• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Spam discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
mako said:
Wtf is the discussion here?

Yeah, no need to spam it up here guys, post in the chit chat thread if you want to chit fhat.

So generally discussing something in general discussion is reason to close a thread?
Just because a thread isnt exactly quoting some shit news article isnt reason to have it closed.

L asked a legitimate question i dont see why it would be deemed as spam :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I just said keep this shit to PMs.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I do, actually. But first off - is this really a topic you (and you guys) want to let drag on and on and on and on until it becomes similar to one of ACF's massive and pointless dramas? I sure hope not, so let's keep things civil. I'm going to be off in a few minutes, and I just want to ask you guys to not let this get outta hand. If one of the moderators closes a thread, please respect both that moderator and me by letting the matter go. If you really don't agree, please wait half a day or so until things have cooled down.

Anyways, first an apology - in my second warning post, I accidentally said 'general chat' instead of 'chit-chat'. Secondly, I was more referring to the 'ye talk of ye old ACF' in general, of which there were more threads made already.

As for the original thread that was closed - see here - the opening post was pretty meh (in my opinion), and could've used a bit more effort than 'Who's up for starting a team and getting lots of girls to show their tits?' and a smilie, since I personally didn't take the thread seriously, nor did it seem like a real proper effort to create a team in line with the suggestions posted in the teams discussion threads.

I personally wouldn't agree to a 'poast tits hear' team, since it's an obvious cover for a 'spam loads in here guys' team. Plus, besides DNA just now, nobody actually poasts tits. But that aside, back to topic.

I'm not entirely up to scoop on the whole teams business (shame on me btw), but I'm pretty sure the general concensus was that there'd be a handful of team leader volunteers that would set up the first (2 or 3) teams, once they bring up a 'theme' of sorts.

I'd like to postpone these particular decisions until the poll / decision-making process is completed, i.e. April 30th. I don't mind if you discuss things back and forth with your friends somewhat through PM's, profile conversations, Chit-Chat, MSN or the many, many other forms of discussion available on this site, just keep things civil and abide by the - imho not that tight - rules on this forum, as well as general rules of conduct.

Finally, opening up five new threads to prove a point doesn't prove a point at all, and makes people take you and your ideas not serious at all, especially the people that decide on the subject - i.e. the staff.

I'd like to ask for some understanding when it comes to that, we're just trying to keep this place organized and nice to be at. This also involves not opening a spam section, to try and prevent situations just like this one - in fact, part of this situation was even due to ACF's old spam section, seeing that most people involved were very / mainly active there.

Finally, I'd just like to add that I don't consider myself part of that old 'spammer' clique, I haven't posted in spam forever and just took part in some of the site-related discussions. Also, and this is FINALLY finally, this isn't ACF, and I hate to compare this site, forums, and its members to ACF. I'd also want the people to understand this particular point, and that our policy will differ at various points from that of ACF, concerning spam, new sections, teams, and everything. We're trying as much as possible to make this place fun for both you and everyone else, but some concessions have to be made from time to time.

Dunno if someone closed this thread already, but eh.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Oh yeah open the spics thread but not mine REAAAAAAAALLLLLY MATURE.
Nah but srsly the people want what the people want.
You now have a working site that albeit new isn't quite acf yet but still holds a large margin of Acf's memberbase.
You can't really blame people for wanting to carry on with people they may have been split from through acf's closure in the same manner as they did before.
Note you did use acf to redirect people by having X put up that notice.

You now have alot of members who are your mates who are all from acf's spam section, the request to issue a new one merely implicates you dont need to worry about handing out spam warnings and the people shut up for around 3 seconds until we start asking for free taco bell.

Atticus

Kissed by Fire
Finally, I'd just like to add that I don't consider myself part of that old 'spammer' clique, I haven't posted in spam forever and just took part in some of the site-related discussions. Also, and this is FINALLY finally, this isn't ACF, and I hate to compare this site, forums, and its members to ACF.

Where did you post at? =/

and this is FINALLY finally, this isn't ACF

good riddance. But just because it isn't ACF doesn't mean it can't have a spam section.... spam sections are good for the soul. Spam wasn't the end of ACF. Its administration was the end of ACF. spam is the thing that kept that place going.

