• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Read / Unread Topics

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Though obviously the materia orbs and the sidebar with the new topics point you in the right direction (or directly to it in the latter option) when you actually go into a section, I'm just finding it hard on my eyes to distinguish the difference between the two. I'm finding the colour difference to be very minor. Is there a way that this can be slightly tweaked to be more distinct? Or is it just me?

Lex

Administrator
This is what it looks like for me:

1534068987098.png

I think it's fair to say it's not super easy to distinguish - if more people chime in I could make the "unread" a bit bolder?

This is one of those things it's great to get feedback on because I literally just use the "New Posts" button rather than going in to any actual sections. I want to overhaul them anyway, the structure gives me a headache (and in some cases doesn't make sense).

I should say I don't disagree that it's hard to distinguish, just that it's not a problem for me because of the way I browse the board :monster:

And in general, happy to make as many adjustments as necessary, it is brand new after all :monster:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
originallook.jpg
Yeah, it's just really clear on the original theme, but it appears slightly more indistinct on TLS colouring. A bit more bolder, like you mentioned, could solve it if enough people have the same issue.

Lex

Administrator
I think, rather than making the font bolder, I might look at making the background a slightly lighter colour so it stands out more. That way it's super obvious without the text being too thick. Gimme a bit to work it out, I know there are options for it.

Lex

Administrator
@Claymore I slightly changed the colour, is that better? Haha

We can make unread titles any colour to really stand out.

Just to document it, added

Code:
.is-unread .structItem-title a {
    color: #5ccbed;
}

to extra.less

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
@Claymore I slightly changed the colour, is that better? Haha

We can make unread titles any colour to really stand out.

Just to document it, added

Code:
.is-unread .structItem-title a {
    color: #5ccbed;
}

to extra.less

@Lex Yes! That colour change sorted it out perfectly for me.

@Fangu Oh weird. It looks slightly sharper on mobile from that pic.

But yeah, thanks for that. :D

Fangu

Great Old One
Also it still looks a bit too much blue in my eyes... I wants that Lifestream green <3

Claymore, you sure it's not just your screen that is a bit poor re: colors?

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
@Fangu I don't believe so. I mean, take a look at this:

orginallook-main.jpg
Mobile definitely seems sharper with the colour because it's more compact. But on a full screen it just looks lost that the 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' topic has unread posts.

Fangu

Great Old One
Ah. Yeah. I see it.

Lex, can you make a lighter version of that color that is less blue? I can suggest one myself... when I'm less hung over and I can actually bother to get my laptop

Fangu

Great Old One
tbf I've always been a fan of hotpink. I use it all the time when I'm testing shit at work lol

Lex

Administrator
It's a very similar colour to the actual links, which are more blue than green. I just made it lighter. But I'll change it now to a more greenish colour and see how it looks.

Top Bottom