• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Thanks for the heads up. I’m only on chapter 3. Wasn’t inclined to play it really, but I couldnt say no to the Royal Edition for £17.99!

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Job Posting Confirms that – Just like FFXV – FFVII Remake Will Have ARPG Elements

Nowai_owl.jpg

X :neo:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
okay so this could be old but can someone explain further than what tumblr is assuming? they're saying that nomura said that the RM won't be related to the compilation, which just seems way too dumb to be true.

https://cintang.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F173400344776

Yeah, this has been known for a while now. Basically, they are 'reforging' canon as they go along with the remake of the original VII, so parts may / may not align completely with the compilation, hence why it may no longer be considered canon.

What exact parts might be erased or altered completely? We'll have to wait and discover. Personally, as others above have stated, this doesn't concern me in the slightest. Tear it apart I say, lol.

Last edited:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
That’s pretty old news, anyways the question was more concerned with whether there would be HD ports of the Compilation game titles (which presently there is none for understandable reasons). IIRC the “canon” part got blown out of proportion, Nomura was basically stating that the Remake wouldn’t be super pendantically beholden to the Compilation (which isn’t surprising as not even the Compilation is super beholden to itself), not that it was officially “decanonized”, especially since other interviews have also stated the Remake is liable to incorporate Compilation elements too.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
i guess i am on the unpopular side of loving all the compilation then, lol.

that aside, though, that's more of what i was thinking Theo. it probably won't be tiptoed to stay within the compilation, heck there may be some parts of the compilation they are looking at now and are scratching their heads like "What were we thinking..." and make some adjustments. but that "for the moment" in his last sentence was really telling for me so i don't believe everything will be thrown out the window, not after all that work. makes not a bit of sense.

although, it's nice that you noted that the compilation has at least some bit of contribution to the game in recent news. that gives some relief.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato

that aside, though, that's more of what i was thinking Theo. it probably won't be tiptoed to stay within the compilation, heck there may be some parts of the compilation they are looking at now and are scratching their heads like "What were we thinking..." and make some adjustments. but that "for the moment" in his last sentence was really telling for me so i don't believe everything will be thrown out the window, not after all that work. makes not a bit of sense.

although, it's nice that you noted that the compilation has at least some bit of contribution to the game in recent news. that gives some relief.

I mean, Cloud's SOLDIER uniform and the Shinra MP's uniform are clearly the updated look from the Compilation, they'll most likelt keep VA's most like the same as well. They just won't feel beholden to plot points introduced to the Compilation. They'll do what they'll do to tell the story they won't.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Come on guys, the compilation wasn't THAT bad :okay:

Thankfully I'm not the only one who loves all of the Compilation. Guess that's makes the three of us, but at least I know that there are other people who love those titles.

Lex

Administrator
I'll save people the trawl through this whole thread (because I'm sure it contains every official snippet said about the remake) but at first Nomura talked about being able to incorporate the wider canon of the compilation into the remake (but not as specifically as that), then somewhere else he said something wishy-washy about not being limited by it. The truth is we don't know, but most likely they'll ignore the compilation.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
See, there's certain aspects of the compilation that it retconned events that shouldn't have happened... like Genesis being at the Nibel reactor when Sephiroth goes cray cray. Sure, that was an unnecessary thing to add to the iconic moment but don't just wipe out Genesis either.

Kingdom Hearts530

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Heart/Sam
Thankfully I'm not the only one who loves all of the Compilation. Guess that's makes the three of us, but at least I know that there are other people who love those titles.

*agressively raises hand*

HI HELLO I ADORE THE COMPILATION

Seriously though, Crisis Core was my like first final fantasy and shit. I don't understand all the hate at all. Plz don't wipe out all of Crisis Core, Nomura. Zack needs Angeal in his life. I need lots of Zack content in my life.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I'll save people the trawl through this whole thread (because I'm sure it contains every official snippet said about the remake) but at first Nomura talked about being able to incorporate the wider canon of the compilation into the remake (but not as specifically as that), then somewhere else he said something wishy-washy about not being limited by it. The truth is we don't know, but most likely they'll ignore the compilation.

Which is very sad, because the Remake will have it's own continuation like the current Pokemon movies being it's own alternate continuation, yet Dissidia NT still acknowlages the Compilation's existance.

See, there's certain aspects of the compilation that it retconned events that shouldn't have happened... like Genesis being at the Nibel reactor when Sephiroth goes cray cray. Sure, that was an unnecessary thing to add to the iconic moment but don't just wipe out Genesis either.

Well, maybe they might, and that's a very unlikely "might", just have Sephiroth or Tseng think about Genesis, but I doubt, if they do add parts of the Compilation, that Cloud would be focusing on remembering Genesis. His main enemy is Sephiroth, just as Genesis was Zack's main enemy, but that moment at Nibelhiem is the most important thing.

Though they could add him as a secret boss or something. Same with Deepground and maybe add in flash-backs of the BC Turks for the three original Turks-Tseng, Reno and Rude-but again, as Lex said, most likely they'll ignore the compilation in the remake.

*agressively raises hand*

HI HELLO I ADORE THE COMPILATION

Seriously though, Crisis Core was my like first final fantasy and shit. I don't understand all the hate at all. Plz don't wipe out all of Crisis Core, Nomura. Zack needs Angeal in his life. I need lots of Zack content in my life.

Sorry, my bad. That makes four us, then. Or very likely much more than that if anyone else wants to raise their hands on who is a fellow lover of the Compilation.

I want Before Crisis to be acknowlaged as well as the game to be remade in full HD CGI game. I don't want any of the Compilatin titles to be erased. Please keep it in existance. Plus, I love Zack too. He's one of my favorites.

Top Bottom