Rumor of creators saying Vincent and Lucrecia's relationship was sexual?

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
Hey guys.

So before you go "Oh jfc there's Ravynne going on about her VinLu delusions again," let me state that I am on the skeptical side of this but wanted to confirm.

So I recently read this in someone's character bio on a Vincent Valentine RP blog on Tumblr:

Eventually, [Vincent and Lucrecia] kind of fall for each other (the creator said they had sex at one point, but it’s never explicitly stated, so it’s not in my canon).

Needless to say I raised an eyebrow and—being me—had this brief exchange with the person:

I said:
Hi! I was just reading your character bio page. Where/when did the game creators say that Vincent and Lucrecia had a sexual relationship? Do you have a citation for this? Thanks!

they said:
Hoo boy. A looooooooong time ago someone linked me to this early interview, but it’s been taken down. I kind of just left that in parentheses because people will disagree with it. :\ like me tbh. Apparently they were supposed to have done it beneath that tree where she brings him the picnic basket.

I said:
Ahh. Funny, I just read that in someone's headcanon recently, too. But the reason why I asked is because I've been fairly involved in following the archiving of FF7 canon stuff on the web, and especially canon pertaining to Vincent and Lucrecia, and I've heard nothing about that ever. So unless there's still a link to it or the folks at TLS have been letting me down for 7 years, I'm inclined to believe that's fanon.

So, yeah. No one's heard of this supposed interview ever, right? Or do I need to start doubting your collective loyalty to my obsessions.

I find it hard to believe that if such a thing existed that a) TLS wouldn't have it, and b) no one would have brought it up in discussion on the forums before.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I'm just waiting for Tres or Ryu or someone to shed light on this, but it sounds a little like fanon to me. Or else perhaps something that was originally going to be in the game but got changed (like Aerith and Sephiroth being former lovers)

But I think it would have been better if they had, and that Vincent thought there was a strong possibility of him being Sephiroths father. (I know the game sort of alluded to that 'The one who should have slept was YOU Hojo!' like it was some big reveal but the game fucked up a lot of things :monster: )

I've reached the point where I prefer Square Enix not to making rulings on canon. If they didn't specifically say that Vincent and Lucrecia did sleep together (or didn't), then you're free to decide either way, and both are equally valid.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
As far as I can recall, I heard none of this sex talk underneath a tree nor any interviews with the staff relating to any sexual relationships with Vince and Lucrecia. Basically, he got friendzoned after the tree picnic thing and afterwards she ran off with Hojo to have Sephiroth.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
So wait a minute. If Lucrecia and Vincent had sex... then that means there's a possibility that Sephiroth is Vincent's kid? (there's some joke about a mastered condom materia, but I'm not clever enough to make it)

But maybe it's just because I was a teenager when I played DoC but I'd always assumed they'd been intimate. Not that love always has to be physically consummated but think about the position that puts Vincent in.

All joking aside, suppose Vincent knows that there is a possibility that Sephiroth is his son. Would you want some nutty doctor injecting your child and the love of your life with JENOVA cells?

Again, so far just unconfirmed fanon, but it would be interesting.

Ravynne Nevyrmore

AKA
Ravynne
Guys I'm not asking what I may or may not believe re: Vincent and Lucrecia's relationship. :lol: I'm well aware of the canon story, have my own headcanons that fill in the blanks, etc. That's not what I'm asking.

I'm just asking if anyone's heard of this supposed interview before.

If anyone wants to chat VinLu with me I'd be glad to share both my personal opinions/additions to the story as well as where canon covers and ends, but I'd rather not get off track from what I'm asking here: Does the interview exist? Does anyone have any reason to believe the interview might exist? Does anyone have solid reason to believe it does not exist?

Thanks. :monster:

Lex

Administrator
The only thing I can say is that they haven't really been known to talk in specific detail like that, so I'd have to say for now that I believe it doesn't exist.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
'an interview' is too nebulous a source to be of much use. was it an interview in a book? a magazine? from around ffvii's release? compilation era? who was interviewed? there must be hundreds of interviews, and without anything more concrete trying to confirm its authenticity seems more trouble than it's worth.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Doesn't sound familiar to me. Nothing does say whether they did it or not, so it could go either way.

Ravynne Nevyrmore

AKA
Ravynne
Thanks. That was my thought too.

The only thing I could think of that is even in the vein of them ever saying anything like that was when they mentioned that Cloud and Tifa's Highwind scene was originally going to be a "much more risqué" scene of them surreptitiously coming out of a chocobo stable. But that's the compilation's main pairing and they'd barely even admit that, so I couldn't see them saying anything similar about Vincent and Lucrecia.

If anything, I could see them maybe saying something vague about the scene and/or its significance to the characters that fans might have interpreted to mean "they slept together," and maybe someone's imagination ran away with it (similar to how people will state things like "Vincent totally canonically told Lucrecia he was over her at the end of DoC" instead of "I personally interpret the ending of DoC to mean that Vincent is over Lucrecia"). I could also see it being something that someone just completely made up, since I thought we would have had any interviews like that, or that at least some hint of it would have floated past our noses by now if even an interview that said something that could be misinterpreted to mean Vincent and Lucrecia slept together existed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom