• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

R16: J-E-N-O-V-A vs. Battle at the Big Bridge

Which of these songs do you like best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer

vs.

Pick your favourite!

This poll will be open for two days, and the winner will make it through to the quarter-finals. The complete final 32 bracket can be found here.

For more information on this event, visit the discussion thread.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I like Jenova, really really like Jenova, but Battle at the Big Bridge is just amazing. I've love every remix of it too. It's just such a great, iconic piece.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
....J-E-N-O-V-A is losing....WHAT!!?!??! Who ARE you people??!?!??!

Kimbooo, we're the only sane ones around here. :kermit:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
J-E-N-O-V-A A-L-L T-H-E W-A-Y! BatBB is a cool song, but I like JENOVA better. :awesome:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm literally only voting to get Gilgamesh into the finals at this stage.

COME AT ME.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl

COME AT ME.

STAHP IT!!!!

giphy.gif

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare

COME AT ME.

You're not voting for Gilgamesh, you're voting for his theme song! :kermit:

Come to the dark side already and vote for JENOVA!!! :awesome:

RedFFWolf

Donator
I just killed Jenova-BIRTH on the Cargo Ship last night. The song is great in itself, but it's so much better during gameplay. I like BatBB (especially FFXII's version), but J-E-N-O-V-A gets my vote.

Last edited:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I went for Big Bridge just because I feel like it edges out JENOVA, ever so slightly. Both are awesome, but I love Big Bridge and especially what it's become in the later renditions.

Ghost X

If I haven't said it before, BatBB (this version of it anyway) doesn't actually do much for me. Draw your own conclusions as to which song I voted for from that, or just find out by looking, if you can be bothered :awesome:.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Before the final results of the previous round were confirmed, I put together a mock bracket to test out my spreadsheet. At that time, I had J-E-N-O-V-A as the number 2 seed, meaning it didn't come up against Battle at the Big Bridge until the semi-finals. As a result, I was able to include both songs in my personal top four. They're both fantastic.

In the end, Liberi Fatali and Fight On! both finished ahead of J-E-N-O-V-A, which has led to this matchup happening in the round of 16. If I had known how everyone else would vote ahead of time, then I wouldn't have voted for Fight On! to make sure this didn't happen. Or if one more person had voted for Battle at the Big Bridge, it could have been the 13th seed instead of Words Drowned by Friggin' Fireworks.

TL;DR: it sucks that one of these songs has to be eliminated so soon. I feel added guilt because the poll is on a knife-edge - I could tie things up with a vote for Big Bridge, but I'm not going to. Instead, I'm going to vote to knock out the only remaining song from the Final Fantasy V soundtrack, which I love, in favour of yet another Final Fantasy VII song. J-E-N-O-V-A is literally the only song I would do that for. Gah. Who came up with this stupid contest format anyway?

Edit: the synth solo in the Black Mages cover of Battle at the Big Bridge is pretty much the best thing they've ever done, in my not-so-humble opinion. Starts at 2:14 in the video below.

Last edited:

Monterosa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tom
J-E-N-O-V-A I could listen to for half an hour and still be engrossed in it. BATBB is starting to irritate me.

Lex

Administrator
^the thing I like most about the flint family is that when they say stuff like this I'm like 90% certain you actually sat and listened to both of them for half an hour

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
So this is tied and the poll closes tonight. I've never been a big fan of J-E-N-O-V-A and I just listened to Battle at the Big Bridge for the second time and didn't think it was all that great either. Do I go for the upset or not? Decisions.

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
Yo guys. Yesterday Zanarkand won Aerith's Theme and now Battle at the Big Bridge is beating J-E-N-O-V-A. I'm getting a bit worried here. Is there some kind of crazy fever epidemic on this forum? :huh:

Top Bottom