Square Enix wrongfully banning it's FFXI players.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Faggot.

To even get a chance to fight PW, you need to get the Pandemonium Key, which is gotten by defeating all the Zeni Notorious Monsters. You have to kill at least 15 different monsters in order to get the seals necessary to get a Pandemonium Key, which you then use to fight PW.

Keep in mind getting this info and the seals necessary requires exorbitant amounts of gil because the person you talk to, requires that you pay for the info and items as well as killing the monsters. It's fucking insane.

This isn't new on mmo's. It happens in dofus as well but all you need to do is send them a ticket if you were banned for 'gardening' and they'll overturn it. Doesn't FF11 have a tech support lol?

They don't work that way. All you get to do is talk to someone in a live chat apparently. Then they tell you that they can't do anything about it and they'll submit a "Ban Reversal Request" which may or may not result in the ban being overturned after their "investigation" and there's no way you can track the investigation, talk to someone about the results or even dispute it. You just wait, and take what they give you.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Like Mako said, letter/email bomb every game/nerd/geek/anime/whatever new source you can think of. Tell everyone you know to do it. Eventually someone is going to go digger.

GameInformer seems to be good about reading their mail, and this seems like something right up their ally. Or used to be up their ally. It's been a while since my subscription ran out so maybe not anymore. lol

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
They don't work that way. All you get to do is talk to someone in a live chat apparently. Then they tell you that they can't do anything about it and they'll submit a "Ban Reversal Request" which may or may not result in the ban being overturned after their "investigation" and there's no way you can track the investigation, talk to someone about the results or even dispute it. You just wait, and take what they give you.

well thats some really shit support then lol.

Sephiroth_Owa13

Rookie Adventurer
Well good news has come today for a lot gardeners, seems like a good deal of the banned accounts have been reinstated. But SE has not given a public apology yet or even said they messed up as of yet.

There are still some people still banned. And those that are reinstated are wanting a public apology from SE.

Just in the back of my mind I can't help but wonder if this will happen again with the next round of bans from XI.

Cause still no full reason why the bans in the first place other then players thinking it was the RMTPWNER ver 1.337 automated tool. Leaving the gardeners that were not touched by the bans worried about their gil income and a high cause of a nerf in the update on the 20th of this month.

And as for what Mako was saying about the Pandy Warden. Yes that was a fucked NM but now players are finally able to beat it by logging out...on the Smn forms 2hour which is astral flow. Which lets Avatars use classic moves like Diamond Dust for Shiva. Lucky with that one SE didn't get anal about and said the NM ( mega boss ) was defeated.

But there's another insane NM in FFXI in a place called "sea" called AV or Absolute Virtue. Of which the players still don't know how to beat within the 2hour limit. And by the way the 2hour limit was placed on NMs like Warden and AV after the 18 hour fight...

And sadly their web support is not very different from their phone support.

Lucky enough on this matter enough players made enough of a fuss that they reinstatded a number of the accounts.

Edit

And I just checked my e-mail again for the e-mail saying my account was reinstated...nada...so I'm guessing I'm getting it a week after like I did with my ban e-mail.
Account banned on the 2nd of July, got the e-mail saying it was banned on the 9th, and reinstated on the 10th without a notice in e-mail like they said they'd send to me.

Last edited:

Sephiroth_Owa13

Rookie Adventurer
SE at it again...

Sorry another update...
Seems like SE is still trigger happy with their ban stick...

From Allakhazam poster GummybearOdin:

Hiya guys, So I have 3 accounts 2 I dual box on and 1 is a mule of 16 chars. I don't garden on it, just store pop items and drops that haven't been distributed yet, and the main portion of my gil for myself, gf, and the lsbank.

Give you guys some history on what happened first...

