Some Random Arts

Ghost X

I envy your lithographic prowess. I did it once in school, I don't remember what I made, but my memory tells me it was pretty shit. Also your matting is down good too. I'm pretty shit at that too :awesome:.

AvecAloes

Donator
Thanks, guys. To be fair, Ghost, I didn't actually mat that print. I did all of my own matting in high school and college, but it's a pain in the arse and I don't have the tools available to me to do it anymore, so I took that one to a framing shop :P

Ghost X

For what cost? I think framing shops around here are pretty expensive, mind you there isn't a lot of competition.

AvecAloes

Donator
I honestly don't remember how much it cost...I had two prints matted, and another matted and framed, but I can't remember how it was broken up. It wasn't exactly dirt cheap, but at the time, it was my only option.

KnightInHeaven

...kupo?
AKA
MagetikKnight_FinalHeaven, Celes Lockhart, the Ex-General, Starbucks's Fanatic, Colossal Pillar of Regal Deity
Those are some rather talented carvings and I loved the Les Mis print. You are very talented and you do a better job with floral arts than I ever could lol these are very fantastic, and I hope to see more when you get around to doing more. :3 of course, there's no rush. But these are absolutely lovely, AA! :D

KnightInHeaven

...kupo?
AKA
MagetikKnight_FinalHeaven, Celes Lockhart, the Ex-General, Starbucks's Fanatic, Colossal Pillar of Regal Deity
You're welcome, hon. :3

AvecAloes

Donator
So....have some art?

F2MzGSp.jpg

This is a print that I'm working on for a friend. We have this inside joke involving baby elephants (or as we call them, ephelants), so, yeah. It's a woodcut, carved with my dremel tool. Still a few things I want to refine about it.

LKNrd9j.jpg

This is a comparison between a woodcut (on the left) and a lino cut (on the right) that I've been working on. I made the woodcut fairly early on in my experiments with carving using a dremel tool, so it is definitely lacking some of the refinement that I was able to achieve with the lino cut (which I do by hand), but now that I'm getting a little better with the dremel tool, I might want to try another carving of this image.

ITvfZ90.jpg

This is a painting that I did in June when I took a painting workshop. It was the first time I've painted in 3 or 4 years, so it was a good way to get back into it while learning some new techniques. I really ought to paint more often. I think I could actually be good.

I realize these images are rather small. I sent them to myself in email form from my phone. If I cba to resend them using a larger image setting, I will, but for now, there you go.

AvecAloes

Donator
More art?

Today, I did a brief study of "Water Lilies" by Ohara Koson. I was experimenting with watercolor pencils.
zgWApD9.jpg

iflCjny.jpg

kZmvu31.jpg

kjmhm8Q.jpg

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
They're lovely, I especially like the Hare one.

AvecAloes

Donator
I’ve been doing a TON of art this summer - after my semester ended, I felt really directionless, so I’ve really latched onto this. Here are some of the highlights, why not.

Also I’m doing this on my phone so I have NO IDEA how huge these are going to be, sorry ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Challenged myself with portraits, which I’d never done - these two were my favorites:
9C5B7A82-313F-4F9D-8F27-46317FDC30DD.jpeg

309C2BD6-091A-48BB-B7EE-4B8A4FE18B72.jpeg

Then I started getting back into printmaking:

1ACE9856-E791-4CDA-8A66-ADD8EFC321B9.jpeg
D50A459F-6A31-494E-9C2C-346AD5B39831.jpeg
2A7DE5A7-867F-4F8C-B038-5B23ACE9AFF3.jpeg

And apparently I’m only allowed to attach 5 images, so that’s it for this post

Hopefully they’re not ENMORMOUS

Will edit as needed after I see how it looks on desktop

AvecAloes

Donator
What technique you using for print-making?

I’m carving my images out of linoleum blocks, and then hand printing them using a baren - it’s sometimes hard to get the right amount of pressure, but printing presses are hundreds of dollars so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Top Bottom