Sherlock Holmes

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Folks saying Holmes wasn't actiony, or a ladies man, or used guns (The man SHOT HIS MANTLE, FOR SHITS AND GIGGLES) might want to reacquaint themselves with the source.

Granted, this might take it too far, but it's not coming out of nowhere.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Uh, he wasn't a ladies man. Ever.

He was occasionally actiony and used the occasional pistol, but that was about it. He was more into CQC, tbh.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Sherlock uses CQC??? :monster:

Well I'll be damned if they use a guitar solo on those explosions too. Judging by the trailer's amount, there has to be a guitar solo at one point in the film for giggles.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Yeah. He was a fucking boxer at one point, and also was an accomplished fencer. Tho he never did use a sword...or, at least not in the stories printed in The Strand, and Hound of the Baskervilles =/

Holmes always looked clean-shaven in the illustrations, tho. And did you ever notice how most of the time, Watson was the muscle? :monster:

I'd ask for a Lupin movie, but apparently they made one just last year, sooo...great justice.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Holmes never used a sword, be he is described as being a sword master at one point.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Tony Stark is descended from Sherlock Holmes y/n?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yeah. He was a fucking boxer at one point, and also was an accomplished fencer. Tho he never did use a sword...or, at least not in the stories printed in The Strand, and Hound of the Baskervilles =/

Holmes always looked clean-shaven in the illustrations, tho. And did you ever notice how most of the time, Watson was the muscle? :monster:

I'd ask for a Lupin movie, but apparently they made one just last year, sooo...great justice.

Well, they make a Lupin movie every year, just a different Lupin.

And Keen, perhaps we are meaning different things by Lady's man, but Holmes was quite often the charmer.

But I do agree Watson was more the 'muscle' than Holmes, though not for lack of capability on Holmes' part.

null.

Pro Adventurer
And Keen, perhaps we are meaning different things by Lady's man, but Holmes was quite often the charmer.

Sorry, gotta completely disagree. He was utterly disinterested in women - and, well, interest is the key ingredient of any lady's man - and equally charming to all.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Sorry, gotta completely disagree. He was utterly disinterested in women - and, well, interest is the key ingredient of any lady's man - and equally charming to all.
The only time when I remember him being interested in a woman - it's been years since I read it so I quite don't remember the whole thing or her name - was when a woman managed to steal something he was supposed to protect. Or something like that. Well, he was in admiration, that is :monster:

Other than that, yeah, I can't remember one single time where he actually shown any interest in women.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Correctamundo. "The woman" to him was the thief in the very first story he appeared in ("A [something] in Bohemia").

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
WELL HELLO SEQUEL

Not quite as fresh an idea anymore as it was in the first place, but HEY at least we know exactly what we're getting this time

But even though there's more action, more guns, more explosions (MACHINE GUN BRBRBRBRRBRBRBRBRBR) it's shaping up to be just as consistent as the previous film since they're also stepping up the mystery to include MORIARTY. (And Stephen Fry as Mycroft, hells to the yes)

So here's to hoping that it's everything about the first movie ramped up 9001x. Sure as hell looks that way. :cthulhu:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Finally! Moriarty! I know he appears in only 1 case, but this guy practically launched the other villains to be more recurring than just one shots from what I can understand. I hope to catch this movie in theaters~! : )))

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
"I'M ON MY -" *kick* "- HONEYMOON"

iirc a lot of adaptations set up Moriarty to be basically an ultimate puppet master, so tbh it made sense for him to stay in the background during the first movie. Sure works in a dramatic sense. :monster:

Also, importantly, this is coming in December, which is awesomely closer than I would have anticipated it to be.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I was already looking forward to this movie, and then I realized Noomi Rapace plays the new leading lady and was like SWEEEEEETTT.

She played Lisbeth Salander in the Swedish adaptation of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo + sequels and was amazing in it. Am excited to see her in this.

And Stephen Fry is in it too? BETTER AND BETTER

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
To be fair, we don't know if the finished film will have more action, its a trailer, they have to emphasize the action elements more. The first film had a lot of scenes of Watson and Holmes investigating and discussing the case, and they were interesting in the film, but that sort of stuff doesn't make for a good movie trailer meant to be get people excited to see the film.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
To be fair, we don't know if the finished film will have more action, its a trailer, they have to emphasize the action elements more. The first film had a lot of scenes of Watson and Holmes investigating and discussing the case, and they were interesting in the film, but that sort of stuff doesn't make for a good movie trailer meant to be get people excited to see the film.

Basically I was expressing my hope that there'd be more of both. :P

Top Bottom