Remake Demo Listed on PSN (UPDATE: The Full Intro is on YouTube)

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
1. How dare you, why wasn't it me /s

2. What did you think?
Well, I'm still jazzed to play the game, so... I really enjoyed it. But bear in mind that the hands-on demo is a lot shorter than the leak version. Regardless, I was enraptured throughout the whole demo (AND I managed to beat the Guard Scorpion before I was shuffled out of the play area)
:cloudab:

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
I think there is a lot of nuance aswell to the gameplay. Braver seems like the default choice right? Good range, nice damage. Well turns it gives crap damage if the enemy isnt staggered. Focused Thrust is a goddamn broken ability lmao. It gives so much stagger "damage" it's amazing, but it doesnt scale that well. And of course elemental weakness. And thats all in one character: Cloud. Holy shit will this combat be amazing. I love Mitsunori so much

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but reddit user Jacien_V put together a cool combat controls guide for Cloud. (Beware of gameplay spoilers from the leaked demo! He shows some locations and encounters, but no story beats.)

This is pretty much exactly what I was hoping for from basic combat without using ATB bars. It doesn't need to be as deep as Devil May Cry or anything, but just giving some variety in how you press square to attack goes a long way. Looks like you can make some sweet combos with Cloud by switching between modes, and really make those big hits count with his berserk self-buff.

Plus, as someone who's watched a fair amount of demo leaks, it's so relieving to see someone who isn't straight up terrible at the game...

As I said, wasn't sure if this was the right place, so if it's too spoilery or anything just let me know.

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but reddit user Jacien_V put together a cool combat controls guide for Cloud. (Beware of gameplay spoilers from the leaked demo! He shows some locations and encounters, but no story beats.)

This is pretty much exactly what I was hoping for from basic combat without using ATB bars. It doesn't need to be as deep as Devil May Cry or anything, but just giving some variety in how you press square to attack goes a long way. Looks like you can make some sweet combos with Cloud by switching between modes, and really make those big hits count with his berserk self-buff.

Plus, as someone who's watched a fair amount of demo leaks, it's so relieving to see someone who isn't straight up terrible at the game...

As I said, wasn't sure if this was the right place, so if it's too spoilery or anything just let me know.

The Berserk buff off a standard attack is such a great touch, hopefully there's more stuff like that. It's one thing for the game to tell you how important status effects are, but it's even better for the player to find out by just interacting with them.

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
If this has been mentioned before, then my apologies. ^^U

There has been two people who had played the three hour demo mention something coming this week. Jessie Cox outright said on Twitter that he can't say anything until March 2nd. (I found his Tweet on the Wayback Machine because he deleted it). The other person is, from what I've heard, a popular German YouTuber who had uploaded this photo on Instagram:
ua5zsyjm1ij41.png

Someone had translated what he said as,
"My sword is huge
A video for FF7R coming on monday".

Thanks to the nice people at the FFVII Remake Reddit for putting this info out there! :)
Of course, what these people say isn't absolute, but I think it could be an indicator as to something being released soon.

Top Bottom