SQEX has no plans to bring FF XIII demo on ACC's US release

KuraudoStrife

Site Staff
AKA
Kuraudo
Asked by the site VideoGamer.com if the US release of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete would bring the Final Fantasy XIII Trial Version, Yoshinori Kitase said "The type of demo version we released in Japan, we currently have no plan of doing that abroad, partly because we are going to carry on with the project alongside the Xbox version, so we really can't just make it available only for the PS3.", so in other words, there won't be any demo to americans after all? Kitase says "But we hear that the demo version normally means something that you can download in the West.".
Well it sounds strange, because you can donwload that on the US, but you have to buy on Japan.

Source: http://kotaku.com

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Someone needs to walk up t Kitase, grab him by the shirt collar, and say, "Guess what? A shitload of people will only buy ACC for the demo so GIVE IT TO US!!!!" D:

Unless he means it will be available on the PSN? That works. Maybe they want to get the 360 version up and working first?

Or maybe they think it needs English dubs? Or maybe this is no time for localization?

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I wasn't planning on buying ACC anyway, so this is win/win for me. Absolute lol at SE trolling half its fanbase.

KuraudoStrife

Site Staff
AKA
Kuraudo
Well I already got my demo working nice and clean, the game just looks amazing and I'm really looking forward to the final version. But if they release it on the American PSN, it'll be sure a kick on the balls of the Japanese... well, this is SQEX.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The quote shows that we'll end up getting the demo at a later point for free. So I don't see what the fuck all the complaining is about.

Japanese fans were able to get their demo first since it was bundled with ACC. We'll end up just getting it for free off of PSN.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Mako, seriously, come on, lets go 10 posts without swearing :awesome: I know you can do it if you try.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
The only valid response. Touche.

:awesomonster:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Actually, he did lose points for not saying 'Fuck it' before CBA.

It's the difference between a B and an A, after all.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Just as this new branch of discussion might be, please keep this topic on track. Think of the children and kittens and baby Jesus and whatnot.

@topic, shit sucks. Doesn't Japan have PSN?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah they do. I'm a member of it.

And I fail to see what sucks.

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
Well this isn't all that suprising, I gathered they wouldn't have the english dub recorded or something and it's not really that feasable to release a game with Japanese Audio to the US market. A demo on the PSN sounds like a better idea to distribute it internationaly.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
@Dacon

Well enlighten me then, fucker :monster: Because us getting a demo to download from PSN is hardly a bad thing at all. So what's the problem? SE released the demo first with ACC, and then for Western audiences they can download it.

NoenGaruth summed it up perfectly.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Just as this new branch of discussion might be, please keep this topic on track. Think of the children and kittens and baby Jesus and whatnot.

Kittens get affected by this? Tiger doesn't mind that mako reactor spouting cusses though.

Anyway I'll ask my cous if he can pirate the game and tell you all how it goes or if it blows.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
@Dacon

Well enlighten me then, fucker :monster: Because us getting a demo to download from PSN is hardly a bad thing at all. So what's the problem? SE released the demo first with ACC, and then for Western audiences they can download it.

NoenGaruth summed it up perfectly.

Blablablaba

I don't give a shit about some shitty demo, I'm just commenting on the fact that you have the perceptive skills of a blind hedgehog.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Have you played the demo, faggot? Stfu. I can't help if I'm blind and spiky :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
All demos are shitty by their very nature asshat.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Given that I have the demo, I guess I don't really care, but still it reminds of the extra wait I will be forced to endure due to this multiplatform bullshit :rage:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
According to IGN, the wait isn't going to be that long.

SE claims they're already recording english voices and shit for the localization.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
If the wait won't be long, then why not release it with ACC and release the demo on the xbox live network?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
...Probably because the demo isn't done, hence it not being included with ACC in the first place :monster:

Top Bottom