I'd also want the people to understand this particular point, and that our policy will differ at various points from that of ACF, concerning spam, new sections, teams, and everything.
per se... would a team be allowed a spam section within?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Spam was a big part of the problem.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
The main concern seems to be that cliques will form. Which I guess is a fair enough concern, but they've already been forming regardless. It's not just the people who were around ACF's spam section for years as a clique, people who know each other from A's Cloti forum could be considered as a clique as well, not to mention tons of others I'm probably not thinking of right now. Hell staff could even be accused of being a clique. I don't see any problem with allowing cliques as long as they don't cause drama with each other. Indeed I'd say drama whoring should still be punished with supreme severity, as it always has been. There's no reason allowing some off-topic banter is going to automatically result in people tearing at each other's throats - it happened on ACF because the rules of spam allowed it and at FCF because no rules were even defined until the forum had been open for over a year, and even then weren't enforced consistently because I couldn't work out how people actually wanted them enforced :wackymonster:

Basically I see why there's room for concern but I think a lot of it is misdirected and some of it might even be holding the forum back and causing more drama than it needs. If staff actually tries to create a somewhat open and democratic process for coming up with ways to run the forum it should be avoidable. The whole discussion about a spam section thus far hasn't been open at all, which I think is part of the reason there have been so many complaints. Shutting threads within five minutes hasn't helped either.

A

Great Old One
It's not just the people who were around ACF's spam section for years as a clique, people who know each other from A's Cloti forum could be considered as a clique as well
What now?

AKA
In all honesty do you honestly see peace love and harmony blossoming from my or any other spamrat's loins anytime soon?
The whole issue of cliques is sooooo passe!

Even without a proper spam section you still have to deal with us and tbh its just more work in the end warning everyone who doesnt care about being warned?

If your really just saying no on the basis of the general feel of the forum, pull an old acf trick and have the section password protected/deepground. That way people who want to spam have the place to do so and all those not wanting to have the ability to ignore it.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I'm not saying it's a bad thing, and I didn't mean to single you out or anything, but yeah, the way you post together might fit some people's definition of clique :monster:

A

Great Old One
That doesn't make it a clique, we just happen to know each other from another forum. It's not like 'we' don't speak to other people not from the forum, like 'you.'

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Oh I agree absolutely, I'm just saying different people have different definitions of 'clique'

AKA
Im actually rather impressed ive went the last few posts without once mentioning the words cunt or fuck.

See i can be serious at times also :)

Atticus

Kissed by Fire
I wasn't around before ACF died, but from what I saw before I left was that people would get flamed for posting material considered 'not consistent with a 1337 spam section.' I think if there was a problem with the spam section that would be it. Me myself, I never flamed in the spam section for nonsense. I loved and cherished the spam section and every new padawan that wandered in. spam games were a fun way to chat and take up time.

Supposing there were a way to have a spam section without the 'flaming n00bs business?'

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
There definitely wasn't an issue with flaming noobs before ACF went down tbh. Only idiocy like Kira, User Name, Gheydragoon etc got flamed and that was all entirely justifiable.

People only associate spam with the dramatic ruin of ACF because it was always people from the spam section who were butting heads with the staff and calling them out over shit.

AKA
There definitely wasn't an issue with flaming noobs before ACF went down tbh. Only idiocy like Kira, User Name, Gheydragoon etc got flamed and that was all entirely justifiable.

People only associate spam with the dramatic ruin of ACF because it was always people from the spam section who were butting heads with the staff and calling them out over shit.
then again we did kinda re-write the spam rules internally with V at the forehead. It was merely put down that if you can't take the heat stay out of spam.
For 3+ conversation they can always keep the chit chat thread since seemingly that i where everything on this place is discussed.

Atticus

Kissed by Fire
Well luckily the head of this forum isn't a group of morons. There doesn't seem to have to be a lot of shit being called out by anyone. hence, no future drama.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Idd, you don't see Yopy appointing some unknown neo-nazi to be server admin just for the crack.
then again we did kinda re-write the spam rules internally with V at the forehead. It was merely put down that if you can't take the heat stay out of spam.
We did re-write the spam rules! Nostalgia bumrush! Lol, even after we did that I never bothered enforcing anything past the 'Don't be stupid and expect to get a cuddly welcome' rule.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
That doesn't make it a clique, we just happen to know each other from another forum. It's not like 'we' don't speak to other people not from the forum, like 'you.'

A clique= A small exclusive group of people.

I certainly wouldn't consider myself to be a part of that. I like to talk to any one and everyone. Sure I have friends that are closer than others, but I don't only talk to them, nor do we all act and talk the same or all believe in a certain thing or act a certain way.

That's just my opinion on that. I don't think anyone should get worked up over nothing. X_x;

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
is that what this thread was originally about? I haven't read the first page :(

I just joined in to share my leet kernels of spam moderator wisdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom