Steam Deck

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Interested in seeing on how it will handle generational transition because at some point in the upcoming 5 years the hardware would be quite outdated to run certain games without compromises.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]

So we have:

- Steam library on handheld.
- Significantly more powerful than the Switch, it can play AAA games without needing to Cloud stream.
- Price point of $400.
- Can connect it to a screen to play with mouse and keyboard if needed.

This has all sorts of implications, but one relevant thing is that it is now feasible to get VIIR on handheld...
BROOOOOO FUCK I WANT THIS

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Going by the preview and developer comments, since you can install third party programms and other app stores this could mean:
  • Emulators.
  • DRM free games (via GOG store).
  • Being able to play games without needing always online connection.
On paper it's already a more appealling product than the Nintendo Switch, with the only drawback being the yikes pricing for the storage.

The fact that it can be used as just a regular desktop PC is nice bonus.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It's a PC, and you can install emulators, Windows, the whole lot on it if you want, and connect it to a keyboard and mouse - making it an interesting alternative to a gaming PC or especially a laptop.

Also it depends; what nintendon't? They're a specialized platform with mainly platform exclusives, like they've always done.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
If you haven't bought anything via Steam between November 14th 2021 to November 14th 2022, apparently you're not eligible. :monster:

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
That's the opposite if my dad thinking lol was "lots of love" for years
dodge-ball-lfor-love.gif

Top Bottom