Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Seems to be catering to much to people's hopes and cynicism to be real, also doesn't make any note of the Cloud redesign talked about in the 30th anniversary Exhibition.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Idk, whoever wrote it referred to Aeris as the flower girl, maybe they're not that into FFVII but are hunting for E3 tidbits. I'm just not getting my hopes up TBH, that way if anything drops I can have a massively satisfied sexwee. :monster:

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Idk, whoever wrote it referred to Aeris as the flower girl, maybe they're not that into FFVII but are hunting for E3 tidbits. I'm just not getting my hopes up TBH, that way if anything drops I can have a massively satisfied sexwee. :monster:

Conversely, at that point in the game Flower Girl is what she’s known as; only moments later does she reveal her actual name. Which could demonstrate that the alleged leaker is a big FF7 fan who’s sensitive to these nitpicky things. Not necessarily saying I believe it’s a real leak, mind you.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
>starts with Tifa reveal [...] tits toned down a little bit, still big
Always important to mention this.

It'd probably be the most controversial part about the character - it was back when, and besides Lara Croft and err, that fighting game turned beach volleyball game with the crappy boob physics, there hasn't been much controversy of the kind.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i got a copy, it just has to be shipped now
this arrived today (with a little dint that runs through the whole pamphlet and i hate it and want a new one without imperfections); the quote about kitase going to uematsu seems to be the only substantial remake-related part (the only other reference i saw in the kitase/nojima/uematsu interview was talking about how the staff on the remake are people who played the game as kids and it had an impact on them).

Chances are I will want to buy that pamphlet, imperfections and all, from you someday :monster:

Thanks for going through all that and confirming the contents for us, hito! <3

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
At least Nomura is saying it's being worked on still. I suppose that's a tad better than no news.

Isn't that originally a The Verge article? The Verge and IGN articles say the same thing but the former posted one day earlier than the latter.

Seems misleading then that the IGN article reads "Nomura told IGN during an E3 interview". I suppose though Nomura may have spoken to IGN and Verge simultaneously?

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
With no mention of it being exclusive I just assumed that there must have been a press conference type thing at E3 and everyone is just claiming it was an interview with them. I personally don't like how The Verge's cookie policy keeps freezing on me so I didn't link them :P

Not sure what the original source is, but...

野村哲也さんによる『FF7リメイク』続報

次に情報をだすタイミングを計っているところ。
制作は順調。
アバランチメンバーも掘り下げるシナリオ
思っている以上に動いているので安心して続報を御待ちしていただけてば

・・・まだまだだ(笑)
Google Translate said:
Next FF7 remake by Tetsuya Nomura

Next time I am timing the timing to put out information.
Production is going well.
AVALANCHE members can also drill down into scenarios
Since I move more than I expected, if I wait for the continuation report with confidence

...It is still a long time (haha)

The above is being quoted on bigger sites but again the lack of a source is frustrating.

Thanks to aibo for the first Twitter share.

EDIT: Thanks to Chip for finding an article that refers to the original source: Famitsu.

■FF7リメイクについて

・次に情報を出すタイミングを図っている。

・方向性は内製に変更する前にほぼ決まっていて、順調に制作を進めている。

・シナリオは当時の雰囲気を残しつつ、アバランチメンバーを始めとするキャラを深く掘り下げていたりもする。

・思っている以上に動いてはいるので、安心して続報をお待ちいただきたい
Google Translate said:
About FF7 Remake

· We are trying to get the next information.

· The directionality is almost decided before changing to in-house manufacture, and we are making progress smoothly.

· Scenarios are also deeply digging in characters, including Avalanche members, leaving the atmosphere at that time.

· Because it moves more than you think, please wait for continued report with confidence

Last edited:

pxp

Pro Adventurer
A slightly more friendly translation from Valkyreo at gamefaqs

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/168653-final-fantasy-vii-remake/76732278

&#8220;We&#8217;re trying to figure out when we will put out the next news release.&#8221;

&#8220;Production is going well.&#8221;

&#8220;The scenario will also delve into the members of Avalanche.&#8221;

&#8220;[Development] is moving along more than expected, so please wait for the next news release with peace of mind.&#8221;

Final Fantasy VII Remake is in development for PlayStation 4.

&#8220;The direction was pretty much decided upon before we changed to internal development, and production is going well.&#8221;

&#8220;While preserving the atmosphere of the original, the scenario will dig deeper into the characters, including members of Avalanche.&#8221;

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Posted the following elsewhere, but thought I'd add it here too.