About 2-3 weeks ago I lost my CC at a bookstore. I decided to get it replaced through my CC company. About 1 week later it arrived with a completely new number. I've been struggling to get all my online accounts updated. Around July 2nd I went to logon ffxi and found that my content ids were dead of course due to the CC number changed. So I logged on Gummybear account and put in my Citi-Mastercard and reactivated my content id. I then proceed to activate my 2nd account with the same CC# and it had some UCS-xxxxxx error and so I retyped it and tried again and again....

Couldn't get it to work so I took my gf's CC and popped the information in and bam it takes it and I reactivate my content ID...

I figure there has to be some sort of time delay before you can use the same CC# on another account so I decide to wait 1 day to activate my "Gummynet" account which is the ls mule account. So on the next day I use my Citi-Mastercard to activate "Gummynet" and it went through on first try. No problems.

So my 3 accounts are fine. I was at anime-expo working that weekend so didn't really get to play. The week before I did log on "Gummynet" to get Byakko trigger items that we had store across the characters to get some Haidates for ls members. The drop was awesome we had 3/4 Haidates that weekend and 4 Behemoth Hides and Divine Logs. So I had a ton of stuff to sell during the week, I won a bunch of Rank 4's on my mules and so I started to sell like 7-8 Behemoth Hides to populate the bank for Dynamis runs.

I didn't really log into play again until last week Friday July 10, 2009 when I realized it was LM-17 while we were trying to log in to grab gear to do a quick 12 man Divine Might run.

I waited to Monday July 13, 2009 to make the report, and I told the gentleman on the phone that I was LM-17'ed and that it was possible my whole CC situation caused it. He said "no sir you were banned for RMT activity." Uh WHAT?!!! "Only thing I can do is file a ban complaint for you and they will review your account." So I filed a ban complaint with the description: "This account is the ls treasury and a mule we use for crafting and muling gear." I swear on my own life that I haven't rmt'ed for sh*t EVER... I only logon the mule to grab stuff and trigger items for small events. The guy told me there was nothing he could do but file the complaint and they will call or e-mail me with the decision...

My 16 mules are consisted of this: First 4 mules are range of gear from 1-30, 31-45, 46-65, 66-75. 1 Mule for quest items, and random trigger items like ugg pendant runs, tatami shield type, 1 mule for fishing gear, poles, signed poles, random types of fish, 1 mule for wood crafting, 2 mules belong to my gf's junk, 1 mule lsbank/jueno ah slave for the shell, 1 mule for all goods for abjurations, einherjar, salvage, 3 1-for each city, food mule. Basically I'm trying to say NO I DONT GARDEN... NO THIS CHAR DOESNT NPC...

I'm so distraught over this... I've spent countless hours with STF and GMs to help clean the server up of RMT farmers, making comprehensive reports. TO BE CALLED A RMT...

Then the SEI Melanie R, is a OMFG... I was so pissed off after talking to her, I've called friends, and people in marketing inside SE to report this bs to them directly. I've come to the conclusion JP SE handles all decisions...

Here's the part I don't understand, how is it legal that you ban people without substantial proof of even anything remotely like RMT??? For those for you that say I'm lying, you can use me as an example of someone thats NEVER F'ing RMT EVER and got banned unjustly. I feel so bad for all of the people I keep reading about, that got caught up in this... I've had my entire linkshell begin writing e-mails to the STF about this account...

Our entire salvage, limbus, dynamis currency toward relic, gil is all on this account... If they would even TAKE A LOOK at this account they will notice the dynamis currency NEVER moves... The Ancient Beastcoins go straight to rare/ex items from Sagheera for people of the shell, that the gil supply barely moves, and when it does it goes toward purchases of gear toward ls members that STILL have it for the last 6 years.... Sorry for the rant... Still LM-17'ed for RMT Activity and reported it on Monday July 13, 2009. Huge thank you to those behind all of us...

Why oh why did I leave my CC there...

My belief of what happened:

Problems with CC# triggers RMT-PWNER 1.337 <--- lamest name ever.

