• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Shinra's not so bad....

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'll give credit to Tseng since Tseng sorta has a moral compass and tries to do things with as minimal loss of life and shit, at least before he becomes more jaded and ruthless in FFVII.

He probably did want to try to save innocents.

But the corporation is bigger than him, so while he and Zack may have wanted to save people, the reality is Shinra Inc didn't give a crap about anyone. Like, ever.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Shinra Inc. is bigger then any of the people that work there, that includes the Hojos and Scarlets as much as the Zacks and Tsengs. Don't see why the individual alone should be credited for the moral decisions of it's employees but the company as a whole should be defined by the immoral actions of it's employees.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
Shinra Inc. is bigger then any of the people that work there, that includes the Hojos and Scarlets as much as the Zacks and Tsengs. Don't see why the individual alone should be credited for the moral decisions of it's employees but the company as a whole should be defined by the immoral actions of it's employees.

Well, their higher ups make a lot of immoral decisions.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Right, I would say that Shinra is defined by what the big man upstairs decides to do cuz that is ultimately what the underlings, even if they have a good moral compass, will be charged to carry out. Good intentions of the individual means shit in the face of tragedies that have happened under Shinra's orders.

Last edited:

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Right, I would say that Shinra is defined by what the big man upstairs decides to do cuz that is ultimately what the underlings, even if they have a good moral compass, will be charged to carry out. Good intentions of the individual means shit in the face of tragedies that have been happened under Shinra's orders.

Just ask Barret.

Ghost X

In the real world, iirc, a person would have to be shown to be working completely outside their job description for them to be individually blamed for a crime they committed while on the job, rather than their workplace footing the blame. Fault is otherwise usually cast upon all those in the chain of responsibility, who should have taken reasonable precautions to prevent such an crime from happening (eg: "Do not do this, because it is a crime" in training, etc). When it comes to war crimes, if a grunt is ordered to do a crime by a superior officer, and they do it, they might get lesser sentence, but are still punished, along with everyone above them, if evidence can be traced that far up... or something :mon:.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Anyplace they have Hojo hired has to suck. I mean Shinra would keep up a good face, but the minute you catch Hojo's eye then I am turning in my resignation letter.

DarkAristocrat

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Darkar
Rufus is not bad. If anything, I'd say he's just smug and apathetic. During the events of FF7. He wanted Power and didn't much care about the people, but he didn't want to sacrifice them simply because it would serve him no purpose. During the events of AC, though, he got softened and wanted to help the people. Great guy.

Top Bottom