problem.

Jarlix

Pro Adventurer
I'm Jarlix, the recently signed up guy, I lost my password and the password recover for some reason won't work.

I entered my email in correctly.

Jarlix

Pro Adventurer
Didn't work. Maybe gmail hates it or this site hates gmail, didn't get the email. You can even see my IP is the same across both accs too. Not sure what to do then. It's catatonoir[insertgmailsuffix] and it even says I entered it correctly.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Read that in the Imp's voice.
My work here is done.

I'd fix the problem but it looks like Clark Kent over there already got on it.

Now that this thread has been made I think I remember there being problems with email in the past. I should let Yop know about this, but he'll probably see this thread with or without my notification.

Fangu

Great Old One
Yeah the email thing has been broke for some time now. I've seen this as Yop's responsibility and IMO it's classified as Major. Although it's not for lack of trying, he just isn't able to figure out just what he needs to change in the server settings to make it work. And I guess VB isn't helping either.

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah, setting up a mailer in linux is something I haven't been able to figure out and I figured we'd be okay without it. For the front page, we have (iirc) a thingy set up that uses an alternative, php-based SMTP mailer thingy; not sure if that's available for vB.

Fangu

Great Old One
YOP FIX IT

IT IS ANNOYING

Edit: Advice from boyfurendu: Can't you use the server's ISP's SMTP server? Do you want me (read: us) to poke around with it?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Please do, :monster:. Not sure what ISP the server / host has (it's a Leaseweb dedicated server). Last thing I tried was to figure out the mysterious codez of the mail daemon's configuration files to have it use gmail's SMTP, but, no luck or obvious feedback about what has been done wrong.

Top Bottom