that we get some stuff about Blast as well. Additionally, I'm curious about what Genos is going through after having doubt's about putting all of his strength into cybernetics. I'm hoping that we get a little step further on in his story.

All-in-all, I'm really impressed how many tropes that One manages to utilize effectively and keep the comic interesting.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I found these .gifs of the manga panels strung together, and dear god I can't overstate how beautiful they are:

e66253b77379c92527e254c294e244c71362610434_full.gif

6a0a16895fca0ebce3eacb787cc22b0d1362610839_full.gif

59b0c23c0f17add9ac586fcc9cf84d781362610868_full.gif

The anime has really been doing this series justice with the crazy amount of work that Madhouse is putting into it, too. It's everything that I ever could've hoped for. I am really curious what'll happen with it as a series of sorts, since they're fucking TEARING through the material so far at a breakneck pace.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The first season if the anime ended, and it is just perfect. Yusuke Murata promised to work extra hard to get enough material done to hopefully get them a second season. I'd guess by the end of 2016 we manage to have enough content to see if Madhouse will do a proper season 2. There're still 5 more OVAs to keep us going until then.

As for the Collaboration/Redraw manga: we're smack into Metal Bat's fight against the HUGE centipede and have moved into his confrontation with Garou. Meanwhile the ONE manga is up to all sorts of great shenanigans with Saitama and Tatsumaki.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The dub of the series is pretty well done. I'm not a fan of Genos' VA, but everybody else seems really well done so far. Additionally, I'm still loving the manga & webcomic whenever they release.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
soldier if you love OPM have you tried reading other webtoon, like tower of god? it's one of the best action stories out there.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Not sure. I still have yet to go through MP100.

The latest OPM Manga also finally introduced some of the Monster Association heavy hitters. I can't wait to see how beautifully rendered the next few bits are gonna be.

Also, there was this:

Top Bottom