Site Direction: Everyone Get in Here

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Well the point is new posts in the section should be about the ones that are active xD

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
And posts about past events, will we have a separate forum for those? I wouldn't mind that solution, but I think it's easier if they're all in one place.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
The idea is to gently nudge people to post about the active ones and not necro old ones, not to archive old projects when they're done :monster: I think you're all looking too much into this, although I understand you have to hold onto your Most Pedantic award Flint :monster:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I actually think Ghost might have nailed that one this year, but only 'cos Flint took a hiatus. :monster:

So what happens to old projects then?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
As a software developer (and I should use that phrase more often for lulz), I can appreciate pedantry when it matters, :monster:.

(note: it doesn't really in this case)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Aaron, I don't think there's much danger of people reviving posts from five years ago even if we drop the "active", but I was mainly concerned with getting the word "events" in there, seeing as I'm going to be organising a lot more of them.

You call it pedantic, I call it consensus :P It's almost no effort to change it and you seem to be the only one against it. But it's not the end of the world if it doesn't get changed, there are plenty of other things for us to fix.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Change it

Were do podcasts fall under?

I'd say they fall under Active Projects & Events :)

Looking at the rest of the forum, do we really need the News Reports section? It seems logical to me that FFVII news goes in the FFVII section, FFXV news goes in the Neo FF section, and so on. What kind of news is likely to be shared with us that doesn't fit into an existing section?

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
How many variants on that avatar do you have Flint?! I've counted at least three changes so far!

^ That makes sense I guess, it would probably boost activity in each section anyway. As long as the relevant news item is accessible on the frontpage, I suppose it's a logical step.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I don't have a problem saying the section is redundant necessarily, but is someone going to move the threads to the appropriate section or are we just going to archive it?

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I don't mind relocating the threads (I'm assuming this will involve the addition of a subsection for news for each FF section?), I know it's not exactly a quick job and TBH I want to feel useful.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
How many variants on that avatar do you have Flint?! I've counted at least three changes so far!
I'm not sure how many I went through before I settled on this one. And I still might tweak it a little :P I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my graphical creations.

I don't mind relocating the threads (I'm assuming this will involve the addition of a subsection for news for each FF section?), I know it's not exactly a quick job and TBH I want to feel useful.
:salute:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm fine with just chucking those threads into their respective FF section as-is, i.e. not create more subsections for those. Or archive them. Actually IDK, :monster:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Now nominating Lex as 'Site Dom' rather than 'Site Director'. :monster:

Want me to filter the news section out to the relevant areas (with subsections) or not?

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I'm willing to make subsections if people think we should have them.

Yuri Lowell

Pro Adventurer
Can sort of decentralize a site if done capriciously. Too many boards sort of split up traffic. I think it's pretty neat how it is.

Top Bottom