Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
I reaaaally hope ya'll are right. It's a war between cynicism and hope, which is I guess what being an FFVII fan has been all about, almost since release. The "wanting to join AVALANCHE and save the Planet" side of me thinks we'll have to get something, and the "just wanting to get out of here before security and the Roboguards come" side thinks we are screwed.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Apparently the FFVIIR/MobiusFF crossover utilized actual assets from the remake:

http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/c...final-fanatasy-vii-remake-collaboration-event

10. The MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY and FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE collaboration event will finally arrive overseas. Kitase-san, as the producer of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE, do you have any thoughts regarding this collaboration?

YK: The scale of development for a PS4 title is significantly larger compared to mobile titles, so it will take a little while longer to showcase the game to everyone. That said, I am extremely happy to be able to show one aspect of the game in this fashion before the main game arrives. This was made possible because the specifications of MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY allow us to utilize the data from FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE as is.

11. FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE is highly anticipated by fans worldwide. Will players be able to experience the world of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE through this collaboration event?

NH: Yes, we received 3D resources from FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE, which is currently under development, including Cloud, Guard Scorpion, and the Mako Reactor, which we then set up to fit within MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY. We are extremely proud that as of now, there are no other titles that express the universe of FINAL FANTASY VII as well as MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY. We would love for you to play the collaboration event as you look forward to the game’s release.

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
I'll definitely be wanting to watch the Mobius live stream then.

Has there been no more news on what's happening with the 30th Anniversary event? It's days away and I would have thought there'd be info on whether it'll be streamed live or not by now?

paleofan

Pro Adventurer
inb4 30th anniversary event turns underwhelming :monster:

I'm ready for the shitstorm

brought-some-pop-corn.jpg

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Is there a specific schedule (with international times) for when said press conference is set to be taking place? I may have a work conference on that day, and I wanna make sure that I'm paying attention when necessary things have a potential of being talked about.

X :neo:

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
I think it's still possible that great things can happen, it's just that Square is out of touch.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
R6ki8lK.png

22 hours, 45 minutes until we're all either going to be very excited or very disappointed.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
Right, going to bed super early tonight because I'm exhausted.

This thing begins at 8am tomorrow while I'm at work, so I'll keep an eye out for news but won't be able to post anything to the front page if any news comes at all.

I think we've reached a point where the well-known meme Yop just posted could be all we see of FFVII tomorrow. A logo and someone saying "please be excited for FFVII remake". Not that we'll even see that, because it's not bloody livestreamed wtf

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I think we've reached a point where the well-known meme Yop just posted could be all we see of FFVII tomorrow. A logo and someone saying "please be excited for FFVII remake". Not that we'll even see that, because it's not bloody livestreamed wtf

My guess is that they just want to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the original Final Fantasy game more than FFVII's 20th Anniversary and do that probably in private. I mean, it's a ten year gap between the two, and Square would want to celebrate the 30 years more than just the release of their seventh main title 20 years ago.

If that was the case, then today's gonna be a major dull disappointment.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I kind of imagine the opposite. Who there at SE has been around since the original FF?

For a number of these guys, FFVII made their career, or was the game that inspired them to get into game development. I can't help but think that, whatever the title for this event is, they must hold more fondness for VII.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I kind of imagine the opposite. Who there at SE has been around since the original FF?

For a number of these guys, FFVII made their career, or was the game that inspired them to get into game development. I can't help but think that, whatever the title for this event is, they must hold more fondness for VII.

Well, you don't have to have been alive when a certain 30 year old something has been around just to celebrate it, right? A lot of people who work for the Company still celebrate to keep the legecy alive. Some compinies do that.

On the other hand, you do have a good point since FFVII is still one of the best FF games out. Plus, Kitase, Nomura and whoever else he is that wrote the story(and who is redoing it for the Remake) are the only guys who have returned for said Remake.

But I think they'll talk about more on how the original game went and so on through out the last 20 years than reveal any more info on the Remake. Maybe just a teeny tiny bit, but we'll see. We'll probably find out more tomorrow for updates since events like these don't spread out internationally until a day later.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
The FF 30th Anniversary event is split into two showings, one at 5pm and the other at 6:30pm (Japan Time). Both will feature the same content. I'm going to assume one show will be an hour in length with the extra 30mins between shows being used to clear the theater and bring in the new attendees. Also, beacause this is a special closed showing for select fans, I don't believe any new trailers will be uploaded to the net until after the second showing (otherwise the second group of attendees will have the surprise ruined).

So, IF we do get a new VIIR trailer, I wouldn't expect it to be uploaded until 7:30pm-8pm Japan Time.

Source: http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/12...announced-promises-info-anniversary-projects/

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
I can't be disappointed by the event if I don't look up the news.
C2ixLTbUoAAMBCr.jpg:large

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
My perspective on the matter of the event

There's no reason to be excited about it because Square Enix doesn't want us to be excited about it. They haven't even mentioned it since its initial announcement (December 19th) so they certainly don't want to have any big spotlight on the event. It's a closed opening ceremony exclusively for a few chosen japanese fans to celebrate the 30th anniversary, not an E3 keynote.

Remember that this is the same company that was hyping up the announcement of Spelunker Z. If they had anything noteworthy to announce, we obviously would've heard "something" about it. But we're now over 6 hours away from the start of the event and it's still radio silence.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
They haven't even mentioned it since its initial announcement (December 19th) so they certainly don't want to have any big spotlight on the event.

Minor correction: FF7R was announced June 15th, 2015.

Not really relevant, but SE released a trailer for ACC specifically for VII's 12th anniversary. I'm gonna be optimistic. I'm not expecting a big unveiling or anything, just an update would be nice.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Crashing early to poke around at news around 1-2am my time. I'll hit this thread first. Also, set the SE Twitter, etc. up for notifications just in case.

X :neo:

Top Bottom