Super Mario Series Thread

Lex

Administrator
I played a bit of all of them and I forgot how slippery the controls are in SM64. I've never played Sunshine, and I found it clunky and irritating. Galaxy on the other hand feels great to play, even if it is a little mind-bendy at times with the movement lol.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
I played a bit of all of them and I forgot how slippery the controls are in SM64. I've never played Sunshine, and I found it clunky and irritating. Galaxy on the other hand feels great to play, even if it is a little mind-bendy at times with the movement lol.

Mario 64 is only really slippery on some awkward slopes, but I think it's enough to make it stick out to people. It does happen more than it should, yeah. Still... I could go into great detail into the genius of Mario 64's controls (I wrote a whole doc on it at one point)

Pictures say more than words, so I uploaded a gif to show what I like about 64:

Galaxy does feel pretty great, but they've culled back how much momentum transfers between moves significantly compared to 64. The mind-bending platforming and pacing absolutely make it super fun - because of that, it's also the one I've been playing the most in the collection. Out of all three, it's got the most polished experience in terms of consistent, solid joyful level design.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

So it wasn't just me....

Good to know. Yeah it certainly takes getting used to. Especially the special stages. I hate em :monster:

Lex

Administrator
I'm just dropping off here to say I've just beat Champion's Road for the first time ever and I feel UNSTOPPABLE. I beat it with Mario. So unstoppable did I feel that I went in half an hour later and also beat it with Luigi :monster:

I'm going to keep going and do it with all the characters so I can properly 100%

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I am enjoying this game. I play it with Squidge. I like how if you fuck up 9000 times it gives you invincible tanooki suit. This is very helpful. Although it doesn't help when she yeets me into the lava.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
FAAR-6iVIAISP5B

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Now that we're stuck with him as the choice, I could theoretically imagine him doing a decent Mario voice if he does a Martinet impression. But I'm only forced to think that because this is the reality we live in: where Chris Pratt is Super Mario

There are some alright picks. Anna Taylor Joy is probably the best cast out of all of them. But as a whole? Man, we really have to get over this whole "animated features need A listers or else no one will see it" mentality. Are people at large really going to the theaters to see Chris Pratt? Or are they going to see Super Mario?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I fucking took a nap and woke up in a damn Twilight Zone episode.

There ain't no way this cast is real. I'm in a fucking joke genjutsu world where Bayonetta 3 fucking exists and the newly announced Mario movie has CHRIS PRATT as MARIO and Keegan-Michael Key as TOAD.

WHAT.

Get the fuck out of here, Nintendo. Somebody, WAKE ME UP.

Top Bottom