At the beginning of this year, "Kitase stated in [an] interview that the game’s development is going well. When asked about his goal for 2018, he explained that [for] the remake he’d like to work on “comfort,” he then made it into a pun by mentioning that on a personal level [he] hopes to take it easy (using the same word, “raku” which means “ease” or “comfort”)."

Source: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01/11/development-final-fantasy-vii-remake/

Given what's gone on in the interim (FF30th Anniversary Gallery; news of design changes to Cloud and Avalanche members; KHIII release date; E3 no-show; snippets of information here and there, such as the news in this present thread), are there any new theories as to what Kitase meant by "ease" and "comfort"?

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
“The direction was pretty much decided upon before we changed to internal development, and production is going well.”

Hopefully that serves as definitive proof that they didn't scrap everything when they moved development internally.

I wouldn't say definitive proof just yet. He just mentions the 'direction' was decided upon before the in-house change. We still know nothing of the CC2 assets really.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
“The direction was pretty much decided upon before we changed to internal development, and production is going well.”

Hopefully that serves as definitive proof that they didn't scrap everything when they moved development internally.

I wouldn't say definitive proof just yet. He just mentions the 'direction' was decided upon before the in-house change. We still know nothing of the CC2 assets really.

It reads like a big hint at the very least that the move in-house has not derailed the project substantially. Although it could just as easily be 'bending the truth', shall we say, to save face.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
True, but it also seems like something that didn't necessarily need to be brought up, and it seems like it was mentioned explicitly to calm fears about that transition.

X :neo:

pxp

Pro Adventurer
True, but it also seems like something that didn't necessarily need to be brought up, and it seems like it was mentioned explicitly to calm fears about that transition.

X :neo:

Sure, but it works both ways: it doesn't necessarily need to be brought up, granted, but it assuages people's fears to say what they want to hear whether it's true or not.

Edit: Especially when it's said quite vaguely, as in this case.

Defeatable

Rookie Adventurer
Given what's gone on in the interim (FF30th Anniversary Gallery; news of design changes to Cloud and Avalanche members; KHIII release date; E3 no-show; snippets of information here and there, such as the news in this present thread), are there any new theories as to what Kitase meant by "ease" and "comfort"?

The cynic in me wants to believe that "comfort" means "we didn't actually do jack sh*t this year."

pxp

Pro Adventurer
New Nomura quotes on announcing games &#8216;too early&#8217;:

&#8220;Deciding when to announce your game to the public is always difficult. I understand why some companies wait as long as possible, and I definitely think it's a good thing for them. But in our case, we receive pressure from the fans even when we do not announce anything. They're always asking us "are you working on this?" or "why don't you make a sequel for that?". Even after the announcement, the situation does not change, because then they'll move onto asking us "when will it release?" or "when will you show a new trailer?".

People are waiting for new information regardless of whether the game has been announced or not. It's great when we manage to keep it secret for as long as possible, but these days, a lot of important projects become victims of rumors and leaks. Honestly, I prefer that we officially reveal one of our games instead of seeing a leak or a rumor circulating online. Especially when part of the development is outsourced to other companies, there is always the risk that people outside the in-house team will spread information and images online. It is even worse when, during the development, a fake rumor sprouts that people start to believe, and it becomes necessary to decide whether to answer and deny.

The same thing happened with the remake of Final Fantasy 7. I am well aware of the fact that we announced it too early, but even in the industry, word was beginning to spread that we were working on the game, so we just decided not to keep it more secret and officially reveal it.&#8221;

Source: https://www.khinsider.com/news/Nomu...roperties-dealing-with-leaks-and-rumors-12569

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
... or "when will you show a new trailer?".

Yeah, funny how people will ask for that after you don't show anything new on the project in what feels like a million years. :mon:

Game development takes time, everyone understands that - it's the absolute radio silence that can piss people off.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
... or "when will you show a new trailer?".
Game development takes time, everyone understands that - it's the absolute radio silence that can piss people off.

Absolutely, though I feel as if the radio has been a little less silent in the past few weeks? Lots of 7:R tidbits in amongst the KHIII publicity. Seems like they're well aware of the post-E3 backlash; almost as if they're in damage-limitation/placating mode.

Would obviously prefer something more substantial though (but not expecting it until E3 2019 tbh)!

Top Bottom