Remake Merchandise

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
Hoping a Zak PAK figure will come out which will be a better Buster Sword I can swap out.
If Zack's new figure ever comes out, I'm sure it will be a best-seller.
And then even maybe my jokes about Zakkura package deal will not be jokes any longer :mon:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Nah, we don't know Genesis's mother. After Gillian was injected with Jenova cells, Genesis had Gillian's genes mapped onto his while still in the fetal stage. But we don't know who his biological parents are. Angeal was actually bred inside Gillian's body and that's why he ended up being "perfect" (though a bit mentally unstable if you ask me).

EDIT: This post has made me realize I can recite most CC scenes by heart... and I don't even like CC.

OK, I see. I just can't see SE not including Genesis since he was such a big part of project G. Angeal too

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Even if they still acknowledge his existence, I don't know how that's even relevant since he spends all of FF7 asleep under Midgar.

Although I know that with our Part 1 ending now ~anything can happen~
cant-wait-gif-19.gif

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
That same timeline mentions various plot elements from before crisis and dirge of Cerberus, so it's not like they were avoiding compilation lore. Leaving out Genesis seems very deliberate, they also don't mention the specifics about before crisis' version of Avalanche either, just that Rufus attempted to assassinate his father.

Probably shouldn't read into it too much, but it could point to what compilation stuff they're planning on incorporating vs what they won't. They straight up explain Zack and his relationship to Cloud so it's not like they're avoiding spoilers.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Even if they still acknowledge his existence, I don't know how that's even relevant since he spends all of FF7 asleep under Midgar.

Although I know that with our Part 1 ending now ~anything can happen~
cant-wait-gif-19.gif
Oh I still hope they follow the main path of the OG. I wouldn't want Genesis shoe horned in part 2 just to satisfy fans. But, I wouldn't mind him in there during a flashback scene. Maybe during an extended Nibelheim incident scene.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
You know, I unironically want the Crisis Core LOVELESS locket. Surprisingly that single piece of Genesis merchandise has vanished from the secondary FFVII market and it was cheap as fuck at the time. It's now gone. Kinda funny but strange.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
Oh I still hope they follow the main path of the OG. I wouldn't want Genesis shoe horned in part 2 just to satisfy fans. But, I wouldn't mind him in there during a flashback scene. Maybe during an extended Nibelheim incident scene.

The Nibelheim scene is the one place I absolutely do NOT want Genesis in. I don't care about him otherwise, but his presence during the incident as told from CC's perspective was absolutely whack.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
The Nibelheim scene is the one place I absolutely do NOT want Genesis in. I don't care about him otherwise, but his presence during the incident as told from CC's perspective was absolutely whack.
I hear ya. SE can change it around a little bit. As long as it fits within what they're doing, I don't care how its done.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
So I'm not the only one who thinks the V2 Remake Cloud's hair looks like pasta...? :monster:

I'm gonna look at it for myself but I legit have been having weird feels over it's hair and style. In fact, another Japanese figure reviewer examined this issue and had a unique fix for it.

I legit might have to do this, to at least make the style fit. But I really feel like V-1 had a better hair sculpt. Face-wise V-2 is an improvement in some ways, but the hair effect is just off to me.

As for V2 Barret, it's like heaven and earth. V2 is soooo much better.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
So I'm not the only one who thinks the V2 Remake Cloud's hair looks like pasta...? :monster:

I'm gonna look at it for myself but I legit have been having weird feels over it's hair and style. In fact, another Japanese figure reviewer examined this issue and had a unique fix for it.

I legit might have to do this, to at least make the style fit. But I really feel like V-1 had a better hair sculpt. Face-wise V-2 is an improvement in some ways, but the hair effect is just off to me.

That does look a lot better, but I'm afraid I'd mess it up lol.

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE

I feel ya - the V2 face is certainly better, but the hair on V1 is far better defined so the latter wins out overall. Only thing wrong with V1 I'd say is the hair isn't quite the correct colour, which could be fixed with a repaint I suppose.

Top Bottom