• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Possible to search for individual posts?

Flea

Lv. 1 Adventurer
When I do this to the specific user I'm appreciating it shows me only threads they've created. And for you I'm given posts down to August 11th of this year at the earliest, beyond those shallows thar be only threads.

Airling

Ninja-Fairy-Jedi-Princess
Yeah, I've noticed that according to the posts thing on my profile, I last posted in 2015 or something. It's probably been adding the stuff I've put up post move though. I've checked, and the posts still exist, so eh. Blobs of information about whom posted what when probably just didn't make it over so clean.

Last edited:

Fangu

Great Old One
I did a test run and yeah, my guess is the new forums doesn't do well with searching in posts migrated from the old forums. If I'm to guess, there are no separate search index tables to update either, but I could be wrong. @Cthulhu ?

There is a way to search for older posts, you need to put in an old date in the "newer than" box, but it still won't give you good results. Minato's tip is the one to follow.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
That's very likely; I think the import did update the search index itself to fit the new software, but now I'm not sure.

I can hit a button that will trigger a reindex (with a checkbox to remove the old); that will probably take a while to complete though, during which the search will be broken and the forums will suffer reduced performance. OK?

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Might be an idea to do a global announcement whilst it's ongoing, just in case. /pseudomod :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It's going on now, it's doing it at about 1000 posts per second so errrrr. Should be about fifteen minutes. I expect the search will be fooked during that, please be excited. er. patient? idk anymore :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
As it turns out it took longer because the thing kept timing out with a server error. It's completed now though; is the issue persisting?

Fangu

Great Old One
A search that gave me like 4 results before gave me 3 pages now, several posts from the same thread plus dating all the way back to like 2012. Looks to me like you fixed it :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Oh wow, that's good :monster:. Thanks for poking me about this, I can run it again later with less posts per page to hopefully not get any timeouts, I wonder if that's caused any issues (the timeouts were hard server errors)

Top Bottom