Planet's Guardian ~ Aerith Gainsborough

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
The original art: http://finalfantasyrealm.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/aeris2_official.jpg

They are clearly steel-toed and have defined bottoms, not dissimilar to the german-styled combat boot http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kampfstiefel-Bundeswehr.JPG but with a buckle instead of laces, and a lighter material than leather.

Since so much of FF7 is German inspired, I assumed that Aeris was wearing old combat boots -- probably Zack's. That's just speculation, though.

I see what you're saying. I think her boots are somewhere between Uggs and combat boots. Or some kind of hybrid of both. They're not quite as plain as Uggs, but less sturdy than combat boots.

Even though her artwork shows more combat boots, I don't recall them looking like that in-game. Bad graphics, I know. I guess I just never thought of them as combat boots.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Well the first "fanart" is actually a recreation/traceover of a cosplayer using Uggs, so idk if that counts...

Uggs would make some kind of sense since she was born in that snow village. ~connections~

But fuck it. Aeris was rocking Uggs before they were popular. Now girls in the mall are biting off her style, except worse because they like to wear them in the summer with shorts.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I think that artwork is Adele, which would explain why it's caught on. She's freaking ubiquitous.

mentaz

bubbles
lifeless_by_konoe_lifestream-d36gpue.jpg

http://konoe-lifestream.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/#/d36gpue

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
Was reading through some topic on some forum a few weeks ago discussing Aerith. Got me remembering how much of a kick I got out of a lot of Aerith's lines, her different gestures and stuff.

I wanna replay VII again soon. For like the twentieth time.

I looked through the thread a while back. Don't think I saw these. They're my favorite Aerith fanarts anyway, so if they are doubles, then :monster:

746e152a31594a59e8bb467354f5c34ccdddcef6.jpg

231769.jpg

231531.jpg

I like it when people try to draw a character doing something they'd actually do.

Last edited:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
OMG I'VE NEVER SEEN THOSE BEFORE. THEY ARE AMAZING. THAT ONE OF AERITH & RED <3 SO CUTE. I LOVE IT.

AND THE ONE OF AERITH AT THE FORGOTTEN CITY. BEAUTIFUL.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I love all three. I like how the second one references Red's comment on the Highwind about Aeris patting his nose and how he pretended not to like it. You can really see the love.

I'm a little weirded out by the look of the forgotten city, though. The buildings look too normal, it was my understanding that they were made out of giant conch shells. Other than that, all my favourite fan arts are of things that actually happen in game or might.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I found an excellent (and short) oneshot about why Aerith knows how to use a staff.

Slum Flower

Sometimes, just like she knows how to nurture a plant into flowering, she knows not to go down this or that street, or to put on a hood to hide her face in shadows, or to walk stooped and giggle crazily so the roaming packs of bored young thugs and Shinra militia will look elsewhere for entertainment.

Sometimes she doesn't.

Sometimes she doesn't know that it's going to rain, and she's just as surprised as others when dirty water starts filtering through the Plate; sometimes she doesn't know what is hidden inside a seed and instead of a fruit she gets a vegetable.

She doesn't know, this one time, that she shouldn't have stepped there, it's just a normal street and a normal day and she ends up running home with her arms crossed over the torn front of her dress.

Her mother has tried very hard to shield her from any awareness of sex, but it's everywhere, in everyone, every animal, every plant. She's always been aware of the cycle, in some way - seduction, conception, birth, growth, seduction; she just grew along her understanding of it. So when she realizes that while she's still slender and cute and non-threateningly tiny, she's also developing actual cleavage - when she pushes her arms together and leans forward, at least - she also understands that often, being a woman means having men want you.

Some men are good, and some are not, and in the Slums there are many who are not - many who have been refused so much that they believe they should just take instead of ask or they'll never have anything at all, and many more who wouldn't have asked even if they'd grown elsewhere.

And her white Materia still refuses to do anything, and Shield orbs are rather expensive, even if she wanted to risk climbing up to the plate to look for a shop that carries them. And she doesn't weigh enough for her punches to do much of anything. It made the guy who tore her dress laugh.

She doesn't like the idea of cutting up people - she would want to fix them - so knives and swords are out. She can't aim worth beans, and constant refills on munitions cost too much, so guns are out too. But the road sign at the end of that metal pole she picked up off the ground did build more than enough momentum to crash quite nicely in that man's face. And she appreciates the extra reach.

So sometimes, when she's done caring for her flower patch inside the church, she finds a broken off shingle, a broom handle, and she swings it around, and she learns how to keep her balance. She's never going to be great, she thinks, but all she asks of it is the ability to keep out of arm's reach of those rare people she's unwilling to touch.

Last edited:

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
Can I join? :)

Love this girl <3

I bring bribes.

200927-bd-1.jpg

57252-1.jpg

427439hana-1.jpg

11981863.jpg

12587025.jpg

16471021.jpg

Aerith fanart is always just so beautiful. :D

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
aerith_by_dawntwilight-d3ebddf.png

unf

by dawntwilight @ deviantart

Last edited:

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
That is seriously fucking hot. :pics:
17539365_p0.jpg

Albino Aerith is pretty.
aerith23-1.jpg

kdljfkl;fasj why is she so cute?!

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
OOOH! MY THREAD. IT LIVES. :reptar:

Welcome to the club, Ava. :awesome:

Should I update the first post? D: I'm sure I missed a lot of new joiners things people. D:

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
GAH. That last one...is so gorgeous. Her hair...her fjkfhqlawf;glo hair! D:

And her ass. :monster:

MOAR pics with girl and her awesome hair:

3-1.jpg

It's official; her Amano outfit is my fave outfit for her. Just look at all that gorgeous pink! What about everyone here? Fave Aerith outfit?

17494998.png

17910233_p0-1.jpg

aerbday-1.jpg

:joy: Chibi Aerith <3

Thanks for the welcome, I Am Not Me. :D Like Aerith, it came back to life. O_O

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
It's official; her Amano outfit is my fave outfit for her. Just look at all that gorgeous pink! What about everyone here? Fave Aerith outfit?

Her KH/CoM outfit. It's lovely in its simplicity - and the belt + bangles were a great touch.

And despite her portrayal in the game, I love her CC outfit. Nice to see her in some other color than pink (though don't get me wrong, I love the pink).

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Her CC outfit is so springy. It's definitely Aerith-like. Flowery, girly and cute. :)

Probably my second fave outfit for her. But, I think I liked all her outfits. I'm a girly girl, so I guess it's natural I would like all her cute/pink/stuff. :P

I can't get enough Aerith fanart. Drawing her is loads of fun, too. :D

aeriss.jpg

aerith-1.jpg

Aerithflowers.jpg

ff42.jpg

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
There's a FF7 fanfic I tried to write once, "Mother's Legacy", featuring Aerith as the protagonist. The idea is that Ilfana's escape attempt failed, and while she died Aerith was recaptured by Shinra. With Ilfana dead and Aerith too young for their Cetra experiments, Hojo decides to make due with what he has. Thus, with samples of Ilfana's blood taken from her dying body, Hojo injects Cetra blood into Jenova cells before implanting them in a host. He eventually begins the third branch of the Jenova Project, Project A, named for the first test subject - three guesses who.

Aerith is then raised in Shinra and eventually a SOLDIER, and grows up in Sephiroth's shadow as he is older and stronger than her. The story would have followed Aerith, Zack and Cloud in SOLDIER (Cloud makes it in as Project A has looser restrictions than Project S) and following a hybrid of Crisis Core and Before Crisis' storyline, with Genesis and Hollander allying with AVALANCHE and Elfe. The story would have also heavily followed Genesis' belief that LOVELESS is a prophecy that tells the second coming of Jenova, and the Prisoner, Hero and Wanderer mentioned in the poem are the three beings that will be instrumental to the coming conflict. Minerva also factors into the plotline. As for Aerith herself, being raised as a Shinra test subject, and going through SOLDIER with Hojo forcing her to live in Sephiroth's shadow, her personality is a bit....different. Though I haven't played FF13, I recall one reviewer's sentiments as "being raised in SOLDIER has turned Aerith into Lightning".

The story was pulled, but I posted a detailed summary on FFWiki, which I'll link to. I could also post excerpts of the first few chapters for anyone interested :monster:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/index.php?title=User:Drake_Clawfang&oldid=992516#Thought_of_the_Moment

Top Bottom