Prince of Persia -TEH MOVIE?!

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Is there a thread for this yet? If there is, slap me across the face and delete this. :hohum:

I've seen the preview and it looks decent... I really loved all of the games, so I'm excited. I'm not sure how I feel about Jake Gyllenhaal being the prince, though. :shifty: He doesn't really.... look like him at all.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Pretty sure I heard about this early last year. YOU'RE SO 2009 CELES GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
They couldn't have gotten an Middle-eastern actor to play a Middle-eastern character? Well, at least they made more of an effort than that silly Dragon Ball movie :/

Ghost X

How can you tell they made more of an effort? The film hasn't been released yet :P... has it? =P

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Oh god, don't remind me of that horrid Dragon Ball movie. xDD I don't think PoP will be THAT much of a failure... unless the PoP movie takes place in HIGHSCHOOL ALSO, rofl.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
They couldn't have gotten an Middle-eastern actor to play a Middle-eastern character? Well, at least they made more of an effort than that silly Dragon Ball movie :/

Teh prince wasn't all that middle eastern in the original either, tbf. I mean, he had aryan ubermensch written all over him, and he had a British accent.

(I actually got all the PoP games from the SoT triology in a box set last thursday or thereabouts)

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Teh prince wasn't all that middle eastern in the original either, tbf. I mean, he had aryan ubermensch written all over him, and he had a British accent.

(I actually got all the PoP games from the SoT triology in a box set last thursday or thereabouts)

*has not played any of the games :awesome:*

I simply demand more hot Middle-Easteners on my big screen dammit! :@ I admit I did have a certain lusty affection for Jake G. a couple of years ago, but it has since waned.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
I used to have like 5 posters of him when I was a teen. ;.;
I hope it is good, i'll probably check it out anyway, I loved the Sands of Time game.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
wut OARSUM

Yeah I herad about this ages ago. Unlike Dragonball Evolution which I was dead-set on renting as a hilarious budget DVD, I don't know about this one. On one hand, it's Jerry Bruckheimer, and he does okay stuff, but on the other hand despite the couple of okay videogame adaptations in the past few years, on the whole they don't have a great track record of being that great.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
When will people learn to just ignore these Hollywood video game adaption movies? It's the only way they'll ever go away.

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
When will people learn to just ignore these Hollywood video game adaption movies? It's the only way they'll ever go away.

Never. There's always going to be a paying audience for these poorly done films.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
The worst part is that there's so much potential for good adaptations, but because it's Hollywood you get stuck with mediocre stuff instead.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Max Payne was pretty good, imho. It wasn't done by a German fail, for one.

I enjoyed Max Payne, compared to the rest of the vid-game adaptations it's one of the better ones.

I refuse to comment on the Tomb Raider and Resident Evil ones, because those seem to have nothing to do with the original games in terms of story. :monster:

And I don't know why, but my brother has the novelisation of the Super Mario Bros. film. God that shit is lulz.

Top Bottom