Rumor: Kingdom Hearts HD remake to be announced at E3

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
http://www.examiner.com/article/rumor-kingdom-hearts-hd-remake-to-be-announced-at-e3

An extremely popular videogame franchise that has not yet seen a release on current generation consoles, is that of Kingdom Hearts. Although we have not seen or heard any sort of news on a possible development of a Kingdom Hearts sequel coming to current-gen consoles, we have received word today that we may be receiving an HD Remix Collection for the PS3, Wii U, and PS Vita.

This news should be taken as a rumor, but we have received word that this collection will be revealed at E3 2012. As for which titles will be included in this collection, it seems that Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days, and Birth By Sleep will be included. Our source states that each of these titles will be receiving a high-definition remake along with new quests that tie together each of the titles.

The Kingdom Hearts franchise was wildly popular on past consoles, as well as current portable device. This is one of the big hits that has not seen any presence on current-gen consoles, as fans anxiously await news of its debut. As for this HD remake, this is all the information that we have received on the topic. E3 will be beginning next week, hopefully we will be acquainted with the official announcement of this Kingdom Hearts HD Remix collection.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Wasn't there a fake Versus announcement floating around? I think someone is trolling Squeenix fans- I don't see any reason why they would HD remake Birth by Sleep.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Wasn't there a fake Versus announcement floating around? I think someone is trolling Squeenix fans- I don't see any reason why they would HD remake Birth by Sleep.

Probably. But figured might as well post it since y'never know... although probably fake.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Well, Nomura did say "I do have an interest in HD versions, and I’m currently researching them. If it is possible, I would like to do something about the series being spread over so many different consoles, too."

But whether something's gonna come from that...we'll see in a week, I guess?

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
It would make sense if they re-released Birth by Sleep in HD since it will now be on the PS3 and not the PSP. Lots of PS3 customers don't have the handheld companion so putting BBS on this new, ported collection would be smart and appreciated.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I have a better idea, make Kingdom Hearts 3 already. This is probably fake but I would like to play KH 1 & 2 again.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
So, do they really mean remake, or is it actually a just a remaster?

FFX proved that most people don't seem to know the difference...

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Remaster. Although the rumor has been updated to say that Days would be remade with PS2 style graphics. Makes sense for a DS game but makes this thing look even more unlikely.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Ugh. Ok I never played a Kingdom Hearts game because the thought of Sephiroth chillin' with Goofy made my toes curl up my legs and go up my arse. However. Why don't they just make a new KH game for the current generation of consoles? What is the point, especially as its just another remaster? Why can't SE just pull their heads out of their asses and make some good new games? Why do I persist in asking these questions?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Ugh. Ok I never played a Kingdom Hearts game because the thought of Sephiroth chillin' with Goofy made my toes curl up my legs and go up my arse. However. Why don't they just make a new KH game for the current generation of consoles? What is the point, especially as its just another remaster? Why can't SE just pull their heads out of their asses and make some good new games? Why do I persist in asking these questions?

Sephiroth barely has a presence in either game. He and Goofy don't exactly "chill." You can't even have Donald and Goofy with you when you fight him in either game. You have to go it alone with just Sora. :monster:

Ghost X

This news or rumour of news does not arouse me at all. I like to be aroused :closedmonster:... make KH3, dag nabbit.

MissPlasticFlower

Lv. 25 Adventurer
The only one HD remake/remaster that would interest me would be the Re: Chain of Memories but only because they never released that in Europe so I never got a chance to play it.
Otherwise, does the Kingdom Hearts series really need a HD version? I don't think it's dated all that badly, especially since it's in cartoony/anime style. 358/2 Days was really ugly though, lol. But even though Xion is one of my favourite KH characters I do NOT want to play though all of Roxas's tedious missions again even if the gaphics were really pretty.

Top Bottom