• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Cerri

hit was super effective !
Please please tell me someone else has this :< The game is pretty epic so far.

Besides the occasional terrible voice acting, this game has a lot to offer. Much more interesting than the previous installment,

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I played a bit of some Star Ocean game on the PS2, and I was frustrated that the main chick in the start of the game didn't get boned but was a 'cousin' or 'sister' or something. It was a bit kiddy, imho, but then, I hadn't finished it.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Probably gonna buy this when I go pick up Re5 next week.

I'd probably get it if I had a 360. I wasn't terribly fond of Star Ocean 3, though. I didn't like how you were essentially stuck on a generic medieval planet for 85% of the game when it seemed as if it was going to be in a more sci-fi setting; false advertising was uncool. D: Does this new one emphasize the sci-fi stuff more?

Cerri

hit was super effective !
Mmm Yeah. This one is way better than the previous Star Ocean. I wasn't found of Star Ocean 3 plot wise (or character wise) I pretty much enjoyed the battle system and Item Creation.

TLH is way better. And yes, it emphasizes and sci-fi more and you're not stuck on some medieval planet from more than half of the game.

I think 'Till the End of Time took too long for the story to progress. Thankfully, in The Last Hope, the story progresses at a way better speed.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I'll definitely give this a chance, but it screams 'Ugh, anime' a bit too much for me. I do not like the character designs and Edge Maverick is a stupid, stupid name.

And the character designs for one of the female characters is tasteless and a little sickening.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
[quote author=The Notorious M.O.G. link=topic=648.msg28033#msg28033 date=1236387174]
I'll definitely give this a chance, but it screams 'Ugh, anime' a bit too much for me. I do not like the character designs and Edge Maverick is a stupid, stupid name.

And the character designs for one of the female characters is tasteless and a little sickening.
[/quote]

It's the faces, they're so plastic and ugly.

mlazor

Rookie Adventurer
hmm...so has anyone besides Cerri palyed this game? Is it anything
like Final Fantasy? (sorry i've never played star ocean :( )

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
From what I've played of the series, it's like FF without the boring battle systems.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I played 'Til the End of Time. It's...good, but very aptly named. As Cerri said, it has the slowest pacing EVER. The dungeons are also enormous, which can be a good thing I know, but I was never the obsessive RPG-gamer. And its not like a dungeon was just long, its that 70% of it was completely unnecessary and only served to get you hopelessly lost.

I also recall commenting on what sundials did, the game is sci-fi, but within minutes they stick you on a medieval planet and slap you with the Star Trek Prime Directive (verbatim). Once you finish there, you crash on ANOTHER medieval planet and you're there forever. Then you leave, and come back.
I remember thinking, "So really this is just like every other medieval RPG you cheaters. I COULD be vaporizing every thing that moves but I have to use a sword for some reason."

Until, of course, that chick with the blue hair shows up, for some reason she can use her blaster no questions asked.

Rem

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I played and enjoyed SO 1-3 but I can't seem to get all that interested in this one. I think I'll wait until I see it going cheap second hand :p
I usually like anime style stuff but there's something nasty about the look of the characters in this one, I guess its just too OTT. At least some on the scenes seem funny but still...just cant seem to care too much about it.

sheens

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sheens, Mooglet
[quote author=ForceStealer link=topic=648.msg29224#msg29224 date=1236788487]
I played 'Til the End of Time. It's...good, but very aptly named. As Cerri said, it has the slowest pacing EVER. The dungeons are also enormous, which can be a good thing I know, but I was never the obsessive RPG-gamer. And its not like a dungeon was just long, its that 70% of it was completely unnecessary and only served to get you hopelessly lost.

I also recall commenting on what sundials did, the game is sci-fi, but within minutes they stick you on a medieval planet and slap you with the Star Trek Prime Directive (verbatim). Once you finish there, you crash on ANOTHER medieval planet and you're there forever. Then you leave, and come back.
I remember thinking, "So really this is just like every other medieval RPG you cheaters. I COULD be vaporizing every thing that moves but I have to use a sword for some reason."

Until, of course, that chick with the blue hair shows up, for some reason she can use her blaster no questions asked.
[/quote]

GAD the firewall area in SO:TTEOT was so pissy. It was so pissy that it's unbelievable. But I still love the game. :}

Top Bottom