Sons of Anarchy

Belmat

Pro Adventurer
Anybody else seen this? From the makers of The Shield (a show I absolutely loved), about a biker club called Sons of Anarchy. I've only seen the pilot so far (it's actually yet to come out here in the UK), but I thought it was excellent.
Having come from that sort of background myself (my father was a one percenter and for a few years I myself was riding Harleys and following down the same path) I'm kind of relating to it. It's good stuff, you should watch it if you have the chance! (The Shield too).

Lex

Administrator
I realise this is an old thread but I was going to make a new one since I thought the original poster was gone but then I checked your post history and realised you actually posted in response to me yesterday... and it was your first post in three years XD

Anyway down to business. I'm on season one on Netflix and I'm enjoying this show, but I don't think I "get" it.

Like they're some sort of crime mafia-type thing but they don't seem to actually do anything for any reason other than the fact that they're in a "club". They don't get anything out of actually being in said club other than membership status, a lot of crime and attempted murder against them. It's literally like a pointless gang.

Really struggling to understand the whole biker club thing.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Oh, but they earn a bit of money from trading weapons. That's erm, yeah as far as I can remember, the main point of the gang. The rest is all about that club, honor, rituals, and lots 'n lots of drama. It's half a soap opera TBF.

Lex

Administrator
Holy shit, that was fucking brutal.

Just saw Opie's death. He was my favourite character. Extreme anger. Also I kind of spoiled it for myself by falling asleep during the episode they were in prison and woke up halfway through the next episode during the funeral. I went back and watched it and wow. Brutal.

Top Bottom