Perseverance (Jessie/Clessie Club)

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
God why did you have to bump this wretched thing.

Guy's a fucking loon, plain and simple. I'm starting to feel like it's only a matter of time before he mails a pipe bomb to SE HQ or something. "From jessie with love."

For a while, I was in the “ignore him until he goes away” camp. But after getting attention from guys like BltzZ and Schrodingersbabyseal, it seems that ship has sailed (unlike Cloud & Jessie lmao). Nothing against those guys by the way, but I think the attention from them and their followers inadvertently bolstered his visibility.

Worst case scenario if something does happen IRL, at least his online behavior is well-documented. Harassing devs and VAs was toxic, but role playing as Jessie using her VA’s voice is next-level creepy.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

gag-disgust.gif

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i clicked on this thinking it'd probably be fanart or something, but with just the slight thought that it might be something else

sadly, something else

i haven't kept up with rebirth stuff and am just waiting for the game to be released, so i don't know what the hell half of that was about. were voice actors replaced or something? or is it literally just about being 'replaced' as the main heroine (a role she earned apparently unlike... tifa and aerith, pivotal characters to the original game's story). i'm sure claiming the devs are paedos because they're japanese will really help your case

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The latter. No one's been replaced between Remake and Rebirth (in English).

I haven't actually watched this cursed video, but hearing the oblique references to what is contained within it by you guys is a horror all its own, lol.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
then why is he addressing this to the english voice actors lol (briana = aerith i think, britt = tifa and suzie = yuffie?). they don't write the characters, what are they going to do. is one of them singing the theme song? or was that just playing into the 'jessie was an actor' part of remake's story like all the 'this is my play' stuff

watch the first one if you want to see a guy make an ai facsimile of the voice of a woman who plays a character he's obsessed with say 'fuck' or 'fucking' every second word to disparage a bunch of actors. or don't, that's probably better

hope he isn't directly harassing the actual actors and staff over this

Jessie Rito

Useless Lesbian
then why is he addressing this to the english voice actors lol (briana = aerith i think, britt = tifa and suzie = yuffie?). they don't write the characters, what are they going to do. is one of them singing the theme song? or was that just playing into the 'jessie was an actor' part of remake's story like all the 'this is my play' stuff

watch the first one if you want to see a guy make an ai facsimile of the voice of a woman who plays a character he's obsessed with say 'fuck' or 'fucking' every second word to disparage a bunch of actors. or don't, that's probably better

hope he isn't directly harassing the actual actors and staff over this
He is sadly

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
or is it literally just about being 'replaced' as the main heroine (a role she earned apparently unlike... tifa and aerith, pivotal characters to the original game's story).
or was that just playing into the 'jessie was an actor' part of remake's story like all the 'this is my play' stuff

That’s precisely it. He’s peeved that Tifa, Aerith, and Yuffie get to play the role of the princess in the Gold Saucer play since the Remake established that role was originally Jessie’s before she joined Avalanche.

Yes, he’s mad at a thing that was in FF7 over 20 years before anybody even thought about Jessie beyond “oh, she dead”.

His latest crusade was using an alt Twitter account to tag the devs and VAs with his usual lunacy, this time in character roleplaying as Jessie. He’s directly tagged Britt Baron (Tifa), Briana White (Aerith), and Suzie Yeung (Yuffie) demanding that they step down from their roles as a show of support for Erica Lindbeck (Jessie), who he feels was wronged by having her character’s role “taken” from her.

Even though this has been a thing in FF7 SINCE 19-FRIGGIN’-97.

Because if there’s anything a working actor would do willingly, it’s give up a job over some internet nobody’s obsession. I’m sure Jessie’s VA deeply appreciates him harassing her colleagues on her behalf AND while using her voice through an AI voice generator.

Jessie Rito

Useless Lesbian
That’s precisely it. He’s peeved that Tifa, Aerith, and Yuffie get to play the role of the princess in the Gold Saucer play since the Remake established that role was originally Jessie’s before she joined Avalanche.

Yes, he’s mad at a thing that was in FF7 over 20 years before anybody even thought about Jessie beyond “oh, she dead”.