After you surface on RMT-PNWER's radar, Gilded Tomb kicks in and scans your account for a few criteria. Gil on multiple chars? Too much gil on a single char?

This is still pure bs because, you should at least verify it... Don't be telling me they personally verify god knows how many accounts that were all suddenly banned these last 2-3 weeks. Seriously JP mentality, ban first, prove your innocence later...

Anyways...

2nd post

My stomach hurts, even more I forgot to mention another long time friend of mine Thundaga also plays in a shell called Shield of Heaven, they are seriously an awesome group of friends playing together. I really envy them... They have a central mule account in which they share their gil to help each other make purchases, and did gardening which yield a ridiculously small amount of gil each week split across 6 players +.

I seriously don't understand this anymore, FFXI is the only game EVER to experience extreme deflation after its introductory period but due to DESTROYING legit player's gil supplies... They didn't go after the RMTs at the end (or maybe they did to some degree) but they are systematically destroying the legit playerbase...

The linkshell I'm in has the same player base for the last 6 years... The people in my linkshell, the players around me, the people on this forum for example making the awesome posts, and the community that this has together built is what kept me in this game...

If SE seriously thinks their game is some magnificent thing, they need to think again. The people this game drew together is why we are all still playing.

Seriously the security token... "We need you to fax us your driver's license, and credit card to prove its you." HELLO SE ITS MY NAME ON THE ACCOUNT, MY NAME ON THE PAYMENT INFO, AND ITS GOT SECURITY TOKEN REGISTERED TO MY NAME... Seriously don't blame the POL Information center, blame the morons that think they have it all figured out that is so above us they have no phone number or e-mail was can use to OMGWTF "communicate" with them and give them feedback.

I remember the patch that destroyed Anarchy Online... My guild of real life friends all quit at around level 80 of 200 max back then on that weekend because Funcom decided to make a patch that made all the mobs invincible to melee but not magic and left it like that for the entire weekend live... This may actually be the moment the game will begin to seriously die... FF14 will be a joke... NO THANX. (Although I hope those that do play are treated better)

Now this latest joke, 3 mini-expansions for $10 each... add them up and you got $30!!! the price of the last 4 expansions!!! So what is SE pulling this time? Oh look we want $30 again from each player to "buy their content" but not release any new jobs... Its just too much work, and most of the team is working on FF14 anyways.

End Rant... My best of hopes for all of you...

So just rethink if you gonna get into XI or XIV that's coming out.

Also sorry for the wall-o-text. ; ;

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I can't believe I read all that and I don't even play FFXI. /facepalm

In any case, I'm glad I never picked up the game. It sounds like a lot more trouble than its worth.

Sephiroth_Owa13

Rookie Adventurer
I can't believe I read all that and I don't even play FFXI. /facepalm

In any case, I'm glad I never picked up the game. It sounds like a lot more trouble than its worth.

lol it's getting to that point. A good deal of my dynamis linkshell is worried about banned accounts...but we're getting the thing of...if they ban us then fuck them. Less cash for them. I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing till they say stop it's a no-no and if you don't we ban you!

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Square Enix is fucking retarded now. Them freaking out at using a different credit is borderline retarded and hateful. It's like they *want* to just piss off the userbase now. Who is in charge of PR here? Someone needs to take this shit to game informer now or something. This is fucking nuts.

You FFXI fuckers need to do something other than going back and giving them their money. They need to learn from this shit.

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
Ah crap, and here I was thinkin about actually trying FFXIV... ah well, guess I shouldn't. I ohpe they get that shit straightened out, WTH was SE thinking O.o It's like they just suddenly and automagically banned a ton of the userbase without warning. Yarg.

+ Seeker Of Salvation +

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
And here I was thinking I would try XIV. Maybe I will, but only if I start hearing good things real soon about this debacle.

And people will sue for anything. One dude tried to sue a laundromat for something like two million bucks because they lost his jeans :(

Top Bottom