Remake Demo Listed on PSN (UPDATE: The Full Intro is on YouTube)

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
Kind of on the fence lol. I love that new game feel and it'd be great to save it for the full game. At the same time though, I really want it and will probably cave. I'm not very good at resisting demos, I quite often hop on the PSN store and try out demos for games I know I'll never play otherwise.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
It's funny that half of us are talking about spoilers for a game most of us have played already, but I do think there's some merit there. I want the remake experience to be fresh as soon as I pop the disc in my PS4. I don't want to prematurely experience that with the demo, so I'll hold off.

...Though, technically, since it'll be the Midgar sections only at first, isn't the whole remake a demo for the later parts? (of course not, but still lol)

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
I think there may be less familiar, remade content in the game than many realize and much more that is new, given how expanded Midgar has become. I don't think the sequence of events is going to be the same as the original, there's likely to be a lot interspersed in between it all, especially prior to the plate collapse to push it back until late in the game. And keep in mind that story changes have been confirmed, and I doubt that the watchmen are the only such change. So there's still plenty of room for spoilers, I think.

And it's quite possible that SE, in some ways, may take advantage of people's familiarity and knowledge of the original to flip certain things around and surprise us with the unexpected in order to keep us on our toes and get us to realize that we may not know as much as we think we do and that any knowledge of the original may only take us so far. That familiarity with the original lends itself to the expectation of things happening in a certain way, but SE may shift some things in order to deliberately play upon those expectations and throw them off, knowing that they are there and able to be exploited in such a manner.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
^ Nope :mon:
I want to minimize spoilers till I can actually play the game. Still, the demo is very tempting. *MUST RESIST*
I'll probably have to avoid a few forum threads in the near future though :doh:
Haha same here. Hopefully people will put "spoiler" in the thread titles

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
It's funny that half of us are talking about spoilers for a game most of us have played already, but I do think there's some merit there. I want the remake experience to be fresh as soon as I pop the disc in my PS4. I don't want to prematurely experience that with the demo, so I'll hold off.

...Though, technically, since it'll be the Midgar sections only at first, isn't the whole remake a demo for the later parts? (of course not, but still lol)
I think it's because there are going to be new elements to the game

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I have zero qualms about playing the demo repeatedly lol. I don't see how it's a spoiler when it's me experiencing a slice of the actual game :D

I'm looking forward to learning how to play it so I can hit the ground running in March!
I wouldn't mind playing a demo, if it was not actually apart of the story. But, I can see why you want to play it:)

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
I think there may be less familiar, remade content in the game than many realize and much more that is new, given how expanded Midgar has become. I don't think the sequence of events is going to be the same as the original, there's likely to be a lot interspersed in between it all, especially prior to the plate collapse to push it back until late in the game. And keep in mind that story changes have been confirmed, and I doubt that the watchmen are the only such change. So there's still plenty of room for spoilers, I think.

And it's quite possible that SE, in some ways, may take advantage of people's familiarity and knowledge of the original to flip certain things around and surprise us with the unexpected in order to keep us on our toes and get us to realize that we may not know as much as we think we do and that any knowledge of the original may only take us so far. That familiarity with the original lends itself to the expectation of things happening in a certain way, but SE may shift some things in order to deliberately play upon those expectations and throw them off, knowing that they are there and able to be exploited in such a manner.
That is a good point - SE did say the Midgar section would have a lot of fleshed-out and changed content, now that you mention it.

The point about them intentionally changing things to keep things fresh for old fans also makes sense. RE2:Remake, while being pretty accurate to the original in a lot of ways, was still different enough from the original that there would be spoilers regardless. Capcom took the same strategy that SE appears to be going for now.

I wonder how much of that'll shine through the demo, though.
Additionally, in something kind of off topic (but relevant to the overall thread), I wonder if the demo being released means we'll get model rips before the game even comes out.

Reactions: LNK

Squalionheart

Lv. 1 Adventurer
« Please! I do not want to be spoiled by the demo of this game! »
« What do you speak to me about an FF7 original game I have already play? Never heard about this game, sorry. »
:excited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer

I'd be surprised if that was the final splash screen for the game when it releases. While it's used on both US and JP sites, and continues to be used elsewhere and on goods.... it is outdated (note Sephiroth's pauldron design).

I downloaded and extracted the unencrypted files via a PKG viewer (won't link it so we don't have any troubles, easy enough to Google though). There's nothing we've not seen before, the other PNG is Cloud standing in-front of the Mako Reactor:

1577706876020.png

Last edited:

Saven

Pro Adventurer
I'm not, Square really really seems to like that pic for whatever reason and has used it everywhere. I was really worried it was gonna be the box art for the physical version until it was announced they were remaking the original's box art.

Based on the second pic though, we may be getting more of the Bombing Mission I hope.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I'm having a lot of emotions right now. On one hand, I know I'm gonna have to play this demo right when its released, otherwise I'll inevitably get spoiled, but on the other hand I kinda just want to play the whole game when it actually comes out... oh man.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It's just...so...perfect.

The additional time with Aerith on the street. The new ominous tone, those spooky choir bits. Meanwhile tiny things like that little "twinkle" in the song right before the title card is still there. I love the new interlude progression between the end of Opening and the start of Bombing Mission.
The full view of Midgar is still amazing. I love Biggs and Jessie quietly taking out the Shinra troop. Barret's disdainful tone of voice in calling Cloud down. All of it. It's just all perfection.
:'(

Saven

Pro Adventurer
It's just...so...perfect.

The additional time with Aerith on the street. The new ominous tone, those spooky choir bits. Meanwhile tiny things like that little "twinkle" in the song right before the title card is still there. I love the new interlude progression between the end of Opening and the start of Bombing Mission.
The full view of Midgar is still amazing. I love Biggs and Jessie quietly taking out the Shinra troop. Barret's disdainful tone of voice in calling Cloud down. All of it. It's just all perfection.
:'(

Yes, I noticed the sound effect that plays before the log as well! I was like "....THEY EVEN GOT THAT IN THERE!" What is going on here!? This is too good to be true!

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
I think I can hear something... Yes, it's the sound of steam blowing out from Nomura's ears. Imagine having your surprise demo not only leak its presence on a tracker website, but leak entirely and decrypted to be playable. I guess you don't have much of a chance when you're working on some of the most highly anticipated games ever lol.

Top Bottom