His latest crusade was using an alt Twitter account to tag the devs and VAs with his usual lunacy, this time in character roleplaying as Jessie. He’s directly tagged Britt Baron (Tifa), Briana White (Aerith), and Suzie Yeung (Yuffie) demanding that they step down from their roles as a show of support for Erica Lindbeck (Jessie), who he feels was wronged by having her character’s role “taken” from her.

Even though this has been a thing in FF7 SINCE 19-FRIGGIN’-97.

Because if there’s anything a working actor would do willingly, it’s give up a job over some internet nobody’s obsession. I’m sure Jessie’s VA deeply appreciates him harassing her colleagues on her behalf AND while using her voice through an AI voice generator.
Of course after openly speaking how she is against AI ✨

Rankles

Pro Adventurer
Unsurprisingly, the account has now been suspended. Although I’m sure another one will be along shortly (if it isn’t already)…

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
Believe me y’all, I take no pleasure in resurrecting this ungodly monster but I figure it’s something we ought to be aware of. Yet another alt account has surfaced:

IMG_8919.jpeg

(The above post has since been deleted).

Now, I initially assumed it was an imposter trolling. But looking through the account’s brief post history, it’s blatantly obvious who’s behind this. Thankfully from the replies, more and more users have picked up on his posting style.

Just kill me already.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
This entire situation is disgusting. It's like listening to a hostage being forced to read a script, only it's a fictional character which is new territory.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I want Jessie back. She's a great character and occasionally I'd like to have a conversation about her without this individual being brought up. Whoever this person is, I hope he gets the help he needs and the situation gets defused before it escalates any further.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
I’m just praying I don’t wake up one morning to a report about this lunatic showing up to an FF7 event IRL and causing a stir. Surely he wouldn’t be that bold, right?

…Right?

I worried about this too, and now I'm just. Y'know. Wondering. If my cursed powers of prophecy is going to activate again and we'll hear news of him getting arrested in Japan because he decided to storm the SE building and assault whoever he can get his hands on.

His Axel Firestorm account is still around, so I wonder how long that will stick around since he publicly admitted that it's also his account.

gcarmona

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
PoH
This entire situation is disgusting. It's like listening to a hostage being forced to read a script, only it's a fictional character which is new territory.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I want Jessie back. She's a great character and occasionally I'd like to have a conversation about her without this individual being brought up. Whoever this person is, I hope he gets the help he needs and the situation gets defused before it escalates any further.
He ruined it for not only FF7 fans but specifically Jessie fans. It feel like I can't even bring up Jessie without the fanbase thinking it's Jairus.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
He pretty much turned people like me against Jessie. Way to fuck up a fictional character for all of us.

Guilty as charged.
I knew it sounded familiar!

I know I'm touching on a long-debated/intensely hated scene, but I just had a thought earlier today, when I came across the discussion about Jessie's bandana and glove. Don't kill me, I'm genuinely curious to hear thoughts.

The scene in question:
1710525608645.png
He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named absolutely poisoned the well around this, but something occurred to me that might have been discussed earlier, and I just never noticed it. At this point, we know Biggs is recovering somewhere. And that is clearly Jessie's glove. But why do we assume the bandana is also Jessie's? It's a red bandana; all 3 of the trio wore them. The only difference is the way in which they wore them:
1710525731862.png
You can wear the same bandana either way, it's entirely dependent on how you fold it. I should know; I've worn many bandanas in both orientations. And yet, it seems that everyone defaults to "Jessie's bandana". In reality it's "Jessie's glove" and "a red bandana." But really, if you were trying to pull something off of Wedge that is clearly "his thing", what would it be? A cat?
Here's my personal theory, and again, I'm not sure if someone else has already come to this conclusion. Biggs survived, Wedge and Jessie both died. The bandana and glove were meant to be seen as bits of Wedge's and Jessie's belongings, respectively. Like, someone took the time to dig them out or maybe remove them from their bodies, as a memento of sorts.

I realize this isn't directly Clessie-related, I'll move it elsewhere if'n y'all want.

EDIT: I suppose it's worth mentioning that I haven't finished Rebirth yet, so I have no idea if any insight is gleaned thusly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom