Square Enix Wants To Release A Major Final Fantasy Game Every 1-2 Years

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Hohohoho... They think we're losing interest because they're not releasing games regularly? Way to miss the point.

Not that that hasn't happened though.

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
I can sense someone's desperate cry for attention....
As they said above, way to miss the point.

Scias

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Vega, Kyle Hyde
IMO a single game that I can play and enjoy during years and years is a lot better than a lot of games that I'll probably forget after finishing their 10-20 hour stories. I mean, come on SE, you can do that with spinoffs but MAIN titles?

SE needs to get it's shit together, without changes in the way they are doing things right now it's kinda obvious this little plan of theirs will fail.

Guts

The Black Swordsman
AKA
Aithex, Atom
16Gatsu-Guts-Berserk-Manga.jpg

KITASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
^This needs to be a smilie.

Right fucking now.

Guts makes the most epic rage faces, ever.

Guts

The Black Swordsman
AKA
Aithex, Atom
I love Guts. I actually think he's a warm and loving person at heart, bent to hellish extremes by stuff that'd make most people far more ruthless and desensitized than he is. I like him. I can't wait for the movies.

Guts

The Black Swordsman
AKA
Aithex, Atom
Reading Berserk always makes me want to clean my teeth... His damn grin.

Prince Roxas

I Wanna Fly High
AKA
Kuki, Truten Prower
I think the problem with SE is that they keep on thinking "Our fans will wait for us, this game will take 10 years to make but they will still be as excited as they were when we first announced it". That's the problem. Their development takes far too long sometimes like Versus and KHIII. How many fans spam new announcements with "WHERE IS VERSUS/KHIII" and in order to plead with the fans they make spin offs to keep the series alive but whilst making these games it further delays the main game like KHIII.

The fact that Versus XIII was announced in 2006 and just in September 2011 it finally went into full production and is no where near a release date is an embrassment on their part.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I think the problem with SE is that they keep on thinking "Our fans will wait for us, this game will take 10 years to make but they will still be as excited as they were when we first announced it". That's the problem. Their development takes far too long sometimes like Versus and KHIII. How many fans spam new announcements with "WHERE IS VERSUS/KHIII" and in order to plead with the fans they make spin offs to keep the series alive but whilst making these games it further delays the main game like KHIII.

The fact that Versus XIII was announced in 2006 and just in September 2011 it finally went into full production and is no where near a release date is an embrassment on their part.

Remember when they said FFVII was being viewed as a 20-year project?:

http://www.1up.com/news/20-years-final-fantasy-vii

At the rate they're going, it's going to be 2017 when they do anything else with the Compilation.

Who wants to take bets on what comes out first?: Versus XIII, KHIII or the finale to the Compilation of FFVII?

Scias

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Vega, Kyle Hyde
^ Lulz, they REALLY need to get serious. When was the Compilation first announced? 2003, with AC?

2012 is nearly here. I mean come on, man. I can name a good number of entire franchises that have started from zero in all these years and a pair of them have even reached their respective plot endings. With the Compilation all we've got in all these years have been fanservice and new plot elements (that I have no idea how they'll fit in the OG if a remake is made). Don't take me wrong, I've enjoyed the Compilation, but I'm not sure if I like the way SE has been managing it. Instead of shoehorning so many new characters and so many weird sci-fi Shinra bullshit we actually needed more Zangan, more Dio, more Corel, more Mideel, more Cosmo Canyon, y'know. But I guess that's 'nother tale for another thread.

And it would be OK if one could say "hey, they're taking their time, they need it to make a great game" but right now with this kind of "derp we'll milk even more the FF name" news we can't be sure about that at all. :whistle:

So yeah, we'll have to wait and see.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
^ Lulz, they REALLY need to get serious. When was the Compilation first announced? 2003, with AC?
I think the Compilation came a little bit later. They originally announced AC on its own, and later on revealed the Compilation.

To be honest, with Square I just tend to forget about whatever it is they're working on nowadays and just wait until they've set an actual release, then pay attention during the months before the game is released :awesome: I wasn't that bothered by FFXIII's long wait because I wasn't paying attention until it had a definite release date set.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I think the Compilation came a little bit later. They originally announced AC on its own, and later on revealed the Compilation.

Yeah, AC was announced in September 2003, and BC -- and, thus, the Compilation as a whole -- was announced a little while later in 2004. But Nomura was already talking about doing more than AC as early as October 2003 (see the last question and response):

http://www.gamespot.com/news/kingdom-hearts-iis-tetsuya-nomura-q-and-a-6076646

hito said:
To be honest, with Square I just tend to forget about whatever it is they're working on nowadays and just wait until they've set an actual release, then pay attention during the months before the game is released :awesome: I wasn't that bothered by FFXIII's long wait because I wasn't paying attention until it had a definite release date set.

That's what I did with both XII and XIII.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Welp, if you're gonna make a good game that doesn't suck. Then I won't mind this kind of desire from them. Thing is, I loved XII, and I wish they'd expanded on that concept with XIII. They failed. What's worse, they failed with some titles like 3rd birthday. (which I still never forgave them for)

It's not time that's needed here, it's goals and proper understanding of what one wants to create for its customers and audience in general. A service quality if you will.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I beg to differ, Astroboy. There was alot of things that made the entry wrong.

Guts

The Black Swordsman
AKA
Aithex, Atom
It's a fun game. It may not be a Parasite Eve title in a consistent sense but it's certainly fun. Parasite Eve wasn't even that great itself, so why is following mediocrity with more of it really bad?

Square hardly outperform themselves. Hell, some of their games only score highly on merit of production values and aren't even fun to play.

AerithLives

Pro Adventurer
I am losing interest because the new titles are rubbish. Not because they take so long to make. Creativity cannot have deadlines slammed on it! They know nothing! Abort the trash your releasing and give me another complication in the FF7 series...on the ps3!

Top Bottom